Keep the J&M LCAs? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Keep the J&M LCAs?

So I purchased these lower control arms about a month or two ago for the '14 GT and have since purchased bmr relo brackets, j&m adjustable panhard bar, and bmr springs. I am waiting to get all of the pieces including the bmr upper control arm and bracket, shocks, and strut mounts before I install it all but, after reading such terrible stories about the j&m lcas self destructing I am nervous about keeping them. Its hard enough to get the cash together and convince my wife to get parts that I don't want to install these come summer and find out not only did they break apart but then I am hosed and unable to get a new set of lcas. Am I just being paranoid lol (the internet is so powerful and convincing) or should I try and return them or if I have to sell them and pick up say a set of bmr lcas with a few more bucks?

'14 GT Bama 93r, JLT CAI

to be installed:
| J&M LCAs | J&M Panhard Bar | BMR Relo Brackets | BMR Springs

in cart to purchase:
| Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts | BMR Upper Control Arm and Mount | MGW Shifter |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013
GT Member

????

I have only ran BMR and I never had anyone that I know tell me about J&M failing.

Kelly Aiken "The BMR Mustang Guy" is great to deal with and is here on the Forum.

You can look and see all my Post concerning BMR.
I still have BMR on my car since 2008.
I have taken massive pot holes just within a MM or 2 of bottoming out the whole suspension and they never broke. The bushing took it all and I replaced them in about 20 minutes a side taking my time. It was just the lower bushing not the body side of the arm. I always say if had the factory ones I would have lost control and I was running 65 in a 70. This happen about 1 3/4 year ago with 38,000 miles on the arms.

T Wayne

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Oh yea Kelly has been awesome. Got a great deal on the relo brackets and springs!

I think my biggest concern is actually getting everything installed by my local performance mustang shop paying the cost of that and then hitting the track and having them fail under load. I know the AM guys have it on one of there project cars and I saw some good reviews plus a great price but I would rather pay the bmr cost on a better set and have that peace of mind.

Maybe I should stop reading all of the posts regarding lcas and just install them and see.

'14 GT Bama 93r, JLT CAI

to be installed:

in cart to purchase:
| Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts | BMR Upper Control Arm and Mount | MGW Shifter |

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013
Site Sponsor

I'd rock the J&M's if I were you.

If you ever have an issue, you know my number.

Have fun!

T.Wayne, thanks for the kind words. It truly means alot.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
I'd rock the J&M's if I were you.

If you ever have an issue, you know my number.

Have fun!

T.Wayne, thanks for the kind words. It truly means alot.
Absolutely thanks! Have a great New Year!

'14 GT Bama 93r, JLT CAI

to be installed:

in cart to purchase:
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I had them on my '07 with no problems and I have them on my '11 now with no problems. These are the ones that I'm running now.

2005-Pres Street/Race Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms - J&M Products

just remember to grease them with the proper grease.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the positive news. I have just the regular (non extreme) lca's hopefully will be fine for now. Should I use the grease they sent with them or should I buy some?

'14 GT Bama 93r, JLT CAI

to be installed:

in cart to purchase:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmchiz View Post
Thanks for the positive news. I have just the regular (non extreme) lca's hopefully will be fine for now. Should I use the grease they sent with them or should I buy some?
Use the grease they sent. It for that type of bushing.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page