Accufab 84.5mm Throttle Body Installed - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
Oh yeah definitely in the plans too..

Ill have one but it wont be until late feb or early march
Cool, but for now I want to see G mans. If it is working out the 84/85s are performing better than the 90s, then I would definetly consider doing it for those numbers. Because up to now, on any board with a stock 5.0, emission legal, is not posting anywhere near those numbers. Only cars with headers.

2012 Mustang GT, Born Feb 2012, Mods changing daily it seems...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarties View Post
Strange steeda up here in Canada is saying that the BBK 85mm is a better unit than the accufab because accufab as problem with leaks???? They are telling me to purchase the BBK unit.
Well im tuned with AED and i emailed Shaun before i bought any thing and he said that the Accufab is the one to have so that's what i bought. Didn't ask him reasons just took his advice and im pretty sure he knows a lot more than me about these cars so i didn't ask his reasoning. All he really said was stay away from the 90mm. I don't have any issues so far so i cant comment on the leaks that Steeda claims that these things get.

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
PONY Member

He also told me to purchase only the 85mm and not the 90mm.

Maybe the BBK and Accufab give me the same hp numbers. Hard to find dyno sheets comparision between the 2 units.

2012 Mustang 5.0: 4.10, Torsen T2R, Steeda CAI, Boss Intake manifold, JBA O/R Xpipe, Kooks shorty headers, Accel Super coil, BBK 90mm TB, Eibach sway bars, Eibach prokit springs, Steeda struts, Steeda camber plates, Steeda aluminium driveshaft, Steeda short shifter, Steeda adjustable LCA, Steeda adjustable UCA, 20in Enkei Razr, Falken FK452, Flowmaster American Thunder, Ford racing brake ducts, hawk pads, boss exterior mods, California spoiler

post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarties View Post
He also told me to purchase only the 85mm and not the 90mm.

Maybe the BBK and Accufab give me the same hp numbers. Hard to find dyno sheets comparision between the 2 units.
Yeah you think for such an expensive piece there would be more info available, funny though how one tuner recommends one and the other tuner recommends the other. Steeda was my first tune i had on my car and i loved it until i got re-tuned by AED. Car seems to run smoother and stronger now, But steeda is a great choice also for tuning and maybe they recommend the BBK cause that's what they sell on their site...who knows.

Blower and stuff

PONY Member

Steeda told me they can have both but did recommend me the BBK. They don't have any of the 2 models in stock. Don't know if the leaks are true. Anyway I don't think they will be a big difference in hp between the 2.

2012 Mustang 5.0: 4.10, Torsen T2R, Steeda CAI, Boss Intake manifold, JBA O/R Xpipe, Kooks shorty headers, Accel Super coil, BBK 90mm TB, Eibach sway bars, Eibach prokit springs, Steeda struts, Steeda camber plates, Steeda aluminium driveshaft, Steeda short shifter, Steeda adjustable LCA, Steeda adjustable UCA, 20in Enkei Razr, Falken FK452, Flowmaster American Thunder, Ford racing brake ducts, hawk pads, boss exterior mods, California spoiler
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Before and after accufab dyno graph. Picked up some nice gains up tp 5400 rpm. I'm still working on getting my Boss Intake installed and getting some new b4 and after dyno pulls so stay tuned.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp sae overlay2.bmp (980.1 KB, 612 views)

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
Before and after accufab dyno graph. Picked up some nice gains up tp 5400 rpm. I'm still working on getting my Boss Intake installed and getting some new b4 and after dyno pulls so stay tuned.
Ill be looking for it ,thanks

Blower and stuff

PONY Member

Quote:
ok I'm seeing 12 max both hp tq or less on the hp side.

PONY Member

Quote:
Back to back runs, right?

Does the power fall of after 5500 rpm vs. stock?
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghipera View Post
Back to back runs, right?

Does the power fall of after 5500 rpm vs. stock?
unfortunately not back to back, it was an overlay over my previous pull that had occurred a few weeks earlier under very similar weather conditions.

after 5400 rpms the power is about 1-2 hp more than the stock intake, which is where the Boss Intake should excel.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
PONY Member

So no back to back dyno results on the whole internet. WoW.
PONY Member

I'm not trying to make this a big deal or anything but I think a lot of people would be disappointed by the hype for $500.
I mean look, you've got headers, everything and with the exception on the high flow intake manifold. For $500 I want more than 12hp.
I do realize that mod are not one plus one equals 2. But I dont like things being hyped.
I do hope to see you pick up at least 10hp with the boss intake. good luck.

post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Whether a mod is worth it is all in the eye of the beholder. The same could be said for spending 500 dollars on an x or h pipe and get nothing but a different sound on a stock setup. At least with the TB you get the improved throttle response to go along with it no matter stock or not. Every mod is hyped so you will spend your money.

Blower and stuff

PONY Member

I like this mod, if it proves to gain at least 10 hp. Especially if its a mid-range gain. The other big plus, over other mods is that it doesn't require a tune and is easy to install. But I would like to see some independant testing, as i'm sure alot of others would as well.

I would like to see this tested on a bone-stock gt. Back to back dynos. W/o an intake or tune or boss mani, for a baseline test. Then add the mods and tunes and see if the gains, if any , hold or get better. Then f/i and test.
PONY Member

For a while I only had the JLT CAI, Stock manifold and Bama 93 Race tune. Few months ago a friend of mine ordered a BBK 85mm TB. We installed it first in my car and did a dyno test vs the baseline with JLT CAI and Bama 93.

BBK resulted in a tiny 6rwhp gain at high rpm. My baseline 391rwhp went up to 397rwhp after 6250rpm.

I just recently purchased an Accufab 85mm (I paid only $380 for a second hand unit with only 1000 miles in it) and a Boss 302 manifold (again second hand with 2000 miles for only $350). The Accufab is already installed on stock manifold but not dynoed yet. I will dyno once i install the boss manifold too.

What i can say is that Accufab is a way better built and incredibly sexy looking TB. The TB response is far superior than BBK. It really is almost like instant response from the engine. But the best way to install it is with a 3" to 4" step down coupler. It has a gigantic air intake opening that no standard CAI coupler will fit.

Honestly I'd still keep accufab even if it had provided no gains at all. The looks on a boss intake is amazing. The build quality makes your mouth water. The TB response is no way comparable to BBK. Driving is definitely more fun.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page