LED Reverse Bulbs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

LED Reverse Bulbs

I am trying to install LED reverse lights but am not sure how to just change out the bulbs. I have pulled the black panel off in the trunk and see the three screws on each light but am stuck on how to gain access to the bulbs. Do I have to pull out the tailight? Can anyone provide guidance on how to just gain access to the reverse bulbs?

I've attached a pic of where I am at in the process.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tailight.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	167789  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012
PONY Member

You are correct, the tail light must be removed. Just remove the three nuts on the studs shown circled in red, real easy.

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK 5.0 View Post
You are correct, the tail light must be removed. Just remove the three nuts on the studs shown circled in red, real easy.
after it's removed, how do I get to the bulbs? How to I remove that brown piece? Trying to get to this point:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tailight 2.png
Views:	136
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	167790  

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012
PONY Member

You pull the tail lamp out from the back side of the car, not from inside of the trunk. That is, stand behind the car and pull the tail lamp towards you, but not too far as the wiring will still be attached to the tail lamp. The brown piece will stay in place. Hope this makes sense.

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK 5.0 View Post
You pull the tail lamp out from the back side of the car, not from inside of the trunk. That is, stand behind the car and pull the tail lamp towards you, but not too far as the wiring will still be attached to the tail lamp. The brown piece will stay in place. Hope this makes sense.
Got it!! Appreciate your help!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012
5POINTO

Humm, so the reverse bulbs aren't LED? Just the tail/brake/signal bulbs are LED?

Is the third brake light bulb LED?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Humm, so the reverse bulbs aren't LED? Just the tail/brake/signal bulbs are LED?

Is the third brake light bulb LED?
I didnt think any of our bulbs were LED ..... I remember hearing that a while back, but then they were like that was for the 13......

2012 Mustang GT Premium, MT-82, Kona Blue Metallic, Factory 3.73's
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012
5POINTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinton2003 View Post
I didnt think any of our bulbs were LED ..... I remember hearing that a while back, but then they were like that was for the 13......
No, that isn't true. The red tail/brake/signal bulbs are 100% LED's. Not sure about the brake light....but I THINK it is too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page