Squeaking Rear Right While Accelerating
My stock 2012 GT squeaks from time to time when I'm accelerating. Here's what I've narrowed down so far:
1) Once I let up off the gas, the sound stops.
2) It's definitely the rear right side.
3) It also makes the sound when I go over a stretch of bumpy road, but not when I go over one bump.
4) It does it more in cooler weather (40-60 degrees F) than in warmer weather (60+).
5) The sound magically didn't exist when I had my mechanic ride along but it still makes the sound with my girlfriend in the car.
6) There's definitely a joke to be found in #5 :hihi:
I'm not sure if anyone else had this issue but I wanted to check in the forum before I actually spent money to have my mechanic use the lift to take a look. It sounds like a suspension issue to me but I'm no expert. Are there any DIY things I can check before I take it to the mechanic? Thanks in advance for the help.
'12 Candy Red Metallic GT (Roxanne):
Current - 3.31 gears, SR Performance strut tower brace, Koni orange shocks & struts, Whiteline panhard bar, Steeda Sport springs, BMR rear LCAs, JLT CAI, 93 octane tune, Barton shifter bracket, Raxiom projector headlights, Exedy Stage 3 clutch, Exedy lightweight flywheel, McLeod clutch cable, MBRP Installer axle-backs
Coming soon - ???
Coming eventually - more suspension upgrades (front LCAs, rear UCAs, front and rear sway bars), maybe a turbo?