2012 GT front end popping noise - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2012 GT front end popping noise

Hey everyone, I have a 2012 GT non brembo that keeps making a popping noise while i turn during slow speeds. It will also do it while i hit a pot hole. Ive already replaced the strut mounts while i put in some Steeda struts, I used Oem Ford ones, My setup is Steeda pro action struts and Ford racing P springs, After i did the strut and mount install it was good and quiet, Probably 400 miles later it started making the popping sound. End links loose maybe? Thanks in advance

2012 Ebony GT 400a , mt 82, Roush cai, Pypes bomb muffler delete, Ford Racing procal w/tune, C/S frontfascia/Boss spliter, FRpp matte black wheels, reaonator delete, matte black stripes, Frpp p springs

1993 LX convertible.5.0 5speed, bbk cai,bbk longtubes, bbk offroad xpipe, flowmaster catback, pro 50 shifter, SVE udp's,gt40p heads, PP typhoon intake manifold, Frpp b springs, sve uca/lca's, AM cobra,r,wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

It's probably your strut mounts. OEM Ford = the suck. Get some GT500's or some camber plates.

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013
PONY Member

what tires are you using and how cold is it near you?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013
Rookie

I'm having the same problem: Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium Brembo, 22k miles, with the factory Pirelli's. Ford replaced the front lower left control arm, but it's still noisy. On the highway, fine..but on any secondary road the front suspension sounds like a tin can full of rocks. If this were an older car, I'd suspect a loose/broken shock or shackle. Back to the dealer this coming Thursday, so we'll see. No problems with the engine, but that crappy Chinese six-speed was a real bad idea. After warranty, it's on to a Tremec. For what we were forced to pay for these cars, I expected a bit more 'roadability' in this area.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyaw View Post
I'm having the same problem: Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium Brembo, 22k miles, with the factory Pirelli's. Ford replaced the front lower left control arm, but it's still noisy. On the highway, fine..but on any secondary road the front suspension sounds like a tin can full of rocks. If this were an older car, I'd suspect a loose/broken shock or shackle. Back to the dealer this coming Thursday, so we'll see. No problems with the engine, but that crappy Chinese six-speed was a real bad idea. After warranty, it's on to a Tremec. For what we were forced to pay for these cars, I expected a bit more 'roadability' in this area.
Hi enyaw,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I recommend bringing it back to your dealer and have it checked. Your service manager is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know what happens.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page