Ford Racing Track Pack Wheels - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Ford Racing Track Pack Wheels

Hey all, need some advice.

I have a 2014 Mustang GT/CS on stock 245/45/19 8.5 tires/wheels. I thinking of picking up a set of these Ford Racing Track Pack 9 inch wheels. After research, I've found that the 245/255 series tires are the compatible sizes for the 9" rims. I know that these wheels came factory with the 255's tires, but American Muscle states the the 245's tires will work just fine, and that they sell their 9" wheels with 245's....I just don't want to sell my 245's since they only have 6,000 miles on them.

My question is, since my Mustang GT obviously doesn't have the track pack suspension that's tuned for the 9" wheels, will I experience and negative handling characteristics with these on my standard GT setup, or am I just being anal and reading too much into tech. specifications? Will the fitment by proper? Will the wheels stick out the side further? Since the wheels are wider, am I more likely to experience tread cupping on the outer blocks?

Sorry for the "noob" questions, but my aftermarket wheel purchases have always been exact size replacement of existing factory tires.

Thanks!

Jedi D.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M_1007KIT_DC199B__26274_1359513875_1280_1280.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	304689  

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
GT Member

I would not think that you would have any issues with fitup or cupping or handling. However, How much are you going to spend on those rims? I think they are like almost 400 bucks each. There might be some track pack rims in the classified section of this website for much less. But they are likely grey/silver and not black. And if your going to spend 300 to 400 a rim then you should consider other options for lighter and better rims for the same or less. Just my opinion.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
GT Member

I guess they are much cheaper than I thought. Looks like about 836 for all four including sensors. That is not a bad price at all. Now I wish I had black ones instead.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
GT Member

You are unlikely to find any issues, it's a factory fitment and the extra width is mostly inboard. You bought a Cali Special so, I doubt you're a track rat pushing for the last 1/100th of a G in cornering so, you'll be happy. The wheels look good but they are heavy and 19" tires are very pricey, be aware. Honestly, 255s are just vertical off the rim so 245s may look a little sunken in towards the tread but,you already have them, go for it. These wheels are 200 bucks each so, hard to go too far wrong. Paint quality is you get what you pay for, though.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

I agree with the above guy- if it were me, I'd look at a set of lightweight 18x10 wheels for all four corners, and run a 275/40/18 tire. Those track pack/Brembo wheels are HEAVY beasts. You can drop about 12 pounds of rotating, unsprung weight (the worst kind!) at each corner by going to lighter wheels. If you like the look of 19's, go 19x10 all around instead, and run a 275/35/19 or 275/40/19.

Here are a couple wheels I have used with success, and I imagine they are in the same price range as the track pack wheels.

Forgestar F14 18X10" ET42 Wheel (5x114.3) - Vorshlag LLC

D-Force LTW5 18X10" Racing Wheel, Mustang (S197, 5x114.3) - Vorshlag LLC

and the whole page of wheels-
Racing Wheels - High Performance and Racing Parts - Vorshlag LLC

Edit- just looked at the price for those wheels, and they're pretty cheap! Not bad- definitely less expensive than anything I posted. I would at least run a 255 on a 9" wheel though- 245 will start to have a stance nation vibe

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Thank you for all the input....going to take my time and think this through!

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
I'm leaning towards getting these since they will allow for a future upgrade to Brembo brakes and larger tires. Will these rims with my 245/45/19's installed affect my speedometer reading at all??

Thanks again!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
I'm leaning towards getting these since they will allow for a future upgrade to Brembo brakes and larger tires. Will these rims with my 245/45/19's installed affect my speedometer reading at all??

Thanks again!
nope- as long as you retain your stock tire height, your speedo isn't affected

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
Apprentice

The diameter of the track pack and your GT/CS wheels are 19 in so he speedometer will be ok.

2012 Mustang GT CS / Performance White / Black Leather / 302-MT82 / 3.73 / HID lamps and fogs / Bama tune / K&N air filter
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Thanks for the help everyone....the order goes in this evening!

Jedi D.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page