Another bama bomb - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Is there some reason you don't want to raise your octane one time as a simple test? If you put some 100 octane racing unleaded in it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get detonation. If you still have the noise then you'll know it's something else. If the noise is eliminated you'll know it was pinging.

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
Last post on this.
Logging for a different tuner. E mailed them and had a response in less than an hour with all the parameters need to write me a tune. I can't afford to "wait" as this is my only vehicle. All I was attempting to do was get info on weather or not my car is ok to drive as its my ONLY means of transportation. I understand ppl are busy and so am I. Infancy I have to work 5 12hr shifts and 2 8hr shifts from today to Sunday. I have to make sure that not only does my car run GOOD and perform as it should but also the drivability is ok and that the the said tune won't have ill effects on my NEW car! If that means forking out 250$ then so be it. Thanks for the info. Learned A LOT

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Are you giving up on Bama David? I have been waiting for my revised nitrous tune from Ryan since the middle of last week. He told me that he would have something for me by last Friday or today at the latest. I just checked before making this post and still haven't received anything. I know those guys are extremely busy and I don't mind waiting, just as long as the popping issue that I have been experiencing on the nitrous tune during deceleration is gone. This will be my third nitrous tune from them. With my fingers crossed, I sure do hope they get me straightened out this time. My car isn't my daily driver, but I can certainly understand your need to get your car up and running ASAP. Good luck to you.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
Last post on this.
I have to make sure that not only does my car run GOOD and perform as it should but also the drivability is ok and that the the said tune won't have ill effects on my NEW car! If that means forking out 250$ then so be it. Thanks for the info. Learned A LOT
Surely you must be kidding???? You had a perfect car for reliable transportation and you have turned it into a "science experiment" to achieve some objective that has never been clearly articulated

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Surely you must be kidding???? You had a perfect car for reliable transportation and you have turned it into a "science experiment" to achieve some objective that has never been clearly articulated
I have always experimented on my daily drivers as well. I can hitch a ride to work if I have to.

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sohc View Post
Is there some reason you don't want to raise your octane one time as a simple test? If you put some 100 octane racing unleaded in it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get detonation. If you still have the noise then you'll know it's something else. If the noise is eliminated you'll know it was pinging.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This Is What You Need To Do! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sean
post #141 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

As I stated before. It should NOT be this difficult as I only have a cold air and deleted cats! It's NOT an experiment! It's a daily driver with a few frickin bolt ons! I know ppl that daily turbo and supercharged cars every day! So no! The mods I have are even done to gain MPG all the frickin time! It's one of the first mods most ppl do to there mustangs! Or maybe you've lived under a rock for the last 20+ years? I should NOT be having such issues!

2013 5.0 mt-82 base 3.31's, stock
post #142 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

As for the bump I octane. I switched to a tune with a lower 91 octane platform and nothing changed. I'm now running on the 93R tune that came on the tuner when I ordered it from AM/bama and the noise is not there. The cars feels just as strong and the drivability is actually better. I've logged the car and sent it to someone else to first get there opinion and second get one of there tuned.

post #143 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

No not giving up but I am getting an AED tune/s. I can tell you from a buddies 2011 the difference is night and day!

SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I think this thread has gone far enough.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page