2011-2014 Mustang lower control arm noise TSB's. - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
Thanks, Deysha, I will let you know when I do. I first want to see what's happening with the TSB and redesigned part, so I only have to take the car in once.
I understand, tym. Keep me posted.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

My noise from the LCA started at about 2600 miles or so...just got them replaced at Galpin Ford and the whole front end feels lighter and smoother on bumps and turning.
If these start to make noise again or under perform I will just have Galpin Auto Sports put in a heavy duty part like one for a Shelby or race type application. They took really good care of me though....rental car, good customer service and the car is just as I left it. No complaints

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteGT View Post
My noise from the LCA started at about 2600 miles or so...just got them replaced at Galpin Ford and the whole front end feels lighter and smoother on bumps and turning.
If these start to make noise again or under perform I will just have Galpin Auto Sports put in a heavy duty part like one for a Shelby or race type application. They took really good care of me though....rental car, good customer service and the car is just as I left it. No complaints
Galpin Ford is by far the best dealer i've ever dealt with, they replaced all four of my rims (clear coat flaking) and my LCA's without making any fuss.

2012 Black V6 Performance, Pony and Security Package, Tint, Take-off leather seats, GT500 Steering Wheel, JLT CAI, Auto Headlight switch, Quarter Win Louvers.

tym
Banned

Rookie

Hey guys, new on the forum but also have the LCA issue on my '13. They have replaced my front left twice already and it seems I have to go back again.

Great to hear there's a new TSB.. hopefully this will resolve the issue, because I am getting a bit frustrated with this situation.

2013 Mustang V6 - 19" Am GT500 Wheels, Roush Upper/Lower Grill, RTR Spoiler, GT500 Flat Black Racing Stripes, Magnaflow Competition Axle-back, fully customized audio system
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick112 View Post
Hey guys, new on the forum but also have the LCA issue on my '13. They have replaced my front left twice already and it seems I have to go back again.
Great to hear there's a new TSB.. hopefully this will resolve the issue, because I am getting a bit frustrated with this situation.
Welcome to the forum, Roderick112! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and Iíd like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area so we can help. Please, PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
PONY Member

I tried and tried to get them to do something about the clunking in my front suspension on my 2012 earlier this year ... took the tech for a ride, showed him the noise - this was before the TSB was updated to include my model year/VIN - they made all kinds of excuses that it's normal suspension jouncing noise, and one of the Customer Service Managers even told me that with "performance cars", suspension noise is normal and inevitable. Basically - the TSB didn't include my VIN, so they were refusing to acknowledge that it was a problem. I gave up after several trips to the stealership and attempts to get it taken seriously. Since then, I've now lowered my car - so I know for a fact that if I try to get them to take it seriously and fix it under the new TSB, they'd say that due to the fact that I've lowered it, they won't cover it. I do need to take it in to have the rear end gear whine and flaking clearcoat on the wheels looked at though.

2012 Premium V6 (manual) Mustang Club of America with Performance Package, comfort package, electronics package, backup sensors/camera, lava red leather interior
Rookie

I have had this issue with my 2012. took it to dealer and they were able to reproduce the issue. next week they will be replacing the front lower control arm that produced the creaking noise in the front while going over large speed bumps. I also was experiencing a clunking sound in the rear that would get worse in the cooler weather and they found that the rear sway bar links were loose. and a quick search on that issue shows that many others are having the sway bar link issues also. it just seams that they would be a little bit more proactive on finding a solution to these issues it shouldn't take years to figure it out.
Rookie

After contacting deysha.. I took my car in to replace the LCA on the left for the third time. This time they included a heat shield.. so we will see if this resolves the issue.

Thank you for your help Deysha!

2013 Mustang V6 - 19" Am GT500 Wheels, Roush Upper/Lower Grill, RTR Spoiler, GT500 Flat Black Racing Stripes, Magnaflow Competition Axle-back, fully customized audio system
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_gecko View Post
I tried and tried to get them to do something about the clunking in my front suspension on my 2012 earlier this year ... took the tech for a ride, showed him the noise - this was before the TSB was updated to include my model year/VIN - they made all kinds of excuses that it's normal suspension jouncing noise, and one of the Customer Service Managers even told me that with "performance cars", suspension noise is normal and inevitable. Basically - the TSB didn't include my VIN, so they were refusing to acknowledge that it was a problem. I gave up after several trips to the stealership and attempts to get it taken seriously. Since then, I've now lowered my car - so I know for a fact that if I try to get them to take it seriously and fix it under the new TSB, they'd say that due to the fact that I've lowered it, they won't cover it. I do need to take it in to have the rear end gear whine and flaking clearcoat on the wheels looked at though.
Letís try this again, cal_gecko. PM me with your info, and Iíll get it escalated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick112 View Post
After contacting deysha.. I took my car in to replace the LCA on the left for the third time. This time they included a heat shield.. so we will see if this resolves the issue.

Thank you for your help Deysha!
Youíre very welcome, Roderick112!

Deysha
Apprentice

I had my LCA's replaced about a year ago. The noise is back but my car is now out of warranty. If I want to get them replaced with these new ones will I have to pay for it?

Thanks,
Ken
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Letís try this again, cal_gecko. PM me with your info, and Iíll get it escalated.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha.. I missed this response.. but I took it to the dealership yesterday... I mentioned my prior complaints about the noises in my front suspension and the fact that they were still an issue - but that I knew the TSB had been updated. I also had them take a look at my wheels (2 of them had peeling clearcoat), and evaluate a whine noise coming from the drivetrain - I suspected rear end.

Good news - they ordered 2 new front LCA's, a new rear end, and they're just waiting on approval from Ford for 2 replacement wheels.

2012 Premium V6 (manual) Mustang Club of America with Performance Package, comfort package, electronics package, backup sensors/camera, lava red leather interior
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksz426 View Post
I had my LCA's replaced about a year ago. The noise is back but my car is now out of warranty. If I want to get them replaced with these new ones will I have to pay for it?

Thanks
Speak to your Service Manager, ksz426. The repair also came with a 12 months/12,000 miles warranty. See if youíre still within that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_gecko View Post
Thanks Deysha.. I missed this response.. but I took it to the dealership yesterday... I mentioned my prior complaints about the noises in my front suspension and the fact that they were still an issue - but that I knew the TSB had been updated. I also had them take a look at my wheels (2 of them had peeling clearcoat), and evaluate a whine noise coming from the drivetrain - I suspected rear end.

Good news - they ordered 2 new front LCA's, a new rear end, and they're just waiting on approval from Ford for 2 replacement wheels.
Awesome news, cal_gecko! Keep me updated.

Deysha
Apprentice
S197 Member

My 13 is annoying over bumps now, 7500 miles or so.
Rookie

I took our car in last week for this tsb and was very surprised when the adviser said they replaced lower control arms but they didn't need to check the alignment. I insisted they check the alignment and provide a copy of before and after measurements. I didn't notice til I got home that they gave me some BS printout Shady!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page