2011-2014 Mustang lower control arm noise TSB's. - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

I had the steering rack replaced in my 2012, but it was for rattling and knocking over bumps. Which brings to mind the issues I had with my 2012. I had 7 warranties performed on that car: workmanship on the driver door seal, workmanship on driver side interior panel fitup, the steering rack replacement, a serious windshield leak, a blend door actuator, LCA bushings, leather seat seam separation. That's too many. Conversely, I have had NO issues after a year and 20k miles on my 2014...except with the LCA noise which is not that loud and minor compared to the noise my 2012 had.....

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I started to notice the suspension Sqweeking noise on my 2014 Mustang at around 3000 miles, I have been to the dealer maybe 7 times the noise is still there never went away,
They state that they replaced the lower control arms three time, I contacted Ford customer service twice with no resolution, according to them it is part of the characteristic of the car
which I think is not true how could it be the characteristic of the car if the noise is on the left side ONLY, and never went away???
This is my Fourth car from Ford and the last on..

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Try a different dealer.

I wonder how many service departments are torquing the control arm bolts with the suspension loaded and/or the vehicle at ride height.

Torquing the bolts with the car in the air will wreck a rubber bushing fast!

Rookie

How loud of a sound are we talking, my 2014 definitely makes some noise but it's hard to tell what counts as too much. Also is this just a cosmetic/sound issue or does it actually effect performance as well? Sorry for all the questions.
Rookie

And perhaps the better question is, do aftermarket lower control arms take care of the noise on their own? Because it seems from reading this thread that ford isn't going to really be able to fix this on their own.
Rookie

I bought a 2013 GT a little over a month ago and it makes a loud squeaking sound in the front every time I go over a speed bump. Mine only has 12k miles and warranty is good until May 16. I suppose I'm going to make an appointment at my dealer on Monday. I will print out the TSB and leave it in the seat of the car just like I did with the leaking axle TSB. I'm wondering if I should get under the front end and mark the suspension components with a paint pen in order to verify any repairs the dealer claims to make.
Rookie

Just got mine back. My dealership replaced both front lower control arms per TSB 13-9-3 (different than OP). I haven't heard any squeaks or chirps yet but will update if I do.
Rookie

I have had 2 2014 Mustangs, one v6 and one GT premium, same issue on both with LCA. Had it fixed 3 times on V6 before I got tired of it and traded it in for the 2014 GT thinking i done with the problem. Bought the car with 2000 miles on it and took it to service the next week for the LCA, major noise, here we go again. I now have 13k miles on my car and I'm sitting here again waiting to see if they have the parts to fix it for the 4th time in 15 months! I'm only on my 3rd oil change, crazy. Why? Takes way too much of my time and is such an inconvenience to do this. It's starts squeaking again about every 800-1000 miles. Why isn't there a better FIX (meaning not have to do it again) I don't have to get my oil changed this much. I love my car but come on Ford....
Apprentice

I've got a 2012 GT that I DD (93k miles roughly) but I've had this issue for the life of the vehicle. So far I've had the LCAs replaced per the TSB as well as tried polyurethane bushings, neither of which has worked. The thing that's eliminated the sound is to keep everything really well lubricated with WD-40 and then some PB Blaster or similar lubricant. While this isn't a true fix, based on the length of time this issue has been going on, I really don't think we're ever going to get a true fix. Hopefully this helps, let me know if my halfway solution works for you.
PONY Member

I'm noticing a bit of a clunk as well on my 2011 GT with 50,000 miles. From what I'm reading here, even when Ford replaces the LCAs they still make noise? Should I not let it concern me?
Seeing as I'm out of warranty, what would this cost me to get done at a dealership? Anyone get it done out of warranty?

2001 Mustang GT - Crashed (Other person's fault) Stock.
2003 Mustang GT - Sold
Lowered, Flowmaster catbacks, CAI + Tune, 5% tint all around, American racing wheels.
2005 Mustang GT - Traded in
"Performance" spark plugs and ignition coils, 5% tint on back 3 - 20% on front two, 20 inch silver AMR wheels
2011 Mustang GT - BEAST
5% tint all around. 2014 GT premium wheels. Roush axleback
Rookie

Just wanted to update my issues with this. I had my control arms replaced about 6 months ago and after a couple weeks the passenger side arm was making alot noise over bumps driveways etc. I took it back to the the technician and he used a Torq (wrench/bar?) to put another 3/4 to full turn on one of the bolts (will find out which one). He tightened it with a air-gun when he replaced them originally. But he I took for a ride after that and all of the noise is gone. I will put some more miles on it to see if the noise comes back but as of right now it is fine. Maybe dealers are not torquing them properly?

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Pack, Electronics Pack, Comfort Pack, Borla S Type Catback BMR LCAs Roush Chin Spoiler
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

I must be one of the lucky ones,my 2011 early build GT is as quiet as a mouse,front and rear have never had anything replaced,and live in S/W Florida heat.
Rookie

I run Roush lower control arms with no noise what so ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page