2014 stang gt basic stereo - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2014 stang gt basic stereo

Ok, I posted here before but not on this section. I read quite a bit about the stereo. I was planing to change out the stereo, but now I see the options I'm kind of want to keep the stock head. I have sync. I also have the basic sucky 4- 5x7 speakers. I'm looking at the jbl ms8. Has anyone install it with the sync that has Bluetooth and usd and aux connections? I am wanting to keep those 3..

Black 2014 Mustang GT Base
MRT Boss H Pipe, QTP(with wireless), KOOKS Side Pipe, W/O Resonators, FRS QUADS, Pro-Cal Tune
GT500 Valence, MMD Window Pannels Kenwood Excelon DDX9903S
2 Alpine PDX-V9
2 Alpine SBR-S8
Morel Elate 6.5"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013
Apprentice

I used a JL Audio clean sweep. I'm running the stock head unit with an amp for the mids and highs and one for the subs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013
PONY Member

I also have a clean sweep and considered replacing it with the MS8, however it seems that all processors with the auto tune function suffer the same problem. The problem I have with the clean sweep is the JL volume control, When using the JL volume control with the factory head unit at the calibrated volume level it sounds great, however if you like to use the factory steering wheel controls or factory HU control with the JL VC disconnected then the audio will sound a bit weird, muddy at low levels.

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013
GT Member

I just replaced the fronts this morning w/ these below. 1.5 hour install and a HUGE sound difference!

Amazon.com: Pioneer TSD6802R 6 X 8 2-Way 260 Watt Speakers: Car Electronics

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yes those are one of the best 6x8 ever made, but they should be hook up to a amp.. But i don't want to run 6x8. I'm want to run dynaudio or something in that nature, I need someone to post pics or find me a thread on how to hook up a jbl ms8 to a basic sound 2014 gt

MRT Boss H Pipe, QTP(with wireless), KOOKS Side Pipe, W/O Resonators, FRS QUADS, Pro-Cal Tune
2 Alpine PDX-V9
2 Alpine SBR-S8
Morel Elate 6.5"
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013
PONY Member

An MS8 will hook up the same as any line level converter, you simply run your speaker level to the MS8 then RCA's to your amps.

One word of warning though if you switch away from 6x8's it can be a pain in the ass to get the speakers to fit. I installed Image dynamics 6.5 components and it took multiple redesigns to get them to fit and not bottom out on the door panel at full excursion.

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm thinking of installing these in the rear and then mounting 6x9s. They'll add some depth to the speakers but I think there's plenty of room back there. Also, once they're mounted (same as mounting speakers), you can easily swap out 6x9s, if you desire.

Xscorpion SP-AD6957 6"x9" to 5"x7" or 6"x8" Speaker Adapter

I have the Pioneer TS-D6802R in the front. They are far better than stock and the easiest speakers I've ever installed. But, they don't have the bass I'd like out of them.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
I just replaced the fronts this morning w/ these below. 1.5 hour install and a HUGE sound difference!

Amazon.com: Pioneer TSD6802R 6 X 8 2-Way 260 Watt Speakers: Car Electronics
I clicked on the link you provided and it said that these speakers do not fit the mustang?

Did you amp these speakers?

2012 5.0 Brembo, AED Performance Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 AB, 3.73, Airaid cai, GT500 SW :yelpleased:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Mustang GT|GT500 AB |FRPP Tune|6A
2010 Rav4 V6 | 07 Mazdaspeed3| 04 SRT4| 99 GSXR 750
2012 Camaro SS L99 Gone and forgotten
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
I'm thinking of installing these in the rear and then mounting 6x9s. They'll add some depth to the speakers but I think there's plenty of room back there. Also, once they're mounted (same as mounting speakers), you can easily swap out 6x9s, if you desire.

Xscorpion SP-AD6957 6"x9" to 5"x7" or 6"x8" Speaker Adapter

I have the Pioneer TS-D6802R in the front. They are far better than stock and the easiest speakers I've ever installed. But, they don't have the bass I'd like out of them.
You need a amp..

2 Alpine PDX-V9
2 Alpine SBR-S8
Morel Elate 6.5"
PONY Member

There are lots of links for Infiinity and Pioneer speakers that are vast improvements over the stockers. Also pics of various installs and opinions.

These work great in my base 2012 GT and are only $78 per pair shipped from Amazon

Infinity 6829CF 300W (Peak) 6 x 8 / 5 x 7 -Inch 2-Way Speakers (Pair)
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I was looking at the Alpine KTP-445U amp. I'm not looking to spend a whole bunch on my sound and this has good reviews. I figure this (or something close to it) and the 6x9s would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0ben View Post
I clicked on the link you provided and it said that these speakers do not fit the mustang?
Amazon seems to think a lot of speakers don't fit the Mustang. I have these same speakers in my doors and they fit perfectly in my '13 even though Amazon says they don't fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page