2013 Seat recline - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2013 Seat recline

Is it just me or is the setup for getting out of the rear seat ridiculous? When activating the lever at the top of the seat it appears to do exactly the same thing as the recline lever so that the seat then returns to the fully unreclined position and the driver must then reset the recline angle every single time. Never had a car behave this way before. They always returned to the set recline angle. Am i missing something? Am I stupid? Be kind.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012
BOSS Member

Garage
That's how it works. Never had a problem with it.

post #3 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yep. Actually found it on page 141 of the manual. It's a minor annoyance but heck even my 01 GT didn't do that. Love the car and certainly didn't buy it for conveniences but a stinking dome light would have been nice too!

post #4 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcat View Post
Yep. Actually found it on page 141 of the manual. It's a minor annoyance but heck even my 01 GT didn't do that. Love the car and certainly didn't buy it for conveniences but a stinking dome light would have been nice too!
Maybe Ford thought everyone was going to get the glass roof and the dome light would look out of place:kooky:

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
post #5 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012
PONY Member

and if you have kids in the back they love to play with the lever on the top of the seat. Whats this lever do, opps the the front seat goes flying back. great idea ford

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
post #6 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012
Rookie

...an absolute annoyance to me on my 2011, from day one. As a manual driver, I tend to be a bit obsessive about the seat-back position, and never seem to get it right, once I mess with it. My 94GT had a separate lever...can't understand why we lost such a simple feature. I understand it's a minor thing, but still...bad job by Ford.
post #7 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012
PONY Member

I agree with all.

Lately a lot of manufacturers have been leaving out the basic and common sense stuff on their cars. This being one of many. It seems most are all about the electronic junk that a lot of people still don't give a rats arse about.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
post #8 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I personally didn't buy any of my mustangs to have backseat passengers that would ever effect the driver seat or to worry about convenience. Only person that rides in the backseat is my 5 year old and on the passenger rear!

I couldnt care less about the position of the front passenger seat, as each and every passenger sets it to their personal liking anyways. My son's comfort is more important to me, and my seat position never changes.

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
post #9 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Well, I suppose it's an improvement over what Ford used to have in their cars. The seat backs in my Torinos would always go back to the same position every time -- there was only one position -- fully up! lol

But yes, it IS annoying. Especially considering I've been driving sedans for the past 18 years and rarely have to adjust the recline position. There is only 2 positions I ever use; Drive and Nap.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!
PONY Member

Seriously? Are you kidding me? With exception of Blazin and Conejo, you are all morons for buying a clearly defined sports car and being concerned about such things.

Also, the glass roof is awesome. Dusman is OK too.

/thread

2012 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue W/ 401A Trim
Electronics PKG, RR Sensing/Security PKG, HIDs PKG, Comfort PKG, Brembo Brake PKG, Glass Roof, Rear Camera
post #11 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Morons? Is that really necessary? Does absolutely everything on a forum have to degrade to argument and insult? It's annoyance plain and simple. Seating position is important and I use the drivers side backseat egress daily. It's a pain to readjust the seat every time, and it makes no sense that Ford would omit this simple convenience. Especially when others like auto up and auto down windows auto headlights, steering wheel controls are included. My 01 had none of these but remembered where my seat was set.

It's a simple observation insulting no one and doesn't deserve insult in return. Great first impression of what to expect on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Apprentice

It a muscle car, not a sports car. There is a difference, and yes I expect to be able to put a passenger into the rear seat of a muscle cat.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

-Ken
2011 5.0 Convertible 401a with Accessory Package 6 and 19" Wheels

Other rides:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
2007 H-D VRSCD Nightrod
Beechcraft King Air 300
PONY Member

For easy resetting of the seat angle:
  • Adjust the seat back to the position you desire;
  • Put a piece of tape across the intersection of the seat back and seat bottom;
  • Cut the tape so a piece remains on the seat back and seat bottom;
  • Just align the tapes after the seat back has been moved.
Use a tape that is not very noticeable or a tape that has a desirable bling appeal.

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcat View Post
Is it just me or is the setup for getting out of the rear seat ridiculous? When activating the lever at the top of the seat it appears to do exactly the same thing as the recline lever so that the seat then returns to the fully unreclined position and the driver must then reset the recline angle every single time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljoseph View Post
...an absolute annoyance to me on my 2011, from day one. As a manual driver, I tend to be a bit obsessive about the seat-back position, and never seem to get it right, once I mess with it. My 94GT had a separate lever...can't understand why we lost such a simple feature. I understand it's a minor thing, but still...bad job by Ford.
We definitely value your views and comments, guys. We all have different perspectives and are always up to new feedback. Make sure to add your .02 cents at Ford Social.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
For easy resetting of the seat angle:
  • Adjust the seat back to the position you desire;
  • Put a piece of tape across the intersection of the seat back and seat bottom;
  • Cut the tape so a piece remains on the seat back and seat bottom;
  • Just align the tapes after the seat back has been moved.
Use a tape that is not very noticeable or a tape that has a desirable bling appeal.
This is a good idea, Bobby B.

Deysha
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTurbo View Post
Seriously? Are you kidding me? With exception of Blazin and Conejo, you are all morons for buying a clearly defined sports car and being concerned about such things.
Ummmm ... "clearly defined sports cars" don't have
Quote:
Electronics PKG, RR Sensing/Security PKG, HIDs PKG, Comfort PKG, Glass Roof, Rear Camera
either but I guess you forgot that when you bought yours.

Not to mention that 40 pounds of leather and foam called a BACK SEAT. You know, the thing you have to flip the front seat forward to get into.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page