Raxiom GPS Unit Install - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Raxiom GPS Unit Install

I have my unit and will install this weekend. I have reviewed the instructions on AM's web site ... and the unit itself seems pretty straight forward to install.

I am wondering though ... are there any good instructions on running the wires for the antenna and camera? I don't have lots of experience ripping out interior trim, etc. and what I have read is "just run it under the <blank> and under the <blank> and you're done".

Does anyone know of anything more detailed than that? I want a nicely finished job and don't want to end up with something that looks like crap. I am sure it's probably all pretty simple in the end ... once you've done it once.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013
Apprentice

Yes it is pretty simple just run the camera wire through the trunk towards the passenger side of the car where wires are already running fold down the rear seat and just continue to tuck the wire as you come toward the front of the car. I used one of the plastic squeegee that comes with decals to just push the wire under the trim and up to the removable panel at the passenger side tucked it behind carpet and right up to back of unit.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS 3:73 gears Roush Axle Backs Barton Shifter and Two Post Bracket JLT oil separator passenger and driver side Chrome shift knob with Barton chrome boot retainer
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Ok, thanks. That's helpful.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013
PONY Member

Garage
mmike87:

Just installed mine and the process went pretty smooth for me. My review is on the American Muscle Raxiom navigation page under the name of Shelby laying out some tech. tips. Please PM me and I'll get back with you tomorrow evening; have to spend some time with the wife this evening.

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
mmike87:

Just installed mine and the process went pretty smooth for me. My review is on the American Muscle Raxiom navigation page under the name of Shelby laying out some tech. tips. Please PM me and I'll get back with you tomorrow evening; have to spend some time with the wife this evening.

Jedi D.
Thanks, I will check out your review!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
I have my unit and will install this weekend. I have reviewed the instructions on AM's web site ... and the unit itself seems pretty straight forward to install.

I am wondering though ... are there any good instructions on running the wires for the antenna and camera? I don't have lots of experience ripping out interior trim, etc. and what I have read is "just run it under the <blank> and under the <blank> and you're done".

Does anyone know of anything more detailed than that? I want a nicely finished job and don't want to end up with something that looks like crap. I am sure it's probably all pretty simple in the end ... once you've done it once.

Thanks.
Awesome! You're going to love the Raxiom Nav. I installed this set up in my 2011 GT and absolutely love it! It was extremely simple to install, works great and it looks just like factory.

Check out my review on our Blog! AM Employee Installs Raxiom's NEW GPS Navigation for 2010+ Mustangs | AmericanMuscle.com Mustang Blog

There's no real easy way to explain how to run the GPS antenna and back up camera. However, Raxiom is in the process of writing a detailed installation guide for these two parts of the Nav! I'm going to check with Raxiom and see how far along this is and if it's completed I'll shoot you a PM with a link.

Our customer service team can also walk you through any steps you need assistance with. Feel free to give them a call, they can be reached at the contact information in my signature!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Awesome, appreciate everyone's help. It almost sounds like it makes sense to run those wires first?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

OK, does anyone have pictures on mounting and running the camera wires? I have the trunk trim off, and was going to run the wire through the spot where the license plate lamps are ... but how do I get the wire though there?
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

OK, I see where I can run the wire into the trunk via the unused grommet behind the drivers side tail light ... BUT ... how do I feed that big-ass plug through the license plate bulb housing? Am I missing something?
Apprentice

Remove the passenger side tail light and run the wire through there is a extra grommet there with no wires in it use that one to bring it back in the trunk

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS 3:73 gears Roush Axle Backs Barton Shifter and Two Post Bracket JLT oil separator passenger and driver side Chrome shift knob with Barton chrome boot retainer
Apprentice

Here is a pic of camera wire running
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	765.3 KB
ID:	283321  

Apprentice

Wire ran to tail light through extra grommet I zip tied the wire to existing wires and sliced thru grommet make sure u use electrical tape on the plug ins so they don't come loose later
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	516
Size:	517.4 KB
ID:	283329  

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I am going to try and drill just a corner of the license plate bulb housing ... less damage to the car if I ever remove the camera. Once I had that light housing out, that became apparent.
Apprentice

Drill hole and notch black plastic trim
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	547
Size:	665.6 KB
ID:	283337  

Apprentice

This is how I drilled my hole and then notched black trim around wire don't screw with the lights not necessary

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	746
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	283345  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page