Tire Question…... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Tire Question…...

So this morning I got a flat, tried to repair it at a professional tire shop and they just couldn't. They said the hole was way to big and that neither a plug or patch was able to seal it "fml" /: . So to make the long story short I found a seller who's got a set of bridgestone pontenza runflats 285/40/19 for 120 each (brand new). Im currently running SVE drifts 19x9.5 would those tires fit on the rear?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013
PONY Member

yes they will fit fine

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013
GT Member

$120 each, did I read that correctly? seems really cheap.......

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
$120 each, did I read that correctly? seems really cheap.......

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
+1............run flats are usually $400 plus each.

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfitness View Post
So this morning I got a flat, tried to repair it at a professional tire shop and they just couldn't. They said the hole was way to big and that neither a plug or patch was able to seal it "fml" /: . So to make the long story short I found a seller who's got a set of bridgestone pontenza runflats 285/40/19 for 120 each (brand new). Im currently running SVE drifts 19x9.5 would those tires fit on the rear?
IMHO...find another tire shop......patches come in a variety of sizes & unless the core is damaged or its near the corner of the tread, its patchable.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

Garage
Everyone that I ever knew that had run flats got rid of them. They all said the ride was terrible.

Howelldaddy
89 LX Notch: Floo-Tek 5.0X heads, GT-40 intake, B-303 cam, Dynamic 3800 converter, 4.10:1 gears & lots of suspension work. 12.50 @ 106.42 MPH.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013
PONY Member

I had run flats on my last 3 BMW's. I don't have many potholes around here but if you hit a big one you'll think your car ws totaled, They are hard as rocks. They wear pretty quick and the sidewalls can and do bubble. Not a big fan.

2012 Mustang 5.0 - 2002 Focus ZTW - 2012 Kia Soul - 1969 Mustang GT
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013
Californicajun

I take it you didn't get the road hazard warranty...?? I did and just woke up to a flat 2 weeks ago. Small side wall split about 2 inches long and I didn't hit a thing. Brought the wheel to the Ford dealership and they replaced it with a new one, no charge.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howelldaddy View Post
Everyone that I ever knew that had run flats got rid of them. They all said the ride was terrible.
+1

I had Goodyear Eagle1 Runflats on my Corvette. NOISY and a really HARD ride. I switched out to Michelin Power Sports (at about $400 each) and it was a definite improvement over the Goodyears. But they were still noisier and a harder ride than non-runflats. It's just the nature of the beast because of the steel reinforcement they have in the tire.

2012 5.0 GT - 6MT82 - Sterling Gray - Premium Sports Interior - Comfort Package - 18" Polished Aluminum Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page