Unmarried SCT w/Steeda tunes, does it need to be re-programmed? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Question Unmarried SCT w/Steeda tunes, does it need to be re-programmed?

I've decided to return my car to stock and removed the Steeda intake and unmarried the SCT from it. I bought it as a kit from Steeda with their maps. If I sell it does someone else have to pay Steeda to get a new map written for their car or will it work on any other GT with the same ECU code as mine? Any idea what it will cost for someone to have a tuner write a map for the SCT so I can figure out what to ask for the intake/tuner combo?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013
glock22357

If you're selling your existing car, the programmer and CAI should go with it.

If you're not selling your car, I can't imagine why you're returning it to stock.

The tuner should work with any same ECU's car, but a new owner would most likely have to pay for a new tune if the ECU isn't the same.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I've been toying with the idea of selling/trading the car and my experience is a stock car is easier to sell, plus the dealer wont give any thing for the tune/CAI.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013
Apprentice

The tuner should work fine on the new vehicle however you may be only able to do the standard SCT tunes. If your friend wants to use the Steeda tunes the computer code on his / her car would have to be the same as the one on yours. That would require a tune emailed from Steeda which should run $50.

2013 Black Mustang 5.0 California Special | MT-82 | Bama 93P | Barton | JLT
SOLD 2011 Mustang 5.0 Premium Convertible | 6A | SF3 SCT 93 Tune | Steeda CAI | Borla Touring
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I hate to say it, but I think for just cruising the stock tune is smoother. The car isn't as frantic when you mash on the gas, but for day to day driving I think I may like the stock tune better.

I'll probably list the SCT and Steeda CAI in the classifieds. Probably just call Steeda and see what they'd charge to write someone a new tune file.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Well, that was pointless. After driving it stock for a day I reinstalled the CAI and reflashed the ECU! Car felt like a slug stock. Funny thing is it seemed so fast when I first bought it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page