video of 2012 GT JLT intake sound (before/after) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

video of 2012 GT JLT intake sound (before/after)

Just installed my first breather mod.

JLT intake + bama tune

Install was super easy, even if you're a total noob at installing stuff on cars. Just make sure you have the t-20 torx wrench for the MAF sensor.

Also, do NOT turn your car on after installing this without the tune installed. My car made all sorts of popping noises and the revs were ALL messed up until i put the tune in. I just simply forgot that I didnt install the tune.

here's my video:

2012 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 JLT intake engine rev - YouTube

2012 GT Premium - some mods are on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
Site Sponsor

Great video clip ezpotato! Gotta love how easy it is to install a CAI/Bama tune on your Mustang and pick up 30+ HP!

How do you like power increase and throttle response? Have you gotten a chance to rip the car around and test it out yet?

Thanks for your feedback!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

yes I was going to do a brief review.

FIrst of all, I ordered this from AM late last week, and it was at my house yesterday, a day earlier than anticipated (Kudos to AM and UPS!)

The gains are absolutely noticeable. Even in the mid range, there is way more buildup and i am peeling out my tires a lot more than usual. I wish I could dyno it before and after, just to see the HP and TQ curve change, because that was the most noticeable change was how the power was delivered. I am on a 93 Octane Bama Performance Tune, and even the 87 street map does wonders.

This was the BEST 600$ i've ever spent on a car, esp since this is NA. I cant believe an NA car sees this much gain from a tune. Up next is exhaust and Boss 302 Manifold.

2012 GT Premium - some mods are on

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpotato View Post
yes I was going to do a brief review.

FIrst of all, I ordered this from AM late last week, and it was at my house yesterday, a day earlier than anticipated (Kudos to AM and UPS!)

The gains are absolutely noticeable. Even in the mid range, there is way more buildup and i am peeling out my tires a lot more than usual. I wish I could dyno it before and after, just to see the HP and TQ curve change, because that was the most noticeable change was how the power was delivered. I am on a 93 Octane Bama Performance Tune, and even the 87 street map does wonders.

This was the BEST 600$ i've ever spent on a car, esp since this is NA. I cant believe an NA car sees this much gain from a tune. Up next is exhaust and Boss 302 Manifold.
ezpotato,

Great to hear your feedback! The way the power is delivered from a Bama tune is my favorite part also. It's that neck breaking torque, which puts a smile on my face.

Looks like you're headed down the right route! I highly suggest LT headers and a catless Xpipe to be paired with the Boss Manifold. It tends to shine much better throughout the power band this way. Especially up top!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014
Apprentice

Awesome video, Thanks for the post… Im still in-between the Steeda and JLT only because of cost.

2011 Candy Metallic Red Mustang GT/CS
Flowmaster 40 Exhaust, Steeda Cat Delete, Steeda CAI, 93 Bama/Steeda Tune, 275/40/19 BFG Gforce Sport Comp 2 on stock CS rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page