so i bought the CS fog light kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

so i bought the CS fog light kit

Well I bought the CS fog light kit and am planning to retrofit it to my gt mustang and delete my stock gt foglamps. Is it possible to add in a 55w HID kit with 6k bulbs (main reason i want HID's is because the stock halogens look yellowish and I want pure whitish blue 6k spectrum) and will this be safe for the stock housing? What about wiring harnesses? I prefer not to cut anything, has anyone retrofitted a aftermarket hid kit to the CS light assembly and not had to splice wires?

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Forgestar CF5's /w Michelin PSS tires, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, Bama 93R Tune, Borla S Catback, DSS Alum driveshaft, BMR springs, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relo brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013
PONY Member

Don't think you can add a HID fog kit without butchering up the harness unless it comes with some kind of adapters as you have to add ballasts and power wires at minimum. Have you tried looking for a LED replacement bulb for the fog kit? that should be plug and play and you should be able to find them in a closer color spectrum. (6k gets a little blue 5K is fairly white)

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

I have the CS/boss valance with fogs, and I think I read on another forum that the housing will handle the HID's, not sure if that guy had to cut his harness though

2012 GT Premuim A/T Sterling Gray, Loaded, Tinted, Steeda 93 Tune, JLT Oil catch can, 12" MTX Sub, CHE LCA's, GT500's, Boss/CS Lower Fascia W/foglights.
2011 V6 M/T traded for 2012 GT
2007 GT M/T traded for CRV

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013
Rookie

Here's an install guide from stangmods and their conversion. I don't know if all kits are plug and play, but the kit they sell is. This is for the factory fog lights, but they also sell the H11 HID conversion for the C/S fog lights.

Installing StangMods HID Foglight Conversion On 2010-2012 Mustang GTs | StangMods Official BlogStangMods Official Blog

Here's their kit info: 2010-12 Mustang HID Foglight Kit from StangMods
Hope this helps some.

Mike

Last edited by mikenjulie2; 12-30-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: more info
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013
GT Member

There was no butchering of anything with my kit. Bought the kit for the 9145 stock GT bulbs, found a place under the rad shroud and mounted the ballasts on some home-fabbed 90 degree brackets and plugged everything in to one light socket for power to the ballasts. No problem and completely reversible, not that I'd ever want to.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

thanks guys.. I went ahead and installed my CDC upper foglight delete grille today, and hooked up the harnesses and everything is definatly plug and play, no wire splicing is needed. But will wait till Saturday when my roush lower grille delete arrives before I worry about installing the fogs as I don't want to have to do the same labor twice.

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Forgestar CF5's /w Michelin PSS tires, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, Bama 93R Tune, Borla S Catback, DSS Alum driveshaft, BMR springs, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relo brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page