MT-82 Transmission Additive Update - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Went to my dealer today Heritage Ford, I talked to the tranmission tech and he was well aware of the XL-18, It has been ordered by them and as soon as it arrives I will get a call to take the car in,,,, He was a cool guy and we talked for about 10 minutes about the issue, he was aware of the problem the MT-82 is having until the car warms up, I told him that my car shifts like butter after you drive it for 5 minutes and he said < I no so does mine, He is also driving a new mustang, One thing that he said that got me thinking was ,Don't worry about it and just dont bang gears till the car warms up. I promise nothing will happen to your car, we also talked about switching to full synthetic, the only thing he said was it will void your warranty if something goes wrong, and told me to just wait for the additive, Again he made it perfectly clear that I have nothing to worry about as his car and many others are doing the same thing, Now on another note, I do not having any problems banigng gears in my 14 GT track pack at all. WOT shifs are flawless and the transmission and shifter are working great, its just that 5 minute thing when I leave my garage it takes a bit of time for it to shift smooth. Hopefully the additive will fix that,

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Realistically ya shouldnt be rippin on the car hard after only 5 minutes to begin with lol crunchy shifting or not, thats just asking for trouble. On a side note, why the hell is it so difficult to make a post on here from a phone!? Jesus, letters disappear or double up while typing aAL the ttime now, and it gets worse every week!

Apprentice

If you have a '13 or '14, a Ford power train engineer tells me the XL-18 already is in your trans.

2014 GT, Race Red, 6-speed, Track Pack, JLT oil separator, sound tube delete, Roush Stage 2 supercharger kit, 82mm pulley, VMP tune, MGW shifter, Koni STR.T shocks and struts, Steeda Sport springs, BMR LCAs, relo brackets, adjustable UCA and adjustable panhard, GT500 axle backs, 3D Carbon painted GT500 spoiler.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Just ordered a bottle for my '11 and was only like 22 bucks at the dealer. They didn't have it in their system yet either.

2011 v6 PP Race Red
Flowmaster Super 44's
K&N Drop In
3.73 Rear End
Axle Exchange Driveshaft
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnagy75 View Post
Just ordered a bottle for my '11 and was only like 22 bucks at the dealer. They didn't have it in their system yet either.
Wow, mine was like $43 with tax and another $89 for 3 qts of QDC. I just changed my fluid out about an hour ago, test drove it. Its shifting great, but its 90 degrees today. I will know more tomorrow, its going to get down into the 50s tonight. So the trip to work in the morning will be the real test.

2012 GT Premium, 6spd, 3.73 rear, Steeda shift bracket, GT500 ABs, tint, matte black OTT stripe, Boss shift knob and boot, MMD taillight trim, Infinity speaker upgrade
Previous Mustangs: 91 Lx 5.0 404 rwhp, 93 notch, 98 GTvert slow as hell,99 Gt, 2000 GT, 2001 GT, all manuals and all will be missed, mainly the 91 she was sweet.
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Cour View Post
If you have a '13 or '14, a Ford power train engineer tells me the XL-18 already is in your trans.
My 14 does not have the additive. Straight from my tech at dealership.

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.
Apprentice

Well, all I can say is my son, who is among top execs at Ford, posed this question to one of his engineer counterparts and was told ALL '13s and '14s were equipped with the additive in production. Sorry, but I'm more comfortable with my source than I am a dealership techie. No offense, of course.

2014 GT, Race Red, 6-speed, Track Pack, JLT oil separator, sound tube delete, Roush Stage 2 supercharger kit, 82mm pulley, VMP tune, MGW shifter, Koni STR.T shocks and struts, Steeda Sport springs, BMR LCAs, relo brackets, adjustable UCA and adjustable panhard, GT500 axle backs, 3D Carbon painted GT500 spoiler.
GT Member

Quote:
Well, all I can say is my son, who is among top execs at Ford, posed this question to one of his engineer counterparts and was told ALL '13s and '14s were equipped with the additive in production. Sorry, but I'm more comfortable with my source than I am a dealership techie. No offense, of course.
If this is true(and I am not doubting they have the additive) then I wonder why some of the 13 & 14's still experience the same problems the 11 & 12's have.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
Apprentice

Good question. Speaking from experience, my '14 is flawless with the addition of the MGW shifter.

Apprentice

Mine is a 13 but built in 12. Shifting is definitely not smooth. I wonder if there is a build date when they started adding it...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 GT Track Pack, Race Red, Recaro Seats, Hand Shaker, 13gt500 axle back and front bumper,

Banned

Quote:
Yea, I'm sure can believe that .......
Apprentice

Believe what you will. Merely trying to pass on info I received from a well-informed source during my inquiries about the additive.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I received my 2 XL-18s yesterday for 22.00, now I need to find the time to put it in.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:

No offense taken. So is it normal for the shifter to be notchy for the first while? Like I said before, it works great after 5 minutes of driving, are the people asking for the XL-18 having this issue, or is it shifting notchy all the time?

Apprentice

Mine was not as smooth during warmup either, which is why I asked my son to ask about thr MT-82 additive. When I installed the MGW shifter, that issue disappeared. I WAS advised to let the trans warm up before aggressive use.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page