2013 Seat recline - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
To me it looks like FORD did not do the right research addressing the seat back issue,ANY two door car that comes with a rear seat needs to have this designed into the mechanism...
Be sure to add your 2 cents at Ford Social, 5.0 Candy REDCS.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTurbo View Post
Ok, i'll try again. That's definitely not the point that was made.

If you buy a car that does not have a feature you want, you really have no means to complain when it doesnt have said feature post-purchase. You know what you bought. The feature you want was not included in the price. You can't blame the manufacturer for that. As stated, if back seat comfort and convenience are VERY important to you, not only is the mustang not a good choice, but any car in the segment probably is not a good choice. Donít complain about the manufacturer when you made a bad purchasing decision.

Ok by your reasoning I should have know it didn't have the return feature.
My 1990 Thunderbird, my 2003 Lightning, my 2009 F150, my 2001 Lighning, my 2003 Focus SVT, all had seats that returned to there last position after you tilted the seat back foward.
So I went and test drove my Mustang and just because I didn't tilt the seat foward it is my fault for not knowing. Every Ford I have owned before had this feature, so I guess I should have assumed the mustang didn't have the feature. I know the Fox bodies had this feature as well as the up to 2004 mustangs. So I guess we should have all known Ford removed this feature in our cars

Are you kidding me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTurbo View Post
Ford took a minimalist approach to the rear seats (amongst other things) to keep the price down. You might say that a $50 seat locater mechanism is not very expensive but thatís not the point. The combination of choices is what ultimately leads to the low price.
I don't think keeping the return feature would cost a penny more, it is just a different design, not a more expensive design

Low Price, are you kidding me again????
I paid extra for the premium package, along with $395 for the premier trim, and $595 for the comfort package, and I don't find anything premium, premier, or all that comfort about these options. We all know the problems with the power seats, and the power tracks/motors failing. While the power hasn't failed on my car yet, it makes the loudest noise when you move the seat foward or back. I am almost afraid to move the seat foward if I have to cacuum under my seats. I already had one seat cover replaced, due to defective die in my seat, my heaters in my seats really don't work

So just for the little blue stripe on my seats, seat heaters, and power passenger seat, I paid almost a grand, above the premium package. So I have no idea where you get low price.

So I think all of us who are dissapointed by the lack of this feature have a right to be pissed off that ford decided to omitt this basic feature

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Deysha, I tried to register 2 times already, first time some time ago (2 weeks approx) and just now.... keeps giving me errors lol
I'll continue to try!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Don's Stang... how right you are about the power seat motor failing, my driver's side motor just died,and that's after I moved it back to vacaum the carpeting....so suddenly I could NOT reach the pedals, that probably was less than 10 times overall movment back and forth since new.
Tech at the shop was telling me he already exchanged quite a few of these failing motors on '11 and '12 Mustangs.
whatever happened to quality? The sound that motor makes under the seat creeps me right out.tech mentioned that there is a huge amount of play between the gear and track and what seems to happen is the gear jumps out meshing the track threaded part becomming useless.The entire track/motor had to be replaced.
I would have loved a manual rake mechanism just like old school!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Burnett View Post
This has become the dumbest thread on AFM.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Yes. Yes it has

2013 GT - 4.10 gears, JLT CAI, offroad x-pipe, custom catback exhaust with spintech 9000 mufflers, bama tune, Ford Racing short shifter and bracket, Ford Racing K springs, TSW Rockinghams with 265/35/20F - 305/30/20R
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Burnett View Post
This has become the dumbest thread on AFM.
No it isn't
Maybe this thread, and others like it, like the non working seat heaters, electric seat tracks that fail, the auto dimming rear view mirrors, or failing manual transmissions, will get some attention by someone at Ford, and they will resolve these issues in future mustangs.

Sometimes these threads are the only thing that gets there attention

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
Deysha, I tried to register 2 times already, first time some time ago (2 weeks approx) and just now.... keeps giving me errors lol
I'll continue to try!
Definitely keep trying. Try again after the holidays. If it does not work, PM me with the errors it's giving you.

Deysha
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
No it isn't
Maybe this thread, and others like it, like the non working seat heaters, electric seat tracks that fail, the auto dimming rear view mirrors, or failing manual transmissions, will get some attention by someone at Ford, and they will resolve these issues in future mustangs.

Sometimes these threads are the only thing that gets there attention
I agree with you and I'm one of those who think the seat back thing is a problem that should be solved.

The "dumb" part started when someone jumped in and called everyone morons for having an issue with this. But if that's what it takes to get a thread this long to get some attention, then good has been done.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2012 GT Premium - 401A - 6MT - 3.73s - Steeda CAI and Tune - Steeda Q-Series Hood - Forgestar CF5s - SVT Brembo Brakes - BOSS Brake Ducts - MGW Shifter - GT500 Axlebacks - BOSS Side Exit Exhuast - Eibach Prokit Springs - Adjustable Panhard Bar - BOSS Strut Tower Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page