Supercharger part throttle surging/bucking - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Supercharger part throttle surging/bucking

Did a search and couldn't find much. Recently installed an Edelbrock TVS blower on my 2012 GT. At part throttle, there is some surging/bucking that almost feels like the car is loosing power for a split second, then getting it back, etc. Goes away at WOT or minimal throttle. Car otherwise drives fine, but the bucking can be very irritating.

Running the stock Edelbrock tune with no other power mods. Any ideas on where to start?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Who tuned your car? I would start there.

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by corruptor View Post
Running the stock Edelbrock tune with no other power mods. Any ideas on where to start?

That is where I would start. Contact Brenspeed or VMP for a super smooth TVS tune.

I should also point out the E-Force has a bypass valve meant to decrease drag on the engine at cuise which you may feel even with a perfect tune.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I can feel the bypass valve since the blower is pretty much on/off. Had been exchanging emails with Brenspeed but it didn't seem like they knew about or had a solution to the part throttle surge.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Procharger here. Walsh motorsports tuned. Runs like a clock.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corruptor View Post
I can feel the bypass valve since the blower is pretty much on/off. Had been exchanging emails with Brenspeed but it didn't seem like they knew about or had a solution to the part throttle surge.
Not sure who was getting your e-mail here but send me one directly to [email protected]

I have seen what you are feeling on the stock e-force calibration on the 5.0L. It is not likely your bypass valve. I think we can get you taken care of with our calibration.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page