Boss Intake Installed, Pics, Videos and Dyno results - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Burke...You're just kiddin right...

'14 GT Premium Race Red...6spd manual...3.73's...Steeda A/B's...Steeda CAI...Steeda Gus dialed in tune...Forgestar CF5's + Dark Stars out back...Nitto NT555R's...many more mods on the way...

(Sold) '11 GT Kona Blue...6spd manual...3.31's...Steeda CAI...Steeda Gus tune...Lethal O/R X...Corsa Sport A/B's...Enkei PF01's...etc etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FivePointOmg View Post
Burke...You're just kiddin right...
kidding about what ?

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
PONY Member

There is no way the car would pull "440ish and 375ish on a dynojet." That torque #, btw.. is close to stock. Mine made 389 HP 380 torque on a dynojet stock.

Maybe I'm misinformed.. but is that even possible? 412 seems more like it.. maybe.. maybe approaches 420.. but that would be a whole lot of gain. A 2012 GT 500 makes about 440 -+ on a dyno, btw.

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
There is no way the car would pull "440ish and 375ish on a dynojet."

Maybe I'm misinformed.. but is that even possible? 412 seems more like it.. maybe.. maybe approaches 420.. but that would be a whole lot of gain. A 2012 GT 500 makes about 440 -+ on a dyno, btw.
That was an estimation based once again on "calculations"Steeda claims 424 whp with the boss intake and cai and tune on a dyno jet so why wouldn't it be possible

http://www.steeda.com/store/mustang-...-manifold.html

Blower and stuff

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
That was an estimation based once again on "calculations"Steeda claims 424 whp with the boss intake and cai and tune on a dyno jet so why wouldn't it be possible

Ford Racing Boss 302R Intake Manifold | 2012 Boss Mustang Intake Manifold | M-9424-M50BR
Nevermind.. my brain is malfunctioning today My torque was around 372.

And.. it is possible to reach that high. Sorry.. like I said.. my brain isnt working.

It would have been better for sure with a 5th gear pull. How low was his MPH limit? Seems strange that it couldnt handle your speed.. thats what a dyno is for!

If seen 4th vs 5th gear pulls have a 10-15 HP difference.. with 5th getting the higher number.

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

This was my dyno run on a dyno jet when all i had was a cai and steeda tune and stock exhaust aside from GT 500 mufflers. Blue was a 4th gear pull and red was a 5th gear pull

[IMG][/IMG]

Blower and stuff

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
Nevermind.. my brain is malfunctioning today My torque was around 372.

And.. it is possible to reach that high. Sorry.. like I said.. my brain isnt working.

It would have been better for sure with a 5th gear pull. How low was his MPH limit? Seems strange that it couldnt handle your speed.. thats what a dyno is for!

If seen 4th vs 5th gear pulls have a 10-15 HP difference.. with 5th getting the higher number.
I didnt ask but he had it up to 165 and said he didn't wanna go over that when he was calibrating it . That was another reason i wanted a dyno jet was the 200 mph limit. Im putting gears in and im gonna put it on the same dyno i had it on the first time in a month or two thats really what i should have done in the first place. With my work schedule i couldnt get it in in time before i left for work again and the guy on the phone said they had a dyno jet , i guess i should have asked to talk to the tuner when i made the appointment

Blower and stuff

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
kidding about what ?
About you having 8-10mph more with the Boss manifold and new tune while still having exact same gearing and rev limit.

'14 GT Premium Race Red...6spd manual...3.73's...Steeda A/B's...Steeda CAI...Steeda Gus dialed in tune...Forgestar CF5's + Dark Stars out back...Nitto NT555R's...many more mods on the way...

(Sold) '11 GT Kona Blue...6spd manual...3.31's...Steeda CAI...Steeda Gus tune...Lethal O/R X...Corsa Sport A/B's...Enkei PF01's...etc etc
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FivePointOmg View Post
About you having 8-10mph more with the Boss manifold and new tune while still having exact same gearing and rev limit.
Well thats why i did a video of both , the proof is there whether anyone chooses to believe it or not that is up to them.

Blower and stuff

Apprentice

you did not shift at the same rpm. I have a 3.31 car and so do you. Trust me the reason why you picked up mph in each gear is cause you reved it higher with the boss on.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laloosh View Post
you did not shift at the same rpm. I have a 3.31 car and so do you. Trust me the reason why you picked up mph in each gear is cause you reved it higher with the boss on.
Ok i believe everyone here , it was all in my head ...no offense to you but im done talking about it , i was there i made the videos i know where i shifted and what Rpm i was at. I was just passing along my experience with this install and dyno session. My brother has a 5.0 with basically the same mods as me and only difference is the manifold and Tb , he has the same gears as me . Im going to run him tomorrow from a 60 roll and get more real world results for everyone to say it was all in my head too because there's no way my car could be faster than his because of a manifold.

Blower and stuff

Apprentice

Think rationally before people start thinking you are clueless. Don't take that the wrong way btw.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laloosh View Post
Think rationally before people start thinking you are clueless. Don't take that the wrong way btw.
I was as surprised as anyone else but like i said im done discussing that aspect of this install.

Blower and stuff

SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

The difference is in the rev limiter bub.

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf stang View Post
The difference is in the rev limiter bub.
you're right it was

Blower and stuff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page