2012 GT feels like running on 4 cylinders - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

2012 GT feels like running on 4 cylinders

I just drove home from the grocery store and when I started my GT, the motor felt like it was misfiring immediately. It completely stalled at one point and after I restarted, everything went back to normal. A bad smell emitted from the exhaust after the stall. Anyone experience this before? I plan on brining it in to the dealership this week.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013
Banned
4.6L Member

so they can tell you nothing is wrong with it? I think sometimes the EcU just has a fart...

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013
GT Member
Classic Member

What 2Many said!

1964.5 convertible and a 2012 Sterling Grey GT. 100 hp. and 412 hp. Go Bama, Roll Tide! 2015 National Champions! Clemson put up one heck of a fight!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013
PONY Member

Mine did that while driving to Christmas midnight service. It then threw a CEL. The code which I don't remember said that there is a air/fuel issue when comparing left and right banks. Im not tuned and never was. Took it to the dealer and the tech ran tests for a couple hours. Nothing. He turned it off and it has not been back yet in 150 miles. He said that most probably its the additives that are added to the fuel in winter even when the gas is top notch sometimes cause a little glitch with the sensors, and that many of the sensors in the motor act up during cold weather.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013
PONY Member

Mine cold starts normal. But warm starts it ALWAYS does that for a few seconds. I have to rev it a little to get it to smooth out. Dealer says this is a normal charactersitic. It's annoying and aggravating. And, as you pointed out, it smells like a bad catalytic converter.

2011 Mustang GT, Brembo Brakes, FRPP K Lowering Springs, Adjustable Panhard Bar, FRPP GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, 20x9 & 20x10.5 Gunmetal Forgestar F14 Wheels, 255/35/20 & 275/35/20 Toyo Proxes, Boss 302 Front Fascia/Splitter, Roush Rear Valance, Roush Qtr Window Louvers, GT500 Rear Spoiler.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks

Thanks for the quick responses.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
I just drove home from the grocery store and when I started my GT, the motor felt like it was misfiring immediately. It completely stalled at one point and after I restarted, everything went back to normal. A bad smell emitted from the exhaust after the stall. Anyone experience this before? I plan on brining it in to the dealership this week.
Hello Wolff,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I still recommend you bring your vehicles in to your Ford dealers for diagnosis. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page