2011-2014 Mustang lower control arm noise TSB's. - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

hello all, I have the grunt noise over speed bumps as shown in the video and some sort of squeaky noise that seems to be intermittently coming from the rear of the car. I have a 13 with 28xxx miles that I have only owned for a week and realized this

will everything be covered under the warranty?

any ideas what the squeak coming from the rear is?

2013 GT-Oxford White on black interior 6-speed
Steeda Tuner- Borla Stinger Axleback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Had my defective left side replaced replaced right when I bought my 2014, you'd think they'd have it down pat and the bugs out by now.

Rookie

Getting ready to take my 2014 GT/CS in - found the TSB number (TSB 13-09-03 - Effective Sep 4 2013 2011-2014 Mustang
- Grunt/Creak/Chirp/Squeak Noise From The Front Lower Control Arm Over Bumps), but I can not find the actual TSB suggested repair for 2014. I wanted to take as much into the dealer as possible - does anyone have the updated TSB that covers 2014? Tried and Failed @ google

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
This TSB was just updated and published yesterday for the following reasons:The article supersedes TSB 11-10-17 to remove the production fix date, update the model years, Service Labor Time Standards and Part List.

Deysha
I sent you a PM. Please let me know if you received it. Thank you

2012 automatic black Mustang 5.0, the most basic model LOL.
Rookie

Hi everyone Im new to this forum I found this forum while searching for fixes to this issue of the front end noise. I have searched all over to find a copy of the TSB for the front end issue and have been unable to find it. Any help you can provide would be awesome thanks in advance! So glad I could find this forum! i have 2014 GT/CS problem raised its head today during the extremely high heat we had, around 100 degrees. I heard this noise about 2 weeks ago while I was on vacation in florida. we immediately took it to a dealership in florida and wasted part of one of our days of vacation to have it checked out. Of course they were unable to find the noise and I kinda shrugged it off as a possible break in sound? But today its back with a vengeance its popping so loud it sounds like its falling apart. After reading all these posts and realize this problem goes back for years, its funny that the dealership that I took it too acted like they had no idea what was happening and they even told me "we deal in alot of high end mustangs" The mechanic put it up on the rack looked at it with a flash light for about 30 seconds then dropped it... almost comical now that I read this thread!

2014 Convertible GT/CS

Last edited by chrisgtcs14; 08-23-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgtcs14 View Post
Hi everyone Im new to this forum I found this forum while searching for fixes to this issue of the front end noise. I have searched all over to find a copy of the TSB for the front end issue and have been unable to find it. Any help you can provide would be awesome thanks in advance! So glad I could find this forum! i have 2014 GT/CS problem raised its head today during the extremely high heat we had, around 100 degrees. I heard this noise about 2 weeks ago while I was on vacation in florida. we immediately took it to a dealership in florida and wasted part of one of our days of vacation to have it checked out. Of course they were unable to find the noise and I kinda shrugged it off as a possible break in sound? But today its back with a vengeance its popping so loud it sounds like its falling apart. After reading all these posts and realize this problem goes back for years, its funny that the dealership that I took it too acted like they had no idea what was happening and they even told me "we deal in alot of high end mustangs" The mechanic put it up on the rack looked at it with a flash light for about 30 seconds then dropped it... almost comical now that I read this thread!
Check Out The Very 1st Post in this Thread (pg 1) and if you read into the mid. pages it goes on to explain the different Revisions in the TSB that changed parts used, and also included the 14 MY Stangs..

Sean.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
Check Out The Very 1st Post in this Thread (pg 1) and if you read into the mid. pages it goes on to explain the different Revisions in the TSB that changed parts used, and also included the 14 MY Stangs..

Sean.
Thanks Sean, I did initially read through the entire post. The links that are in the post are no longer accessible when you click on them. I was really hoping I could hand them some sort of official TSB paper when I go to the dealer. I actually mentioned it to the last dealership I took it to, in florida originally, and they told me they didnt know anything about the TSB for the 14's they said it was only on older models.

2014 Convertible GT/CS
Sean Reilly

I will get a PDF of the TSB for you to print out for your dealer Chris!

Sean.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
I will get a PDF of the TSB for you to print out for your dealer Chris!

Sean.
WOW thanks so much Sean!!! I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much for the help!
I wonder how its gonna work with the weather getting ready to turn cooler, my understanding is the heat brings out the popping. yesterday it was like I was driving 30 year old clunker the way the front end was popping and thumping. Today not a single noise, but I did only drive it about 10 miles today, yesterday was about 200 miles in 98 degrees, today was about the same temp, but I guess it didnt have enough time to get hot.

2014 Convertible GT/CS
Sean Reilly

No problem Chris!....And yeah, it will progressively get worse as the Underhood heat (especially from the exhaust headers) really degrades the rubber bushings....I just had mine done about 3 weeks ago (even though mine was not that loud, as I just hit 2,000 Miles, in almost 2 years! And yeah I know, Im a block runner) But the very latest revision (There are freakin 4 revisions for Jeez sakes!) Has the "Heat Shield" to protect the bushings themselves....Did they actually "Change" the material that the bushings are made of?...Who knows, probably NOT! as I was NOT there to see the new parts before installation, (Damn It! as I usually make myself a PITA whenever they have their "Paws" on any of my Rigs), But I will say that you can indeed see the angled Heat shield, after it is installed....Just make SURE that they order the very latest Revision front LCA for you Baby!

Sean.
PONY Member

The dealer finally installed the heat shields they missed when performing the TSB, going to go test out the car.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighsayer11 View Post
The dealer finally installed the heat shields they missed when performing the TSB, going to go test out the car.
good luck! did they replace the control arms as well?

2014 Convertible GT/CS
Rookie

I took in my 2013 GT with a Pop'in noise backing out of my high curb driveway, havin' the POP'in while coming to a stop. They put the wireless ears on and said it is not caused by the TSB bushing in the LCA. This is not the case of a dealer not wanting to do the work. I have used them for years and they give me great service, shuttle rides back and forth to work etc. They checked the entire undercar and said no loose stuff.

Yet I still get this 3-6 times a "Drive." Can the struts be causing this noise I hear, it sounds like a bolt hitting a metal stop when stressed to me. The service report says the Jounce Bumpers are making the noise, how can that be if not bottomin' out? Forieng cars say you have to lube them, I don't understand that, they are a bottom end stop unless they are rubbin' on somethin'?

Art
OX1
Rookie

Is there a PN on the shields and/or any chance of getting them and installing myself? I have about 500 miles on my 14 and would love to not have my car torn apart by anyone other than me.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgtcs14 View Post
good luck! did they replace the control arms as well?
They had replaced the LCA's with the newest revision, installed the brackets for the heatshields but didn't install the heatshields. I noticed it a couple of weeks after the TSB was performed. Waited until my oil change 3 weeks later to take it back to them.

For those of you interested I've attached the TSB, that has the part numbers.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf mustang TSB 13-9-3.pdf (166.6 KB, 1431 views)

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page