Rear suspension loud squeak please help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Rear suspension loud squeak please help

Hey guys,
My 2012 GT has developed a significant squeak any time I go over the slightest bump or crack in the road. Doesn't help even if I slow down. My question is what do you guys think this is? Is it the rear bushings? Just would like some direction when I take it in to the dealer so they don't have to take forever looking at it. Was thinking about getting the ford racing suspension set up from CJ pony parts or american muscle, the complete Ford Racing Handling Pack. Would this fix the problem? This is however very expensive, would just new bushings fix the problem? Or is it something else, I know no one can diagnose it without seeing/hearing it but ideas would be great! Thanks everyone in advance!

2012 Mustang GT Premium - Premier Trim with Grabber Blue accents - Electronics Package - Accessory Pack 4 - Add on Brembo strut tower brace - Borla S-type axle backs - DG custom quarter scoops - GT 500 SVT stripes - Hood Lift kit Redline Tuning - Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Gauge Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013
PONY Member

Most likely its the rear sway bar bushing links and maybe the rear sway bar mounts . This is common on some of these cars up front .

names Alex
2013 premium GT race red, order 3/23/12 ,doa 5/3/12
roush axle backs,pypes x pipe,resonator deletes, jlt oil catch can,20% tint, sr pc blk strut tower bar, painted engine bay and airaid cai, 93R] Bama tune, full roush splitters,cs rear diffuser,stillen gen 1 chin splitter, am black billet hidden fog light grille.Ford p springs, koni Orange struts, shocks, gt500 mounts, eibach sways, umi lca+reloc brak, 19x9.5 sve pc gloss blk wheels, cooper ra3 275/40/19 tires
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013
Apprentice

Mine did it and I loosened the rear control arms and retorqued them twice and it went away. I sure hope it doesn't come back after I install my panhard bar.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013
PONY Member

Simply jack the rear end of the vehicle if you cannot fit under it the way it is. Put the axle stands under the axle housing. Get a friend to jounce and rebound the suspension. If the noise is happening that often and that easily it should be simple to pinpoint where it is coming from with your head under it.

This way there is no guessing games.

Although when you play guessing games this gives you the oppourtunity to replace unneeded suspension parts and the wife believes your just trying to fix something that is broken....

Maybe use my suggestion, find out where its coming from, fix that. Tell the wife you need to tub out the trunk and put all adjustable suspension components in. Maybe some mickey thompson drag radials will also assist in the squeak?? And when the squeak is gone after all that she will believe your a hero.... Win win??

Rice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2012 gt , bushing , noise , rear suspension , squeak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page