2014 Mustang GT Twin Turbo - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

2014 Mustang GT Twin Turbo

Hi all!
New to the forum here, but I just wanted to know something.
I was checking up on American muscle for performance parts for my brothers 2014 mustang. I saw that they have a twin turbo kit from hellion. Just wanted to know some feed back y'all on weather it's worth the money or not.

Link to the kit:
Hellion Mustang Twin Turbo - Complete Kit 11-14 GT Twin Turbo Kit (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping 11-14 GT Twin Turbo Kit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013
PONY Member

That kit will make MASSIVE power. Unless you know what you are doing, I would go with a supercharger kit. Turbo setups are hard to install correctly and keep up on a daily driver. They are great if you know what you are doing though.

2011 Black 5.0 GT/CS manual, Tech pkg, HID, Comfort pkg
1/4"wheel spacers, GT500 exhaust, AEM intake, BAMA tune, Amsoil

1995 5.0 cobra clone. BBK full exhaust, BBK intake, 70mm throttle body. (sold)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

If going TT get the Lund kit.

I wouldnít go TT unless I was looking for over 1000hp and ready to spend $50,000+ to get it (whole car needs to be modded).

You can make enough power to break the block with most of the superchargers out there, they are less expensive, easier to live with and easier to install too.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
If going TT get the Lund kit.

I wouldnít go TT unless I was looking for over 1000hp and ready to spend $50,000+ to get it (whole car needs to be modded).

You can make enough power to break the block with most of the superchargers out there, they are less expensive, easier to live with and easier to install too.
I know someone that is at almost 1100 with the Lund kit... Car really goes... low 9s and 8s

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013
Apprentice

Saw this Turbo kit at SEMA;

Motiva Performance | Armageddon Twin Turbo System for 2011-2014 Mustang GT and BOSS 302

Awesome kit.

Mike

2013 Mustang GT, 6M, 3.73, Brembo Pack...AED Tune, Airaid CAI, SW Retro Exhaust
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrcr View Post
Man, no expense spared on that thing!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013
Apprentice

If your car is not set up for the turbo with heavy engine work I don't see the motor lasting lost unless you tune the thing down to like 600 hp range then you'll only be making the same as a supercharger set up with but you'll have WAY more lag and you'll only make power after 5000 rpm. The supercharger makes power at 2500 rpm look at a dyno chart from a turbo car then a supercharger car, you'll see what the deal is.

2011 GT, Coil overs, Headers Back, 20x9 front, 20x10 back, Intake, Tune, SCT Livewire.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgoins View Post
Man, no expense spared on that thing!
Agreed.

I was really happy to learn that Kooks manufactured the turbo manifolds. The entire kit is quality through and through.

Mike

2013 Mustang GT, 6M, 3.73, Brembo Pack...AED Tune, Airaid CAI, SW Retro Exhaust
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013
Apprentice

How do people afford these kits!?!
I would love to buy the Armageddon kit but to invest 1/3 of the purchase price of the car makes me miss my focus lol

2014 GT MT, Track Package, Recaros
Magnaflow Competition Catback, Barton STS w/ 2-Post Bracket, Eibach Multi-Pro-R1 Coilovers, UPR Race Panhard Bar & Brace, SCT Livewire BAMA Tuned, Steeda Ultimate Adjustable Sway Bar Kit, BMR LCA's w/ Spherical Bushings & Relocation Brackets, BMR UCA Mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page