AED Tune = Best mod of all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
Looking good Burke. Throw some LT's and a good tuner into the mix and lose nothing down low. Been rolling with my Boss IM going on two weeks and its been a win win win. Performance, MPG's, and lower RPM's at cruising speeds.

dyno pull after boss

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dyno-t.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	193969   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	510
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	193977  

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
Looking good Burke. Throw some LT's and a good tuner into the mix and lose nothing down low. Been rolling with my Boss IM going on two weeks and its been a win win win. Performance, MPG's, and lower RPM's at cruising speeds.

dyno pull after boss
Thanks Gmann, Nice Numbers!!! i wanted to go long tubes but i think my next mod will be a One Piece in a couple months and ill be saving for the rest of the year for a Paxton Kit. Im going to skip the long tubes i only really want about 55-575 whp when im finished i want to stay on the safe side when pushing the coyote, theres a good shop about an hour and a half away from me that can give me a good safe dyno tune for the NOVI . I know guys have more WHP than that but i want this engine to be able to take an occasional beating and have a long life. Then theres the Axelback battle again that comes with the LT. My setup is borderline too loud now and am considering selling or trading the Sports for some off the touring model FRPP or Borlas. I like the Steeda Axelbacks too i may consider them or buy them

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all

GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
and lower RPM's at cruising speeds.
So installing a Boss manifold lowered your RPM at cruising speed? Alrighty then....

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sohc View Post
So installing a Boss manifold lowered your RPM at cruising speed? Alrighty then....
Engine is not working as hard to hold 70 mph, rpm's are down at 70 75 80 is a characteristic I have observed post Boss. If its just me than me and not the boss then hats off to my tuner, freakin nailed it and he has his dyno dialed in. Car is also quieter and drones eliminated I keep winning with this boss install. Its jumping to the top of my favorite mod list.

12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
Grimace427

Quote:
Engine is not working as hard to hold 70 mph, rpm's are down at 70 75 80 is a characteristic I have observed post Boss. If its just me than me and not the boss then hats off to my tuner, freakin nailed it and he has his dyno dialed in. Car is also quieter and drones eliminated I keep winning with this boss install. Its jumping to the top of my favorite mod list.

What he was referring to is the fact that you have a manual transmission so vehicle speed will equal a specific RPM regardless of the mods you have unless you change gears or tire sizes. The fact that you have a new intake manifold will not alter RPMs in any way.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
What he was referring to is the fact that you have a manual transmission so vehicle speed will equal a specific RPM regardless of the mods you have unless you change gears or tire sizes. The fact that you have a new intake manifold will not alter RPMs in any way.
Thanks for the explanation Grimace! Much appreciated. I'm just digging and enjoying the mods combined as a whole. Replacing RPM win with a better looking win
Where are the 2013 setup numbers???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine bay1.JPG
Views:	641
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	194521  

12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
Rookie

i have a 12 boss 302 thats stock right now i do have some mods just sitting a roush ab,accufab tb, jlt intake and scx3 tuner.
i waiting on getting my tunes to run my mods but do i need a tune to run the accufab tb?
Rookie

can anyone help out??? thx
GT Member

I would not recommend running your car with any engine air or fuel modifications without having the proper tune to be safe. Don't take chances with a Boss 302. Be patient and do it correctly.

From what I remember is that there is no advantage to installing that throttle body. But that is just my opinion from what I read a few years back when I was planning modifications.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page