MT-82 Transmission Additive Update - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona stang10 View Post
My stock shifter moved like yours until i installed an mgw shifter, have you seen the stock rear mounting location of the stock shifter? Its a cheap piece of steel which has soft rubber in it and the rubber is held to it with 2 plastic zip ties. I'll say it again, ford chose noise reduction over the quality shifts you would get with firmer parts in the areas of " motor mounts" "tranny mounts" and "rear shifter mounts". Thankfully the after market has fixes for all these issues that plague todays mustang. Trust me i have replaced my shifter with an mgw, and my motor mounts, and those 2 things have made a big difference in my shifting quality.
Just curious as to how much noise and vibration you picked up with those motor mounts?

I thinking about just going with the whiteline transmission mount stiffener.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

No noise, you just get a little more feel of the motor at idle. i liken it to the feel of a powerful engine and its effects on the car but its subtle! I like it because its the feeling of knowing you got balls under the hood! Its a win win man, get a set!

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
Just curious as to how much noise and vibration you picked up with those motor mounts?

I thinking about just going with the whiteline transmission mount stiffener.
Try the ES shift bushing and the whiteline trans mount to see how things work. These are the easiest to do. It might help to an acceptable outcome.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusman59 View Post
Try the ES shift bushing and the whiteline trans mount to see how things work. These are the easiest to do. It might help to an acceptable outcome.
Leaning in that direction. Already have the Energy Suspension bushing sitting on the workbench.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Garage
For those of you that may be interested ,that after sending a PM to Deysha and asking her when the change over from QS to QDC occurred for the MY2012. I was informed that this happened 8-15-2011. And the XL-18 additive was added on those cars built 7-9-2012 and on.

2012 GT 5.0 Ingot Silver 6M,401A, RR sensing sys/security pkg.,19" painted alum wheels,GT coupe accessory Pkg 5, Ford Racing SVT Sport axle-back mufflers w/o resonators, MGW shifter, Airaid cai/Steeda 93 tune, Boss quad exhaust.

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStangRider View Post
For those of you that may be interested ,that after sending a PM to Deysha and asking her when the change over from QS to QDC occurred for the MY2012. I was informed that this happened 8-15-2011. And the XL-18 additive was added on those cars built 7-9-2012 and on.
So I guess my 14 has 2 bottles in it then, I had the XL-18 for a while just put it in yesterday, Reason is I do not drive the car to much, work home is only about 8 miles, and its not my daily driver, Installed yesterday drove about 100 klms really can't tell any difference at all, I have no problems shifting or missing shifts just trying to get rid of that little nibble in the morning time for the first 5 minutes, after that the shifter works flawless, As someone stated before maybe the 13 -14's have the additive from the factory, This morning I went for a little drive and the nibble was still there no changes at all for the first 5 min,

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.

Last edited by Jimmy Toronto; 10-01-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: .
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStangRider View Post
Awsome. Thanks

now i just need to look at my date and hope it is after that....

PONY Member

My comment is more intended at Ford, not at the member above.

OK, so Ford may been adding the XL-18 at the factory since the summer of 2012?

The local dealers around here had never heard of XL-18 until I sent them photos with part numbers a couple of weeks back.

I had my tranny oil changed several months ago but none was added at that refill. How come?

If it's a good thing to add XL-18 at the factory, why haven't the dealers been adding XL-18 at every transmission service for MT82s since the summer of 2012.

Something isn't adding up here. Someone is dropping the ball here if it now comes from the factory.

But I'm old and senile.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlue View Post
My comment is more intended at Ford, not at the member above.

OK, so Ford may been adding the XL-18 at the factory since the summer of 2012?

The local dealers around here had never heard of XL-18 until I sent them photos with part numbers a couple of weeks back.

I had my tranny oil changed several months ago but none was added at that refill. How come?

If it's a good thing to add XL-18 at the factory, why haven't the dealers been adding XL-18 at every transmission service for MT82s since the summer of 2012.

Something isn't adding up here. Someone is dropping the ball here if it now comes from the factory.

But I'm old and senile.
I agree with you on this, My dealer had no idea what is was, It would be good to clarify which cars have they XL-18, If any at all, I also agree with an earlier post where it states "if it needs an addative it's not good enough to begin with"

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Toronto View Post
So I guess my 14 has 2 bottles in it then, I had the XL-18 for a while just put it in yesterday, Reason is I do not drive the car to much, work home is only about 8 miles, and its not my daily driver, Installed yesterday drove about 100 klms really can't tell any difference at all, I have no problems shifting or missing shifts just trying to get rid of that little nibble in the morning time for the first 5 minutes, after that the shifter works flawless, As someone stated before maybe the 13 -14's have the additive from the factory, This morning I went for a little drive and the nibble was still there no changes at all for the first 5 min,
How did you get the contents of that little bottle in there in such a tight space?

The only way I've found to completely avoid the cold 1-2 nibble is a 1-3 shift or start in 2nd

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
How did you get the contents of that little bottle in there in such a tight space?

The only way I've found to completely avoid the cold 1-2 nibble is a 1-3 shift or start in 2nd

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The bottle came with a long plastic tube, just turned it upside down and squeezed it all in,

Apprentice

Just another testimonial for XL-18...

I have a 2011 GT that had moderate shifting issues when cold and mild issues once warmed up. I had the fluid-swap TSB performed a while back which seemed to help the cold weather shifting problem but the "nibble" as some are describing it was still there when warm when shifting into 2nd and sometimes 3rd.

I dumped in the XL-18 last Saturday and have about 250 miles on it since and it did make a noticeable improvement. I still get a very slight nibble every so often but it is much less sever and definitely less frequent than before the additive. In fact, it's probably a non-issue (as in most wouldn't even notice it now if you didn't know it was there before...I'm just hyper-sensitive to it since it's been under my skin for so long). I am definitely glad I did it...probably the best $24 'mod' I've done!

BTW...I got mine at Ted Britt Ford in Chantilly VA. They ordered it for me and the parts guy said since folks on the forums are talking about it, he was going to order some extras to keep in stock since I'm probably not the last person who will be snagging some to alleviate the MT-82 shifting sickness.

Also, for anyone planning to add it...I should mention it was very easy to dump in there. It comes in a squeeze bottle with a small hose. Just remove the drain plug, put the hose in the hole, turn the bottle upside-down, squeeze until empty, and then put the plug back in. It took about 15 minutes total. I just jacked up the passenger side enough to get under the car (using jack stands, of course). Jacking up this side makes it easier since that is the side the plug is on, and will also decrease the chance of the fluid spilling out when you remove the plug (fluid will flow to the driver's side if you jack up the passenger's side).

Hope this helps!

-1983 5.0 GT Red/Black.5MT.3:73.FMS Lowering Springs
-2011 5.0 GT Prem.Kona Blue.6MT.19" Nickel Wheels.3:73.Comf Pack. Blk/Cshmr Int
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exslider400 View Post
Awsome. Thanks

now i just need to look at my date and hope it is after that....
Well.... crap....3/12 build date. But on the greener side of the fence, at least this may fix the 1-2 nibble and more importantly, the notchieness....

Apprentice

The first thing you must do to begin to address any shifting issues with this tranny is to get rid of the spongy oem bushing in your garbage shift bracket. The urethane Energy Suspension 16 dollar bushing is light years ahead of the stock piece. It helped almost as much as my Barton 2 post bracket did.

2011 GT, MT6, Brembo, 401a, 3.73, Heart Throb H mid, Borla axle back, Hurst, Barton 2post, Michelin Super Sports, CDC chin spoiler, drilled rotors, Redline DCTF. 2013 GT500 Rear rotors and adapters, EDC red stuff, Energy Suspension <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym> insert,
PONY Member

I am switching Whipple pulleys on Tuesday and getting a dyno tune.

I'm going to to go ahead and add the XL-18 to the existing QDC that has 7K on it.

I'll post back the results.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page