Whats a Ford Dealership going to charge to install a Roush Supercharger - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin11 View Post
I had the 575hp phase 1 installed three weeks ago by Gary Yeomans Ford in Daytona Beach Fl and the labor was about $900.00. Of course there are a few disposal fees and a gal of antifreez was needed.

John
How're u liking the extra power? That blower looks right at home!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwardspiral View Post
Look into the warranty before you spend all this money on it.. I think it shortens your drivetrain warranty to a year or something. I'd bank the $1000+ and save for an mmr shotblock, but thats just me.
It's still 3yr/36k miles but it's from the original in-service date of the vehicle...so I'm only looking at about 2yr/29K. I'm leaning that way downwardspiral!

Oddly, AmericanMuscle isn't offering the 575HP package and it doesn't sound like they're going to either :?: Something up between them and Roush?????

'12 GT Premium, Race Red, 6spd, Roush 575SC, JLT Oil Catch Can, MGW shifter, Eibach Pro springs, FRPP Jounce kit, Steeda Adj UCA, Shaftmasters Aluminum DS, J&M Adj Panhard, UPR PH Brace, J&M LCA's, Black C stripe, 1/4 louvers, Boss spoiler w fogs, 19" staggered Chrome GT500's, MGP Caliper covers, 7 bar AM Grill, rear camera

Last edited by beviking; 03-19-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: finish post
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Not many authorized dealers here in Wis so I took mine right to Roush. Ten hour dirve but spent most of the week out there. Great tour of their facility, several times. Lots of places to visit. It ran me $2000 but that was to change out and install a forged short block. They also installed a HD clutch and upgraded the front sway bar. I had them put some new 275 Cooper RS3 tires on at the time, discounted. If you got a good trusted place like American Muscle near go for it. This was for my '07' but same difference, great power increase.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Sounds great Dave! Found out that American Muscle doesn't work on customer vehicles. Or maybe I'm just too much of a pita that they don't want to deal with ME! :hihi: I thought they dyno-tuned rides. Maybe they do and customer service was just answering my specific question pertaining to superchargers. Had to do with liability so I'm guessing they won't do installs of parts.

'12 GT Premium, Race Red, 6spd, Roush 575SC, JLT Oil Catch Can, MGW shifter, Eibach Pro springs, FRPP Jounce kit, Steeda Adj UCA, Shaftmasters Aluminum DS, J&M Adj Panhard, UPR PH Brace, J&M LCA's, Black C stripe, 1/4 louvers, Boss spoiler w fogs, 19" staggered Chrome GT500's, MGP Caliper covers, 7 bar AM Grill, rear camera
Apprentice

How many hours is the install taking?

2012 Black GT Convertible. Stock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgoins View Post
How're u liking the extra power? That blower looks right at home!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I love it, tires don't. Roush's latest tune is actually very good which is contrary to some of the negative post Ive read on some other forums. The throttle response is way better than the factory tune in and out of boost and when I went to the NMRA in Bradenton gas mileage was almost 24mpg running 75 mph. I'm learning the cars power all over again. Having the dealer do the install gets me the remainder of my 36/36 warranty too.
After the warranty is gone I may get it retuned by VMP

2011 5.0 GT Premium,Sterling Gray Metallic , Roush TVS 2300 575HP Phase 1 Supercharger, Autometer Vac/Boost gauge, M-6, Brembo 55D Option 3.73,Redline hood struts, Build Date 11/1
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredR View Post
How many hours is the install taking?
Roush said 10hrs, day and a half.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beviking View Post
Sounds great Dave! Found out that American Muscle doesn't work on customer vehicles. Or maybe I'm just too much of a pita that they don't want to deal with ME! :hihi: I thought they dyno-tuned rides. Maybe they do and customer service was just answering my specific question pertaining to superchargers. Had to do with liability so I'm guessing they won't do installs of parts.
I don't think AM is a real tuning shop, perse. They're more of an online parts retailer than a bonafide shop. I'm not at all surprised that they don't install parts.

You don't care when my car was built or what options it has.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

A Ford dealership in houston told me it'll take them a week and $2000 to install a Roush TVS
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Another one that is very familiar with the TVS installation is Brenspeed. Think they are well reccomended also.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
GT Member

The reason why they charge so much is because of the warranty that remains in effect for roush supercharges!

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Another one that is very familiar with the TVS installation is Brenspeed. Think they are well reccomended also.
Dave
Been talking (emailing) with Brenspeed. Super helpful and responsive! Roush has also been great with responding to questions!

I would LOVE to drive out to check out Brenspeeds facility! They even have a guest house for out of town customers? That's taking things seriously in my opinion. Unfortunately I'm stretching my budget already for the supercharger so I'm probably going to be doing the install myself. There goes the warranty, so why not go for the 650R package from Brenspeed right !?!:kooky:

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Totally understand that thing called "Budget". That's the problem anytime adding Hp. If you do it yourself, you are going to have periods of frustation and such. I know some have said they have installed SC'r before but maybe not the new breed. Not familar with the Roush instructions at all but usually good to a point, good support at their end. Ever walk into a room filled with 100 Blowers waiting to be blueprinted? Ran in to that at the Roush visit. Have fun, you will enjoy it no matter who installs it.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger

Quote:
Been talking (emailing) with Brenspeed. Super helpful and responsive! Roush has also been great with responding to questions!

I would LOVE to drive out to check out Brenspeeds facility! They even have a guest house for out of town customers? That's taking things seriously in my opinion. Unfortunately I'm stretching my budget already for the supercharger so I'm probably going to be doing the install myself. There goes the warranty, so why not go for the 650R package from Brenspeed right !?!:kooky:
Thanks for the kind words! Yes the guest house works out great for out of state customers or even locals needing a place to stay to save a couple hour drive. Also our install is 1 day.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenspeed View Post
...Also our install is 1 day.
Crack that whip!

Is there a fee for staying in the guest house?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page