Another bama bomb - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned
 
nsadams87xx's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 3,124
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
Also, am I the only person who thinks a mail-order tune is a bad idea for FI or spray applications?
No. I'm Bama tuned but run N/A. It's great.

Quote:
...furthermore, why hasn't this been locked yet?

^^

nsadams87xx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
5POINTO
Guest
 
5POINTO's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post

...furthermore, why hasn't this been locked yet?
No reason for it to be. You can't lock every thread that has vendor issues. This one is getting resolved, as long no new pissing match happens it's fine.

GT Member
 
2005 white s197's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clearwater
Posts: 1,018
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
You won't see me doing this. Only thing I ask before any "bashing" occurs is that both sides get to tell their sides of the story. This is where problems can occur, pick up the phone first. If a sponsor is proven to be in the wrong members should know. But if they make right, they should know that also.
Very well said, I agree!
2005 white s197 is offline  
 
J Orbit
Guest
 
J Orbit's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
Same old song and dance I guess. My experience hasn't been so great lately with bama and there tunes! I'm switching THIS WEEK to another tuner! I DO NOT have time for all this! I want someone who is going to tune my car rite and do it rite the first time! Is this possible with an e mail tune? I've herd good things about AED/Shaun and have an e mail from him stating that he'll send me over the base map to log when I'm ready. But it's 250$. And a speed shop here locally will dyno tune me for 250$. Are Shaun's tunes really as good as everyone says? Or should I just get the dyno tune from cincy speed? My car is a 2013 5.0 mt-82 base with a CAI, cat deletes, and a ZEX blackout coyote kit currently set up on a 75shot


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I guess I fail to see what the OP is complaining about specifically. All I see is lot's of vitriol followed by a rambling question (of sorts).
How could anyone address this issue if he can't even explain the problem?

IMHO I think getting a canned tune for nitrous is just dumb. Pay the piper and get it done right, don't cheap out and then blast a sponsor in some incomprehensible rant.
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member
 
65sohc's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Fresno
Posts: 1,299
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
I guess I fail to see what the OP is complaining about specifically. All I see is lot's of vitriol followed by a rambling question (of sorts).
I think the question mark on his keyboard is sticking?

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
65sohc is offline  
post #36 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
ddinn25's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 325
 
Incomprehensible rant? If you say so? I posted this for a reason and that reason was addressed. To no help from you obviously! As I stated before I posted strictly fact. If I see some that is of no interest to me or doesn't concern me I just keep scrolling instead of typing off useless information. This may help someone down the road as may posts in this forum have helped me! I got my CEL/miss fire issue resolved BECAUSE OF THIS FORUM. I was stating the issues I was having with the said vendor and there customer service. Obviously you missed that??
Anyways I was hoping a bama rep would chime in and they did so my work is done here and thanks to the ones with helpful information. For the ones that find it necessary to nit pick every post for grammar, punctuation, and all out feeling superior to everyone else I GOT NOTHING!


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 5.0 mt-82 base 3.31's, stock
ddinn25 is offline  
Apprentice
 
2012GT95MkVIII's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Greenbrier
Posts: 86
 
I started reading this expecting a blown engine story. The title says bomb... Whew! Glad it wasn't. I'll be ordering my bama tune from AM next week.

2012 GT. Auto. K&N drop in filter, Pypes pypebomb axle back, Bama 93R tune. Better tires, x-pipe to come. Resonators to go.
2012GT95MkVIII is offline  
BOSS Member
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Malvern
Posts: 4,254
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
I was hoping you would chime in AMDanBailer. Ill have to pm you the name of the individual I was working with. The other 2 I spoke to I don't recall there names. As you had stated I was in fact trying to communicate back and forth. I kept getting replies like sorry for the delay or I apologize for the miscommunication. The attention to detail just wasn't there. I had multiple issues ranging from my data logs supposedly going hay wire part way through, getting my device loaded (corrupt files), and check engine lights.
I'm positive my rear o2's were not turned off on the first tune revision. I was getting a cat system inefficient codes. I have off road exhaust. The first tune revision was sent to me Wednesday July 3rd. I email the guy that was helping me Friday July 5th and told him everything that was going on. I called first thing Monday morning to see what was up. My guy was busy. The guy I had spoke to said he talked to my guy and I should have my tune in about 30min. 8hrs later I still didn't have a tune so I called back. Again my guy was busy and I was told to be patient! No if you tell me ill have my tune in 30 min then I expect my tune in 30 min! If there is a problem with why I can't get my tune in 30 min then I want to know why! Not BE PATIENT! I understand you guys are busy and so am I. I'd be happy to forward you all the e mails between the bama tech and my self? After my last call in yesterday I received my tune and got it on the car with no issues. The car does feel stronger but some drivability was lost. The car is getting dyno'd Saturday and tomorrow I'm going to log the car again and send it in. I'm sure there's more on the table?
I'm not on here to bash anyone or to put anyone one person or company down! I'm clearly stating facts and of personal experience. I'm not swayed by someone's opinion. This information may help someone else's decision making? Hence the whole reasoning for forums??
Hey,

I'm sorry to hear that your whole experience with the Bama team hasn't been up to par. Please shoot me a PM with your order number and the name of the Representatives you spoke to and I'll look into this further!

I'll also have our best tuning specialist contact you directly! I understand your most recent tune is in good shape but you lost a little drive ability. We can work with him and make sure you're tune is dialed in perfectly and squared away! Definitely take some logs while the car is on the dyno, this should help us get you dialed in as well...

We really do appreciate your patience while we get you squared away! I'll be keeping an eye on my PM's.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMDanBailer is offline  
Sean Reilly
Guest
 
Sean Reilly's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Well there you go!.......I hope that everything is getting resolved David......I spoke to Dan Bailer (From American Muscle) on the phone, and he assured me that he Personally was going to make everything Right with you .............Sean
post #40 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
ddinn25's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 325
 
PM sent!
Last night I went to "return to stock" them re load the revised tune. The tuner failed when trying to load the revised tune. The car was DEAD! Would start. Fortunately is was able to return to then load an original tune that came on the device. I'm afraid to load the revised tunes for fear that it may cause damage to my motor or BRICK my ecu!! I thought I was done for last night!? The reason I did it in the first place is because I thought I herd "pinging" or detonation at the higher R's and under heavy load


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 5.0 mt-82 base 3.31's, stock
ddinn25 is offline  
BOSS Member
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Malvern
Posts: 4,254
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
PM sent!
Last night I went to "return to stock" them re load the revised tune. The tuner failed when trying to load the revised tune. The car was DEAD! Would start. Fortunately is was able to return to then load an original tune that came on the device. I'm afraid to load the revised tunes for fear that it may cause damage to my motor or BRICK my ecu!! I thought I was done for last night!? The reason I did it in the first place is because I thought I herd "pinging" or detonation at the higher R's and under heavy load
I received your PM and have sent your information over to the Bama team. They'll be looking into your issue and our head tuning specialist will be reaching out to you personally!

To avoid any failures when transferring files, make sure your battery is fully charged, you have a good connection to the OB2 port and all of your firmware is updated on the device. If all of these things are in check, you shouldn't run into any issues!

Thanks again for your patience, we'll have you squared away very quickly!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMDanBailer is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
 
Ltngdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Southeast
Posts: 7,791
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
The reason I did it in the first place is because I thought I herd "pinging" or detonation at the higher R's and under heavy load
They all ping a little, that's the way the pcm is setup. A little is okay, heavy ping is a problem, just have to determine how bad it was.

Ltngdrvr is offline  
post #43 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
ddinn25's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 325
 
It's a sound it never made before. Car has 11,000 mikes on it and was bought in early December of 2012. I drive it every day.
@Dan: I appreciate your help with all this. The items you told me to check are good to go. I think I was having some issues with the lap top I was using to handle everything?? Please let whom ever will be sending tune files that they no longer need to be in a compressed zipper file. I've downloaded the updater software to me desk top. Let me know if the recent data logs I sent in yesterday act up any? I'll use a different computer.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 5.0 mt-82 base 3.31's, stock
ddinn25 is offline  
5POINTO
Guest
 
5POINTO's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
They all ping a little, that's the way the pcm is setup.
Who the heck told you that?
SHELBY GT 350 Member
 
Ltngdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Southeast
Posts: 7,791
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Who the heck told you that?
That's the way the pcm is setup from Ford, keeps advancing the timing until the knock sensors hear ping and then pulls timing back a little. The pcm constantly does this so there is often a slight amount of audible ping. This is how the adaptive timing works, this info has been all over the place for quite a while now.


Ltngdrvr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1