2011 5.0 gas pedal hesitation - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 5.0 gas pedal hesitation

I have a 2011 5.0 with 21,000, I have a massive gas pedal hesitation from a dead stop, when I ease into the gas pedal I can depress it almost a 1/2 inch down with no response then the car kicks in, A major saftey issue, car was back at dealer they said there was a bulletin out that the modual between the tranny and throttle had to be re-programmed, needless to say picked the car up and 3 days later it's doing it again, Also when I come to a dead stop it feels like the tranny is trying to catch up with a slight bang, Anybody Else having this problem?? car is going back again for the second time this week..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
PONY Member

It's called drive-by-wire. Totally normal. Nowhere do you mention if you have an auto or manual.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by 206 pilot View Post
I have a 2011 5.0 with 21,000, I have a massive gas pedal hesitation from a dead stop, when I ease into the gas pedal I can depress it almost a 1/2 inch down with no response then the car kicks in, A major saftey issue, car was back at dealer they said there was a bulletin out that the modual between the tranny and throttle had to be re-programmed, needless to say picked the car up and 3 days later it's doing it again, Also when I come to a dead stop it feels like the tranny is trying to catch up with a slight bang, Anybody Else having this problem?? car is going back again for the second time this week..
Hello 206 pilot,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I recommend you speak to your Ford dealer about this and have it diagnosed. Your service manager will be in the best position to assist you with this. Keep me posted on what happens.

Deysha

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Sounds like you have an auto transmission. What you are referring to is called, "throttle lag." All the 2011 to 2013 5.0 Mustangs with auto transmission have reported this. Ford will do nothing to help you. They will look and then tell you it is normal. In their defense, it is.

You can almost eliminate this by purchasing a tune for your vehicle. If you are concerned about potential warranty issues, you can get the ProCal Tune from Ford. This will fix your problem.

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT STYLE View Post
Sounds like you have an auto transmission. What you are referring to is called, "throttle lag." All the 2011 to 2013 5.0 Mustangs with auto transmission have reported this. Ford will do nothing to help you. They will look and then tell you it is normal. In their defense, it is.

You can almost eliminate this by purchasing a tune for your vehicle. If you are concerned about potential warranty issues, you can get the ProCal Tune from Ford. This will fix your problem.
I agree the only way to get rid of the stupid throttle lag, is to get a tune, or the FRPP tuner. The Ford Racing tuner, and air filter is about $369 your dealer should be able to get it for that price. Then have them install it for you, and you can keep your Warranty

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page