Accufab 84.5mm Throttle Body Installed - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
Whether a mod is worth it is all in the eye of the beholder. The same could be said for spending 500 dollars on an x or h pipe and get nothing but a different sound on a stock setup. At least with the TB you get the improved throttle response to go along with it no matter stock or not. Every mod is hyped so you will spend your money.
No doubt I do spend money on sound but going in I know that's all to expect, not 20hp/16fttq because no one is claiming that. It would appear that someone here is claiming huge gains for the TB.
Again, no wars - Just saying if it looks bad ass, gives you 6-10hp, that's great. Don't go claiming 20hp.

2012 Mustang GT, Born Feb 2012, Mods changing daily it seems...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Max View Post
No doubt I do spend money on sound but going in I know that's all to expect, not 20hp/16fttq because no one is claiming that. It would appear that someone here is claiming huge gains for the TB.
Again, no wars - Just saying if it looks bad ass, gives you 6-10hp, that's great. Don't go claiming 20hp.
I hear ya im not trying to start anything either , this thread is based solely on my personal experience and in a month or two i hope to have my own concrete evidence. But even if it dont produce as some advertise i like the throttle response it gave the car , there is literally no lag at all soon as you hit the pedal your getting fuel. And i think it does look bad ass with the boss mani cant wait to get mine.

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I'm not trying to make this a big deal or anything but I think a lot of people would be disappointed by the hype for $500.
I mean look, you've got headers, everything and with the exception on the high flow intake manifold. For $500 I want more than 12hp.
I do realize that mod are not one plus one equals 2. But I dont like things being hyped.
I do hope to see you pick up at least 10hp with the boss intake. good luck.
Quote:
I do stand behind those peak numbers I posted, not hype. Your trying to eyeball a jpeg vs me having access to the raw data and being able to play through the two runs and plot on a computer the EXACT difference between two points. Peak gains of 20rwtq and 15rwhp were plotted out on a computer, not me digging a number out my ass. Just sharing my experience not trying to over hype the mod.

I'm thinking I will pick up around 20hp with the boss IM and I'm ok with 10hp. Peak gains are cool but not my goal, What I am after is improve the situation where the stock intake starts falling on its face after about 6200 rpm and fix some of the dips around 5500. The boss intake should have the car still making power until I change gears around 7500 rpms vs it falling flat as it does today. quite frankly if I accomplish that without any peak gains I would be satisfied.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)

PONY Member

^ You'll be happy with your goals and expectations.

To tell the truth, even if you gained nothing as far as numbers go, you'd still pull off quicker ET's due to being in the peak power more shift after shift. It's been proven many times.

As for the TB...I think it's a great mod. You can relate it to headers, really. The bang for buck isn't all that great compared to other mods, but as a supporting mod, they work great.

Just make sure to keep us posted when you get it all sorted out.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
i HAVE BEEN READING THIS THREAD AND A ONEOTHER.. bOTH SAY THAT WITH A tb AND bOSS mANNY. THE HP RATINGS ARE REALLY GOOD MID-RANGE--sO, IF THE TB GETS IT UP TOO -MID RANGE AND THAN THE BOSS MANNY TAKES OVER, SHOULD WE NOT HAVE A COMBO THAT KICKS ASS ALL THE WAY? (SORRY FOR THE CAPS, I' NOT HOLLARING)

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by by9468840 View Post
For a while I only had the JLT CAI, Stock manifold and Bama 93 Race tune. Few months ago a friend of mine ordered a BBK 85mm TB. We installed it first in my car and did a dyno test vs the baseline with JLT CAI and Bama 93.

BBK resulted in a tiny 6rwhp gain at high rpm. My baseline 391rwhp went up to 397rwhp after 6250rpm.

I just recently purchased an Accufab 85mm (I paid only $380 for a second hand unit with only 1000 miles in it) and a Boss 302 manifold (again second hand with 2000 miles for only $350). The Accufab is already installed on stock manifold but not dynoed yet. I will dyno once i install the boss manifold too.

What i can say is that Accufab is a way better built and incredibly sexy looking TB. The TB response is far superior than BBK. It really is almost like instant response from the engine. But the best way to install it is with a 3" to 4" step down coupler. It has a gigantic air intake opening that no standard CAI coupler will fit.

Honestly I'd still keep accufab even if it had provided no gains at all. The looks on a boss intake is amazing. The build quality makes your mouth water. The TB response is no way comparable to BBK. Driving is definitely more fun.
That info is money in the bank imo. One member, two products tested = pretty accurate comparison....unless he has stock in accufab No, I don't think you do.

'12 GT Premium, Race Red, 6spd, Roush 575SC, JLT Oil Catch Can, MGW shifter, Eibach Pro springs, FRPP Jounce kit, Steeda Adj UCA, Shaftmasters Aluminum DS, J&M Adj Panhard, UPR PH Brace, J&M LCA's, Black C stripe, 1/4 louvers, Boss spoiler w fogs, 19" staggered Chrome GT500's, MGP Caliper covers, 7 bar AM Grill, rear camera
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Has anyone ever thought about just having the stock tb ported?

When I hear anything over 15hp/tq from tb, it kind of does make me question. Definitely not saying it can't be possible but I personally never seen a simple tb mod on a street setup make anything more than 15hp/tq and that's really up there. I played with handful of tb's in the past from LS1 to the latest LS3 mild setups and on average they are worth about 12hp/tq. The main purpose for tb mod was really for throttle response. If the accufab is anything like the vmax CNC ported tb we had on our LS engine then I can purely understand when you guys say almost instant response

Can't wait to see someone dyno one of these tb's with boss IM.

Sent from Universe X3 using my Thumb

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
DTL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post
Has anyone ever thought about just having the stock tb ported?
I've been wondering the exact same thing. I know there are (or at least used to be) a number of people porting LS throttle bodies with pretty decent success at a fraction of the cost of the aftermarket units.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL View Post
I've been wondering the exact same thing. I know there are (or at least used to be) a number of people porting LS throttle bodies with pretty decent success at a fraction of the cost of the aftermarket units.
They still do but now you have companies such as vmax that's only charging which I believe it was $250 when I had my 11 camaro for cnc porting that provide night and day difference. I'm sure this can be done with our coyote stock tb also. I guess a company such as vmax or another well known porter has to take some interest in this, or maybe an enthusiast like ourselves with some knowledge on this type of stuff with good porting skills can try it as a free time project? our stock tb is already 80mm so removing another 3-5mm or even more should be doable. I posted a pic of LS3 stock vs vmax CNC ported tb. Nothing has been altered other than the internal before the blade, but again, vmax is one heck of a porter.

Stock

Sent from Universe X3 using my Thumb

Ported

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
Apprentice

Instant throttle responce would be nice, I think im leaning towards this as my next performance mod after a little suspension work, like mentioned above its one of those two mods that its hard to determine which is a better buck per performance mod, plus I'm afraid headers would make the car a bit to load as my daily.

2012 Premium Kona Blue 5.0, 6MT: Manley built shortblock 11:1
Pypes longtubes O/R x / CF JLT / Boss manifold / Accufab 84.5mm TB / Shaftmaster aluminum ds / BBR LCA's / Steeda Tri-ax / Barton Bracket / Koni Yellows / Gt 500 front strut mount / Steeda Ultraliite springs / Hotchkis adj panhard bar

Tuned by Ken & Lund racing
PONY Member

I'm with the rest of the modding world, if I see back to back dyno runs showing anything over the normal statistical difference that occurs during dyno runs (<5hp) I'd jump on it. Espececially anything that improves low-mid rang torque.
Let's see those slips fellas.

2012 Mustang GT, Born Feb 2012, Mods changing daily it seems...
Apprentice

just pulled the trigger on the 84.5 accufab. Hope its a worthwile mod, will try and a get a before and after dyno since im gonna go get dyno tuned soon.

I know im gonna love the snapped throttle response. though i shouldve saved for a new set of brakes.

Pypes longtubes O/R x / CF JLT / Boss manifold / Accufab 84.5mm TB / Shaftmaster aluminum ds / BBR LCA's / Steeda Tri-ax / Barton Bracket / Koni Yellows / Gt 500 front strut mount / Steeda Ultraliite springs / Hotchkis adj panhard bar

PONY Member

I am going to dyno Boss manifold and Accufab 85mm TB this weekend. I hope i can convince the dyno operator to let me test the stock TB too. My latest numbers with Accufab TB and Stock manifold with JLT intake were : 397 rwhp / 371 rwtorque

I will run the test on the same dyno.
Apprentice

Does anyone know if i have to purchase any certain coupler to extend to the boss manifold, in order to run the accufab tb? I just have the stock 3'' one from JLT i think.

post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordFustangg View Post
Does anyone know if i have to purchase any certain coupler to extend to the boss manifold, in order to run the accufab tb? I just have the stock 3'' one from JLT i think.
I used this one with my AirRaid and it should work for you. You just have to trim about a 1/2" on top to 0 on the bottom to get it to slide on all the way but it worked great

Universal 4.0&#39;&#39; Black Straight Turbo Intercooler Intake Piping 4-ply Silicone Hose Kit 3.0&#39;&#39; Length : Amazon.com : Automotive

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page