Any hack for digi speedo yet ? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by staymates788 View Post
Exactly. I like a clean car free of "clutter".
If you don't mind not seeing the lower two gauges in the middle of the cluster there is nothing under that plastic piece on the surround and seems a mount could easily be fitted that would put an ipod touch or iphone horizontally right in the middle above the column.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

J Orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke View Post
If you don't mind not seeing the lower two gauges in the middle of the cluster there is nothing under that plastic piece on the surround and seems a mount could easily be fitted that would put an ipod touch or iphone horizontally right in the middle above the column.
Yeah I tried that, I even cut down a piece of flat plastic to get a better surface to grip but it just won't hold there as well as it does on the windshield.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Easy to read on the fly, the speedo is not the clearest in between the numbers at a quick glance. Also some might have part of the speedo blocked by the steering wheel depending on how things are adjusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 pt oh View Post
As 5POINTO said, it's easy to just glance at a number rather than the fat needle the mustangs have today.

This ain't 1986 bud...
Quote:
Originally Posted by staymates788 View Post
Because getting pulled over for doing 56 when you honestly thought 52 is not fun. The retro gauges are cool to look at but lack the precision some desire.

Don't get me wrong Ford, I love how the gauges are done. Just an option for a little more precision would be nice to have.
Hmm. I didn't realize I was missing out. I just look at the speedometer needle when I need to see how fast I'm going.

2012 P8C, HP, 300A, 55D, 457

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Hmm. I didn't realize I was missing out. I just look at the speedometer needle when I need to see how fast I'm going.
You're missing the whole point guy. The needle in our mustangs are too wide, meaning its difficult to tell exact speed, especially when trying to just take a glance. I have to look a few times to check and look from a straight forward angle. Very annoying. It would be NICE to have something to glance at and get exact numbers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd manual transmission-BBK Longtube headers-BBK O/R X- Borla S Type mufflers- Dolce DC34 Matte Black wheels - 255/35/20 Nexen N3000 all around.
Raxiom halos, all lights smoked, louvers, Tuned by Lund Racing
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
:laughlitt Thats just what I need....Not... As I can barely keep my eyes from looking at the 4.2' LCD Track-Aps screen plus the Nav. screen (That I was dumb enough to buy "Lock-Pick" for) as when my Daughter keeps changing between the Rear view Camera and whatever DVD Movie that she loads into the Nav. system when Im not looking...
Its all I can take to not go off the road into the weeds:laughlitt
With all that info and those gauges that come with that App.....I would probably have a freakin seizure:kooky: ......No I could not handle it.....

Sean
hahaha, I'm with you on this Sean, less is more for me as well... looking at my analog speedo is enough to see my speed. I was just pointing out pretty much any windshield mounted Garmin GPS has these speed related features.
My ride lacks a built in GPS, so this setup works for me, and I only mount it when I'm not sure where a location is, most times I don't even bother looking at the unit, I just go by the voice prompts ...less distraction

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 pt oh View Post
You're missing the whole point guy. The needle in our mustangs are too wide, meaning its difficult to tell exact speed, especially when trying to just take a glance. I have to look a few times to check and look from a straight forward angle. Very annoying. It would be NICE to have something to glance at and get exact numbers.
Obviously I'm in the minority here, so maybe in addition to the two speedometers, you could also get a GPS, an onboard K-band radar, and one of those fifth wheel deals like they use in the Motor Trend tests. Of course have all the devices calibrated and certified by your local DPS, then have a passenger constantly monitoring and averaging the speeds for ultimate accuracy. Then, and only then, you'll be able to tell when you are going six-over.

2012 P8C, HP, 300A, 55D, 457
GT Member

I find the speedo works great. Here in AZ they give 11 over before they take interest. On the 65 zones I keep it around 70 and I am getting blown away as people around me are at least 80 or better. So the thick needle isn't so bad. If I travel to another state I will use a GPS unit.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
PONY Member

Quote:
Obviously I'm in the minority here, so maybe in addition to the two speedometers, you could also get a GPS, an onboard K-band radar, and one of those fifth wheel deals like they use in the Motor Trend tests. Of course have all the devices calibrated and certified by your local DPS, then have a passenger constantly monitoring and averaging the speeds for ultimate accuracy. Then, and only then, you'll be able to tell when you are going six-over.
Haha, I have a radar detector actually. But it's not about all that, it's just the ease if it being built in to a car, and not having a GPS in my face

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd manual transmission-BBK Longtube headers-BBK O/R X- Borla S Type mufflers- Dolce DC34 Matte Black wheels - 255/35/20 Nexen N3000 all around.
PONY Member

Kinda like a HUD:

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
PONY Member

Quote:
Also, when I drive with my right hand (I have a manual) my forearm blocks the speedo sometimes. Would've easy to glance at a different place like under the RPMs.

Rookie

Bring the tread back from the dead. I would love it if someone was able to put a digital speedo in the LCD screen between the gauges. I dont need it, but I want it and would pay for it.

I have factory Nav and used to have a cheap GPS in my old car that showed the digital speed. My wifes car had HUD, i thought that was stupid, but now I love it.

I dont want a add on or phone app, I want it in the dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page