MAC mufflers review - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
anjunabeats91's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 165
 
MAC mufflers review

In case anyone is in the market for axle-back mufflers or curious, I figure I put a little review about the MACs.

I just finished installing the MAC mufflers last evening, (and by the way a lot harder to install than the V6 mufflers) and they are pretty aweosme. They definitely have a real deep car shaking feel to them when idling. This is what I have been looking for because I know the 4.6 V8 had a deeper sound than the 5.0 (probably because the 5.0 is more refined), and I wanted that deeper grunt. They are not as loud when you give it a little, but I do have to say there is a farily loud drone between 1700 and 2000 RPM. Probably will tone down after a few 100 miles.

I also went with these becasue overall they are not as loud as most other mufflers offered. And I feel these then will do really well with an x-pipe, and maybe headers to get a nice mix of raspyness and a little louder in the higher RPM range, while not making the system obnoxiously loud. Definitely reccomend these. The build quality and welds looks real good, and I just hope they will hold up well during the winter months up here in Minnesota! We'll have to see ya know


-Black 2012 5.0 Mustang (manual); Cobra Jet intake with twin 67mm throttle body; MGW Race Spec shifter; 545g Flossy Shift Knob; MAC axle-back exhaust; SVE black GT4 wheels, 18x9 front, 18x10 rear SOLD
-Ingot Silver 2011 V6 Mustang (auto); 10 psi Procharger supercharged, full exhaust- BBK headers & catted x-pipe/Borla mufflers, 1-piece aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears 409rwhp/313rwtq SOLD
anjunabeats91 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013
BOSS Member
 
Thereaper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Mobile
Posts: 4,571
 
Garage
I had Mac's on my 07 GT and it sounded great from idle to WOT but the drone was really bad bad BAD.


Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Thereaper is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013
PONY Member
 
C Green's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Killen
Posts: 453
 
Rule #323 section B, You have to post up a video with exhaust reviews. Including idle, revs, and a fly-by is optional.

2012 GT Premium, 6spd, 3.73 rear, Steeda shift bracket, GT500 ABs, tint, matte black OTT stripe, Boss shift knob and boot, MMD taillight trim, Infinity speaker upgrade
Previous Mustangs: 91 Lx 5.0 404 rwhp, 93 notch, 98 GTvert slow as hell,99 Gt, 2000 GT, 2001 GT, all manuals and all will be missed, mainly the 91 she was sweet.
C Green is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member
 
5.0 Coyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: San Carlos Park
Posts: 2,336
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjunabeats91 View Post
In case anyone is in the market for axle-back mufflers or curious, I figure I put a little review about the MACs.

I just finished installing the MAC mufflers last evening, (and by the way a lot harder to install than the V6 mufflers) and they are pretty aweosme. They definitely have a real deep car shaking feel to them when idling. This is what I have been looking for because I know the 4.6 V8 had a deeper sound than the 5.0 (probably because the 5.0 is more refined), and I wanted that deeper grunt. They are not as loud when you give it a little, but I do have to say there is a farily loud drone between 1700 and 2000 RPM. Probably will tone down after a few 100 miles.

I also went with these becasue overall they are not as loud as most other mufflers offered. And I feel these then will do really well with an x-pipe, and maybe headers to get a nice mix of raspyness and a little louder in the higher RPM range, while not making the system obnoxiously loud. Definitely reccomend these. The build quality and welds looks real good, and I just hope they will hold up well during the winter months up here in Minnesota! We'll have to see ya know
I used to live in Woodbury Minnesota,retired 13 years ago and never looked back,good luck with your exhaust over the winter.
5.0 Coyote is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013
Apprentice
 
dewyrussler's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 146
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Green View Post
Rule #323 section B, You have to post up a video with exhaust reviews. Including idle, revs, and a fly-by is optional.
What Green said!

I have MAC full-length headers, h-pipe, and mufflers on my 83 GT and they sound awesome. I've always wondered what they'd sound like on a new 5.0. Is there a way to post some video or at least sound bites?

-1983 5.0 GT Red/Black.5MT.3:73.FMS Lowering Springs
-2011 5.0 GT Prem.Kona Blue.6MT.19" Nickel Wheels.3:73.Comf Pack. Blk/Cshmr Int
dewyrussler is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
anjunabeats91's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 165
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
I used to live in Woodbury Minnesota,retired 13 years ago and never looked back,good luck with your exhaust over the winter.
Very nice, and thanks! They say it's all stainless steel so I really hope I don't run into bad rusting like I did with the Roush ones with my V6

-Black 2012 5.0 Mustang (manual); Cobra Jet intake with twin 67mm throttle body; MGW Race Spec shifter; 545g Flossy Shift Knob; MAC axle-back exhaust; SVE black GT4 wheels, 18x9 front, 18x10 rear SOLD
-Ingot Silver 2011 V6 Mustang (auto); 10 psi Procharger supercharged, full exhaust- BBK headers & catted x-pipe/Borla mufflers, 1-piece aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears 409rwhp/313rwtq SOLD
anjunabeats91 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
anjunabeats91's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 165
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Green View Post
Rule #323 section B, You have to post up a video with exhaust reviews. Including idle, revs, and a fly-by is optional.
Oh yeah, ok I'll get one up ASAP

-Black 2012 5.0 Mustang (manual); Cobra Jet intake with twin 67mm throttle body; MGW Race Spec shifter; 545g Flossy Shift Knob; MAC axle-back exhaust; SVE black GT4 wheels, 18x9 front, 18x10 rear SOLD
-Ingot Silver 2011 V6 Mustang (auto); 10 psi Procharger supercharged, full exhaust- BBK headers & catted x-pipe/Borla mufflers, 1-piece aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears 409rwhp/313rwtq SOLD
anjunabeats91 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
anjunabeats91's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 165
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewyrussler View Post
What Green said!

I have MAC full-length headers, h-pipe, and mufflers on my 83 GT and they sound awesome. I've always wondered what they'd sound like on a new 5.0. Is there a way to post some video or at least sound bites?
They definitely bring back a little bit of the deep 4.6 grunt, which I love. But still more of a smoother tone under accelration. Yes I will get one up very soon

-Black 2012 5.0 Mustang (manual); Cobra Jet intake with twin 67mm throttle body; MGW Race Spec shifter; 545g Flossy Shift Knob; MAC axle-back exhaust; SVE black GT4 wheels, 18x9 front, 18x10 rear SOLD
-Ingot Silver 2011 V6 Mustang (auto); 10 psi Procharger supercharged, full exhaust- BBK headers & catted x-pipe/Borla mufflers, 1-piece aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears 409rwhp/313rwtq SOLD
anjunabeats91 is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013
Apprentice
 
e3phung's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: nova
Posts: 122
 
I have a MAC on my 14 5.0, and I love it. I always get asked what kind of exhaust it is because theres nothing written on it.
e3phung is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Tags
mac exhaust

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1