"Service AdvanceTrac" after Flat Tire - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

"Service AdvanceTrac" after Flat Tire

I have a 2011 GT that got a flat tire last night while driving on the freeway. By the time I could get over to the shoulder, the tire had almost completely removed itself from the rim. Luckily there was no wheel damage, but I had to get the car towed home.

Today, I removed the wheel to get a tire replacement, and after I came home and reinstalled the wheel, I had the "Service AdvanceTrac" warning and the two lights on in the dash warning panel. I did the standard "Russian fix" (turn it off and back on), but the warning did not clear. After driving it around the block, I can't get the warnings to clear.

I figure it may be a damaged sensor considering I drove on the flat tire for a bit to get out of traffic, but I want to make sure there isn't some internal warning that automatically triggers when a wheel is removed and replaced? The only reason I ask is I don't recall seeing that warning last night, after the flat but prior to the wheel removal.

Has anyone else had this, and if so, is there anything I can do, or should I just go to the dealership? I'm trying to avoid that because I purchased the car from a non-Ford dealer and that is where my warranty is, so I'm concerned they will either not know what to do or just end up sending me to a Ford service center.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Try removing the NEG battery terminal for 10 MIN, that should reset it for you and turn out your warning lights,if not take it in to make sure nothing got damaged.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013
GT Member
Classic Member

The light may have been tripped due to the difference in wheel speed driving with a smaller wheel on one side flat. Wheel speed comparison maybe? Good luck!

1964.5 convertible and a 2012 Sterling Grey GT. 100 hp. and 412 hp. Go Bama, Roll Tide! 2015 National Champions! Clemson put up one heck of a fight!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013
GT Member

If you'd damaged the sensor in the wheel for TPMS, it would display as a tire pressure warning and give you the little flat tire icon.

There is a 5 amp fuse in the body control smart junction box in the passenger footwell...number 54, I think? Can't remember. That kills every nanny and will light up every light on the dash. Pull it and then let it freak, then put the fuse back in. Everything should go off then.

If not, then you have an actual advancetrak issue and it needs to go to a Ford dealer. Your car still should still have a Ford warranty, no matter where you bought it.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoors510 View Post
I have a 2011 GT that got a flat tire last night while driving on the freeway. By the time I could get over to the shoulder, the tire had almost completely removed itself from the rim. Luckily there was no wheel damage, but I had to get the car towed home.

Today, I removed the wheel to get a tire replacement, and after I came home and reinstalled the wheel, I had the "Service AdvanceTrac" warning and the two lights on in the dash warning panel. I did the standard "Russian fix" (turn it off and back on), but the warning did not clear. After driving it around the block, I can't get the warnings to clear...
Hello rmoors510,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. You can still get in contact with your local Ford Dealer and speak to the Service Manager. He/she is in the best position to let you know if there is work needed, and about and coverage you may have for it (warranty, recall, etc.).

Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page