Rough idle after cold start throttle blip? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Rough idle after cold start throttle blip?

So leaving work last night I accidentally hit the throttle with my foot just after starting the car. The engine only revved about 500rpm, then started idling rough to the point it was shaking the entire car. I assume some gas wasn't immediately burned off, but I have never seen a new car do that (337 miles). Anybody else ever had this and is it something to have checked out?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Take it in to the Ford dealer or wait to see if it does it again,might be just a one time thing,these Mustangs do strange things sometimes.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013
Apprentice

That's happened to me a couple times. I asked the dealer about it and they didn't have an answer

Black 2011 GT Premium Coupe: | J&M Adjustable Panhard bar | 3" custom H-pipe, resonator delete, Flowmaster Outlaws | JLT catchcan | Roush CAI
--------------
Black 2007 GT/CS Convertible - SOLD!: | 18" Chrome Bullitt Wheels | 255/45/18 Riken tires | FRPP K-springs | FRPP shocks/struts | FRPP Rear Sway Bar with billet end links | Saleen Front Sway Bar | Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates | BMR Adj. Panhard Bar | BMR LCAs + relo brackets | JLT Intake | Tuned by BAMA | Flowmaster axle back |

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013
PONY Member

Was it cold when this happened? I noticed on mine that no matter how soon after starting, if I touch the throttle the engine will come off high idle immediately. My car will still idle smooth, but it is always warm where I live. Maybe the engine was not warm enough to run stable when it went to a standard idle speed after you touched the throttle. You would think that if the car had to high idle to be stable when cold starting that it it would remain there no matter what until it was warm enough, but maybe it doesn't. I am just guessing here.

2013 Red Candy Metallic GT Premium Coupe
Black Leather, 6MT, Comfort Package, Brembo Package, 3.55 Axle
Borla Touring axle back, Suntec CXP 45% window tint, Eibach Pro-Kit, Steeda Strut Mounts, Rear Upper Control Arm and Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets, Energy Suspension Shifter Bushing
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus5 View Post
So leaving work last night I accidentally hit the throttle with my foot just after starting the car. The engine only revved about 500rpm, then started idling rough to the point it was shaking the entire car. I assume some gas wasn't immediately burned off, but I have never seen a new car do that (337 miles). Anybody else ever had this and is it something to have checked out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Take it in to the Ford dealer or wait to see if it does it again,might be just a one time thing,these Mustangs do strange things sometimes.
Hello Exodus5,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. As 5.0 Coyote mentioned, you should bring your vehicle in to your Ford Dealer and have them check it out. Also, Iíd like to get this escalated to the customer service manager of your area. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page