Like Tree2Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Another bama bomb

Same old song and dance I guess. My experience hasn't been so great lately with bama and there tunes! I'm switching THIS WEEK to another tuner! I DO NOT have time for all this! I want someone who is going to tune my car rite and do it rite the first time! Is this possible with an e mail tune? I've herd good things about AED/Shaun and have an e mail from him stating that he'll send me over the base map to log when I'm ready. But it's 250$. And a speed shop here locally will dyno tune me for 250$. Are Shaun's tunes really as good as everyone says? Or should I just get the dyno tune from cincy speed? My car is a 2013 5.0 mt-82 base with a CAI, cat deletes, and a ZEX blackout coyote kit currently set up on a 75shot

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 5.0 mt-82 base 3.31's, stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
Same old song and dance I guess. My experience hasn't been so great lately with bama and there tunes! I'm switching THIS WEEK to another tuner! I DO NOT have time for all this! I want someone who is going to tune my car rite and do it rite the first time! Is this possible with an e mail tune? I've herd good things about AED/Shaun and have an e mail from him stating that he'll send me over the base map to log when I'm ready. But it's 250$. And a speed shop here locally will dyno tune me for 250$. Are Shaun's tunes really as good as everyone says? Or should I just get the dyno tune from cincy speed? My car is a 2013 5.0 mt-82 base with a CAI, cat deletes, and a ZEX blackout coyote kit currently set up on a 75shot

I had a Bama tune and wasn't happy with it so I switched to AED. Driveability and power are completely different. I got my car dyno'd this weekend to see what kind of power I was making and the shop owner said that he honestly didn't think he could tune it any better on a dyno. His lead tech was standing there and told me he never says that to anyone

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Quote:

A 75 shot is not much, but I would still put it on the dyno, there's no sense risking a 5 figure engine to save the price of a good meal on tuning.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.

5POINTO

Have you called Bama? Maybe they can make it RIGHT. :smoke:
GT Member

Quote:

I don't think there is a "perfect" solution to your issue. The ECU (Engine control unit) in the 2011+ GT has a lot of sensor inputs. It also controls the Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (TIVCT - think of that as changing out from 1 to 4 cams on the fly as the engine conditions change). The Coyote ECU can set the engine timing seprately for every cylinder and do that based on engine load, cam settings, rpm, gear, intake temperature, oil temperature and several other factors. Finding a "local shop" that REALLY understands the Coyote engine, and knows how to optimize the tuning parameters, is much harder then with earlier model engines. With "bolt on" modifications, the "big Mustang tuners" probably have much more knowledge and "experience" then the "local tuners," making their "mail order tunes" a good choice - including Diablosport themselves. Also, because of the number of "control factors," it has gotten much harder to "figure it out," in a few dyno pulls. Since you have more then the "normal bolt-ons," the problem gets harder. If it was me, and I really wanted to do the best thing for my engine, I would try to take the car - physically - to one of the big name tuners and let them use their knowledge plus the dyno input to create a tune for the car. Just my $.02

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
GT Member

See if the local tuner does remote tunes with AED...

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
J Orbit

I think that if you're expecting huge results from a mail order tune, you're going to be dissapointed. Back in the day all tuning had to be done on a dyno, now we have "mail order" tunes - a decent idea in theory - but it will never be the same as tuning your car on a dyno.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
I want someone who is going to tune my car rite and do it rite the first time!
And we want someone who spells "right" right...

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
See if the local tuner does remote tunes with AED...
Best idea yet.........

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
Apprentice

It IS possible......GUS at STEEDA!!!!!

2014 Gt Premium 355 gears.
Steeda tuned, Steeda CAI
Flowmaster A/T catback exhaust
FRPP P Springs and FRPP Shocks and Struts
CRAP POS GT500 STRUT MOUNTS!!!!
5POINTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicnkathy View Post
It IS possible......GUS at STEEDA!!!!!
I keep hearing Gus is the go to mail order tune guy...
Apprentice

I just got my bama tunes. I'm pleased with what i got, even if it wasnt much.
Sean Reilly

Yeah, try and see if "Bama" can make it right......And paying $250.00 for a great peace of mind tune is not as expensive as replacing your bullet........But one thing that I Will Not Allow Here.......Is ANY Bashing of our Site Sponsors..............Sean
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
Yeah, try and see if "Bama" can make it right......And paying $250.00 for a great peace of mind tune is not as expensive as replacing your bullet........But one thing that I Will Not Allow Here.......Is ANY Bashing of our Site Sponsors..............Sean
Not to be a but what if said sponser is a horrible one (not saying bama is) are we not allowed to say what we feel???

Anywho.... I started with a bama tune while it was great and a good price (basically free) it still leaves a lot on the table. Which is understandable because they are just base maps that will work on all vehicles... Just like AED starts out with... he uses a tune that is safe for all cars... no matter what the altitude... then customizes the tunes for your vehicle... BAMA doesnt do that and again why should they, you didnt pay any extra... they sell the tuner for 379... you try to find a new SCT tuner for less than that.... you really cant.. (maybe like 360 but not much difference) so basically your getting a free tune...

People bash bama because they arent as powerful as other tunes... well they may push the envelope more and charge you for it, Bama does a great job with what they have.

Most people dont know they will provide a N2O tune up to a 100 shot... which is cool... name another company that will do that...

Also they dont require you to buy the parts from them.. they will send you out tune files (like when i purchased a BOSS intake from a fellow member) no questions asked... sounds like a winner to me..

So basically what im getting at is you get what you pay for... AED is an awesome tuner and works hard to get you results.. he is a proven tuner and I cant believe he's only charging $250 still.... thats just cheap.

OP has the tuner you are talking about ever tunes coyote motors? how many? It can make a big difference because with this copperhead ECU it can be a pain....

anyway /rant.

2012 Mustang GT Premium, MT-82, Kona Blue Metallic, Factory 3.73's

Last edited by Sean Reilly; 07-09-2013 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Bad Language Please do not use it
Sean Reilly

[QUOTE=clinton2003;4709145]Not to be a but what if said sponser is a horrible one (not saying bama is) are we not allowed to say what we feel???

I said site sponsors because I did not want to look as that Im just sticking up for AM...........And the reason that I said that I wont allow bashing, is because the threads usually go downhill from there......If any member states that he is having a problem with a sponsor, and he or she has exhausted all means with regards to having a good outcome with said sponsor, and that sponsor does not bother to chime in here. Well then we will take note of it and pass it onto the Administrators of the forum.......At any rate, bashing or flaming is NOT allowed in the forums........Sean

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page