Accufab 84.5mm Throttle Body Installed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Accufab 84.5mm Throttle Body Installed

This is simply my take......Well i didn't know what to expect other than you have half the people telling you its not worth it and half the people telling you it is. Let me just say this i plan on adding a Boss Intake here in the next month or two so honestly that is why i bought it. This is what i think. First off i have an Air Raid CAI and it was a pain in the ass to get the rubber coupling on the TB so i did it backwards. I stretched it as much as i could and with a little elbow grease everything fits all tight like it is supposed to. the bigger end of the coupling fit the TB perfectly so i installed that side on the TB itself. Now to the good part, Throttle response is almost instantaneous driveability just went up another notch and there's a definitely more there in the mid-range butt dyno confirms and feels it pulling harder from 3000 all the way to 7000rpm. Is it worth the price for admission ,i would say yes absolutely here's some pics i snapped off before and after. Just seems like it wants to go even more now cant wait to get the intake now.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Looks good

Seriously considering this as my next purchase.

2011 base 5.0 6mt, 3.73, ingot silver, magnaflo competition catback, upr off road x pipe, Boss intake, Barton shift bracket, j&m lower control arms,Shaftmasters one-piece ds, bmr core support/sway bar delete, jlt coldair, bama 91 race tune, nitto nt555 255/45-18. Best Et's:
Street tire: [email protected] 2.02 60ft
Slicks: [email protected] 1.62 60ft
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j chaney View Post
Looks good

Seriously considering this as my next purchase.
Seems like throttle response is getting sharper the more i drive it and crank it up, this is my opinion but i think that in itself makes it worth it. now if this translates to the dyno or the track i dont know all i know is my car and i definitely feel the difference. Shaun with AED recommended i get this one over the less expensive BBK and did not recommend a 90mm that would need a tune and he says would have driveability issues

Blower and stuff

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
Seems like throttle response is getting sharper the more i drive it and crank it up, this is my opinion but i think that in itself makes it worth it. now if this translates to the dyno or the track i dont know all i know is my car and i definitely feel the difference. Shaun with AED recommended i get this one over the less expensive BBK and did not recommend a 90mm that would need a tune and he says would have driveability issues
Thanks for the info, its hard not to just get the bbk because of the savings. Im gonna have to stop being a tight ass and spend a little extra for a better part lol. Did Shaun say why the accufab is a better unit?

2011 base 5.0 6mt, 3.73, ingot silver, magnaflo competition catback, upr off road x pipe, Boss intake, Barton shift bracket, j&m lower control arms,Shaftmasters one-piece ds, bmr core support/sway bar delete, jlt coldair, bama 91 race tune, nitto nt555 255/45-18. Best Et's:
Street tire: [email protected] 2.02 60ft
Slicks: [email protected] 1.62 60ft
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j chaney View Post
Thanks for the info, its hard not to just get the bbk because of the savings. Im gonna have to stop being a tight ass and spend a little extra for a better part lol. Did Shaun say why the accufab is a better unit?
He didnt say specifically but i didnt ask just folowing his instructions. I got it on Stage3 Motorsports and they had a 5% holiday discount going on so it was 512.00. I just figured the same and 60-75 bucks more for a better part i figured wasn't that bad. this is his words from the E-mail.

"Boss is proven to be a nice upgrade. I'm not sold on the Cobra Jet at this point. Also skip the 90MM TB, it'll have more drivability issues than an 85, and I'd go for the Accufab 85."

Blower and stuff

post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice write up Burke, I'm on the side of those that like it. I have one and picked up 20rwtq and 15rwhp across the curve up to 5400 rpms. I have the JLT cf CAI and had to go with a step down hose unfortunately. Throttle response was very noticeable after this mod and my dyno pull backs up my butt dyno. Not worth it for me to swap out CAI's at this stage in my game but if I were starting from scratch I would go with the air raid. Would have been pretty darn interesting had you done a b4 and after dyno pull.

I'm sitting on a boss intake and my install kit from Late Model Restoration should be here any day now. I'll be getting an oil change this Sat and perhaps as early as next sat I could have my boss intake installed. I worked out what I thought was a pretty decent deal on the install. I get a b4 dyno pull, have the boss intake installed, and then get a custom tune for it which of course will provide me with a after install dyno pull for $200.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
Nice write up Burke, I'm on the side of those that like it. I have one and picked up 20rwtq and 15rwhp across the curve up to 5400 rpms. I have the JLT cf CAI and had to go with a step down hose unfortunately. Throttle response was very noticeable after this mod and my dyno pull backs up my butt dyno. Not worth it for me to swap out CAI's at this stage in my game but if I were starting from scratch I would go with the air raid. Would have been pretty darn interesting had you done a b4 and after dyno pull.

I'm sitting on a boss intake and my install kit from Late Model Restoration should be here any day now. I'll be getting an oil change this Sat and perhaps as early as next sat I could have my boss intake installed. I worked out what I thought was a pretty decent deal on the install. I get a b4 dyno pull, have the boss intake installed, and then get a custom tune for it which of course will provide me with a after install dyno pull for $200.
Thanks, well when i get my Boss and Drive shaft next month im bringing it back to the dyno and gonna see if they will let me change out the TB to the stock one for back to back pulls just for curiosities sake. But like i said just the improved throttle response is worth it. Let us know how your dyno session turns out i would like to see that ,seems like a good price for what you're getting there

Blower and stuff

post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013
PONY Member

Has anybody ran one on the stock tune?
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

So been searching for some evidence of this part and looks like it works well with the Boss Intake , cant wait to get mine now

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

Blower and stuff

Grimace427

Quote:
So been searching for some evidence of this part and looks like it works well with the Boss Intake , cant wait to get mine now

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

That is pretty much the first and only test showing any significant gains with a throttle body that I have seen. I link to it often but every other test I have seen were purely subjective(butt-dyno).
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
That is pretty much the first and only test showing any significant gains with a throttle body that I have seen. I link to it often but every other test I have seen were purely subjective(butt-dyno).
Yeah thats the only results i could find , i guess ill get my day in the sun here in the near future. Had some things come up so the Boss Manifold and the Drive shaft will probably be the only mods i do this year. Unless things change looks like the forced induction will have to wait a little longer than i expected. Oh well that's life.

Blower and stuff

Grimace427

Quote:
Yeah thats the only results i could find , i guess ill get my day in the sun here in the near future. Had some things come up so the Boss Manifold and the Drive shaft will probably be the only mods i do this year. Unless things change looks like the forced induction will have to wait a little longer than i expected. Oh well that's life.

Make sure you have a few bucks left over to do a before/after dyno blast.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post

Those are the biggest numbers I've seen. I'd love to see the dyno graph.

2012 Mustang GT, Born Feb 2012, Mods changing daily it seems...
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Make sure you have a few bucks left over to do a before/after dyno blast.
Oh yeah definitely in the plans too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Max View Post
Those are the biggest numbers I've seen. I'd love to see the dyno graph.
Ill have one but it wont be until late feb or early march

Blower and stuff

PONY Member

Strange steeda up here in Canada is saying that the BBK 85mm is a better unit than the accufab because accufab as problem with leaks???? They are telling me to purchase the BBK unit.

2012 Mustang 5.0: 4.10, Torsen T2R, Steeda CAI, Boss Intake manifold, JBA O/R Xpipe, Kooks shorty headers, Accel Super coil, BBK 90mm TB, Eibach sway bars, Eibach prokit springs, Steeda struts, Steeda camber plates, Steeda aluminium driveshaft, Steeda short shifter, Steeda adjustable LCA, Steeda adjustable UCA, 20in Enkei Razr, Falken FK452, Flowmaster American Thunder, Ford racing brake ducts, hawk pads, boss exterior mods, California spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page