2011-2014 Mustang lower control arm noise TSB's. - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Bethany0444, Thks for your info. I'm resigned to putting up with the creaks for now - unless it gets any worse. I think I read somewhere that it is not a safety issue..... Please Ford let us all know when there is a permanent fix!! Maybe for the 50yr celebrations next year??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFranc View Post
Hello Guys, I've had my 2013 V6 since February and I have the same old creaking noise from the front end when going over speed bumps - and we have a lot of those in Oman! I took the car for its 8000km service yesterday and mentioned the problem to the service manager (before I read these posts). I will see what he says when I pick my baby up tonight! Watch this space!
Hello TFranc,

Welcome to the forums! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Because you live in Oman, I recommend calling the Middle East Customer Relationship Center at +971 (0) 4 3326084 for assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramaj View Post
My 2013 just started doing this a few weeks ago. My 2012 did it twice. Both times I get about 6K-7K miles before it starts up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany0444 View Post
Tfranc, Not from what I see or hear. Purchased my GT in May 2012 and starting having issues with the front end noise by 2000 miles.
Let me escalate this to the customer service manager for your area, guys. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha

PONY Member
S197 Member

Hello Deysha,

sorry to hijack the thread but I sent you a PM a few days ago, not sure if you got it?

Thx

2011 GT Kona Blue - Saddle 400a, 6MT, 3.55, Electronic, Brembo, Glass Roof, HID, Security, Comfort, RearVC, GT500 Mufflers, Procal tuner, Vorshlag brake lines, Boss/CS Fascia, Brake cooling ducts

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
Hello Deysha,

sorry to hijack the thread but I sent you a PM a few days ago, not sure if you got it?

Thx
I sent you a response, Rick R.

Deysha
Rookie

Thumbs up thank you!

This is probably what's wrong with my 2013 GT as well. It fits the profile. Thanks so much, after reading similar posts on other forums everyone seems to be scratching their heads, I'll print this out and take it in to the dealer with me.
Rookie

Why would you accept the noise? If I pay 35k for a car, I'm dang well getting everything fixed while it's under warranty. I am tempted to not bother a little bit though, the dealer is a long drive from here, but I'll do it anyway.
V6 Member
S197 Member

Any idea how much this repair cost if the car is out of warranty?
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCXR View Post
Any idea how much this repair cost if the car is out of warranty?
If it's a TSB, warranty shouldn't matter. Manufacturer defect. To get it fixed without using a TSB would be pretty expensive, both for labor and parts.
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaman View Post
If it's a TSB, warranty shouldn't matter. Manufacturer defect. To get it fixed without using a TSB would be pretty expensive, both for labor and parts.
I didn't realize that. Ford dealerships fix items under a TSB at a reduced rate or no charge?
Apprentice

Apparently there is an even newer TSB that has just come out or is coming out soon that involves a heat shield for the hydro bushing on the LCA.

Now that it's heating up around here, I'm going to have to end up taking my car in. The hot weather makes the creak even worse and I also get a slight pop/creak that I can feel in the floor board as I let the clutch out and accelerate from a stop.

2013 Mustang GT - Black - 6MT - Vortech V3, Brembos, GT500/Lethal H, Bilstein HD/Steeda HD/Sports, BMR LCA/PHB, Lund

-------Previously-------
1997 Cobra Vert - Triple Black - lots of mods
1996 GT - Black - some mods
1988 GT - Black - no mods
Apprentice

What's the latest TSB #?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sean Reilly

Im going to make this a "Sticky" since the TSB now includes the '13s.....I wonder if the '14's will follow.....If not, then the '14's got the new rev. with the supposed Heat-Shields that protect the new front LCA bushings from the engine heat........Im also going to Copy this Thread and place it into the 2011+V6 Tech Forum...........Sean
tym
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1seattle View Post
Apparently there is an even newer TSB that has just come out or is coming out soon that involves a heat shield for the hydro bushing on the LCA.
Yes, does anybody have TSB number for this?

Taking note as I do hear a faint noise from the front (now that I've finally made the rear suspension quiet). It never ends, does it?
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
Yes, does anybody have TSB number for this?

Taking note as I do hear a faint noise from the front (now that I've finally made the rear suspension quiet). It never ends, does it?
Hey tym,

Please bring your vehicle in to your dealer to have it checked out. Then PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
tym
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Hey tym,

Please bring your vehicle in to your dealer to have it checked out. Then PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Thanks, Deysha, I will let you know when I do. I first want to see what's happening with the TSB and redesigned part, so I only have to take the car in once.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page