MT-82 Transmission Additive Update - Page 15 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Stopped in my dealer yesterday, (they are 150 miles distant, I happened to be in NOVA) and they are going to mail me the XL-18 additive. Of course, they said if I had any other issues they would be happy to see the car. I only have a 1-2 shift "nibble" when cold, yes shifting easy.

2013 BOSS 302 School Bus Yellow #1121
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS MAN 13 View Post
Stopped in my dealer yesterday, (they are 150 miles distant, I happened to be in NOVA) and they are going to mail me the XL-18 additive. Of course, they said if I had any other issues they would be happy to see the car. I only have a 1-2 shift "nibble" when cold, yes shifting easy.
Yeah, mine is as good as an MT82 gets except for the same nibble. I have to try some XL-18 too.

Rookie

A definitive answer

I may have missed it, but should xl 18 be added?

Rookie

Amsoil to stock fluid and xl-18

I swapped my fluid to Amsoil MTG about 3 months ago in hopes of improved shifting. It was never that bad but I read so many positive threads I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't notice much difference except slightly smoother shifting that lasted about a month before I started getting a buzzing noise at around 2800 rmp in 1st thru 4th (not the normal low speed blender noise). Almost like the buzz sound you get if rest too much weight on the shifter.

Two days ago I changed it back to the Motorcraft dual clutch and XL-18. It shifts noticeably better and the buzzing has been reduced a little but still there.

Anyone know what the buzzing could be? It's not really loud but it's there. I have the barton and steeda bushing btw.

Any feedback is appreciated.

2013 GT 6MT,3.31s,Brembo Pckg
Mods:AED Tune,Boss 302 IM,BBK 85mm TB,Kooks Shorty Headers,Alum 1pcDS,Hotchkis SF Connectors,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil-TransCoolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Brkt/Motor Mounts,LCA Relo Brks, Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mnts,JLT OilSep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,Taillight Trim/Louvers/Headlight Splitters,Raxiom Nav Sys,OEM Leather seats,MT Strt Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Strt Radial IIs on Bullits(track).
Apprentice

Just picked up the bottle i ordered. In Tupelo Mississippi i had to pay $36.56!! Haven't put in yet.

Apprentice

This was in the box to but I have not seen anyone post it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140107_210257.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	836.8 KB
ID:	303017   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140107_210229.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	847.8 KB
ID:	303025  

Apprentice

After a two and a half weeks my order finally made it to my local parts center, will pick it up Saturday morning and get it in and report back with results!

2012 Mustang GT Premium --- Red Candy
MT82 --- MGW Shifter
3.73s --- SR Performance Strut Tower Brace
Borla-S Axle Backs --- Boom
Black Bullets with Polished Lip
Raxiom Tinted Tail Lights
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I just wanted to add that my '13 with build date 12/12 didn't have any problems this week even with temps in the low 20s. Worked the same as any other time. So, maybe this really is fixed in the newer cars.
Apprentice

Since yours came with the additive, yes it should do fine until you do a fluid change without adding it unless all new fluid being produced going forward already has it as part of the mix formula off the production line but nobody knows anything....

Rookie

Two different transmissions ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
These 2 transmissions are totally different, scooterrolls. You’re can get a second opinion by a different Ford Dealer and let me escalate this for you if needed.

I tried with “XL18” in the part # search, and it came right up, stangheat. You guys can now order it from here.

Deysha
Deysha, is there a different MT-82 in the track pack cars than the Base Gt? I have a 2013 Premium Gt/ Track Pack.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Deysha was responding to scooterrolls back on 11/09. He was asking about his track pack GT compared to his "2005 with the lowly TR-3650."
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgthooligan View Post
Deysha, is there a different MT-82 in the track pack cars than the Base Gt? I have a 2013 Premium Gt/ Track Pack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
Deysha was responding to scooterrolls back on 11/09. He was asking about his track pack GT compared to his "2005 with the lowly TR-3650."
No, Ssgthooligan. MustangInTexas is correct. All manual V6s and GTs came with the MT82. Only the GT500s have a different manual transmission.

Deysha
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
I just wanted to add that my '13 with build date 12/12 didn't have any problems this week even with temps in the low 20s. Worked the same as any other time. So, maybe this really is fixed in the newer cars.
Deysha mentioned in a prior post that all MT-82's made after 7-9-12 had XL-18 additive in the trans from the factory. My car was made 6-1-12, so it didn't have the additive. I asked my dealer for it, and they sent it to me by mail....................nice dealer!

2013 BOSS 302 School Bus Yellow #1121
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yeah, I did see that. I was just basically validating that.
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I was driving in the snow a week ago (I have snow tires) and I noticed a CRAZY noise coming from either the clutch or transmission. I thought I was going to have to park it and call a tow! It was scary. It stopped whenever I came to a stop and when I revved it didn't make the noise. When I started moving again it slowly started making the noise again. Got it home and parked it for the night and the next day it was gone and has been ever since. Weird.

2002 Mustang GT 5 speed: Mach 1 grille delete, K&N drop-in air filter, 75mm BBK throttle body, ported C&L plenum, UPR upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks/struts, McLeod Super Street Pro clutch kit, AM firewall adjuster, MM clutch quadrant, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Bassani catted x pipe, Flowmaster weld-in 40's, SCT 93 octane Bama tune
SOLD
for...
2013 Mustang GT 6 speed: GT Track Package, 301A Tech Package, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Axleback, Steeda Shifter Bushing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page