Recent got '11 GT, having MT82 whine problems - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekopel View Post
sounds like me and nickyoobatz have the same issue but at different noise levels...let me know what you come up with too
I also recommend bringing it in to your dealer and speaking to your service manager about this noise, ekopel. He is in the best position to look into this for you and can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or customer satisfaction programs that may apply to your vehicle.

Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Deysha, sent you a PM.

2011 GT Premium 401a

UPR Oil Seperator | Borla S-Type Axle-backs | Bilstein Struts/shocks | GT500 Strut mounts | BMR Springs | BMR UCA | BMR LCA's w/ relocation brackets | BMR Panhard bar | MGW Race Spec | Dark Stainless SVE Drifts w/ Nitto 555's | JLT CAI | Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X-pipe | Tuned by Kevin @ Wicked Motorsports | 394whp/389ft lbs SAE | 12.74 @ 114 mph
Rookie

They had it for 3 weeks. I just picked it up and it sounded normal, drove 50 miles back home and bingo sounds exactly like when I took it in. Pretty disappointed about this. Car now has 6300 miles on it. I'll post a picture of the things they replaced but it was basically bearings that were scored. Next trip to the dealer I want a new tranny not a rebuild.

Apprentice

that is really frusterating. i hope your journey gets better! sounds like that is pretty common for the bearing replacement to not fix the problem.

EKOPEL
2011 GT 5.0 PREMIUM
3.73, MT82, Short Shifter, Dropped, Steeda Adj. UCA, UPR Catch Can, 20x11's and 275s, Roush Exhaust, Steeda CAI, 91S and 91R tunes, Hawk/Brembos 4 corners, Black tails, heads, markers, emblems, etc, 2k watts audio, nav, roush front end w/fogs, roush rear and side lowers, roush 6 line grill, 43k on odo, getting ready for FI in a few months...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufstang50 View Post
They had it for 3 weeks. I just picked it up and it sounded normal, drove 50 miles back home and bingo sounds exactly like when I took it in. Pretty disappointed about this. Car now has 6300 miles on it. I'll post a picture of the things they replaced but it was basically bearings that were scored. Next trip to the dealer I want a new tranny not a rebuild.
Possibly two things wrong then... If it consistently make noise, drive your 50 miles back again, ask for a loaner (a NICE loaner since you are being way too cooperative), and have them check the entire driveline. Maybe your rear end (pinion bearing, axle bearings, etc) are going out too. They fixed one, but not the other. See at least if the problem has changed in any way (ie, still whines, but at different speeds, loaded and unloaded, different pitch to the whine, etc...... Might also want to try a different dealership that has some real gear head technicians that race Mustangs and know all the ins-n-outs of the finer points of the driveline.
Rookie

It is completely quiet in 5th and 6th gear only gear 1 thru 4 so i don't think it is a rear end. It is also silent in neutral. Got an cel today too for bank 2 catalyst below threshold. All this on a 6000 mile car. Can the cat really be bad or is it an exhaust leak from my resonator delete? Beyond annoyed.
GT Member

All the cel means is that the rear o2 says things didn't really get warmed up in your drive cycle. A cheap code reader or a visit to AutoZone can scan and clear that. Then watch if it returns. I am always suspicious of low mileage performance cars. Tough to blame the oem when you don't know how the car was treated. I bet you find a lot of witness marks on bolts under that thing if you look.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Rookie

It was owned by a older guy that traded it on to the dealership he bought it from for a 2014 model just like it. Had 5600 miles when I got it. I think it was well taken car of. It is clean top to bottom, tires still have little nipple on them. I understand what you mean though.

So you don't think the code is legit? I have cleared it by unhooking the battery but it came back. I could have a bad cat right?
GT Member

Not likely. The cat has to last 100 k min so, unless it's been pounded by forced induction, ghost cam tunes, etc. it's probably a shaky O2 sensor. All the cat related warnings are just inferences drawn from O2 sensor data.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
PONY Member

Hey my BOSS has that whine slightly, I thought it was the SUPERCHARGER, LOL! My noise is very slight, almost not noticeable, I'll keep an eye on it if it worsens. I agree, my feeling was it was from the engine, such as a cam chain riding against the plastic guide, in other words, a functional 5.0 noise that would go away as parts wore in.

2013 BOSS 302 School Bus Yellow #1121
post #41 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Welp I have an appointment to drop the car off on Thursday. The service Manager said they've never dealt with an issue like this on any Mustangs, I'm not sure if that increases my chances of just getting a new trans altogether or if they'll go ahead with a rebuild lol.

2011 GT Premium 401a

UPR Oil Seperator | Borla S-Type Axle-backs | Bilstein Struts/shocks | GT500 Strut mounts | BMR Springs | BMR UCA | BMR LCA's w/ relocation brackets | BMR Panhard bar | MGW Race Spec | Dark Stainless SVE Drifts w/ Nitto 555's | JLT CAI | Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X-pipe | Tuned by Kevin @ Wicked Motorsports | 394whp/389ft lbs SAE | 12.74 @ 114 mph
Rookie

After my experience I would push for a new one. My rebuilt one is now louder than when I first dropped it off.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyoobatz View Post
Deysha, sent you a PM.
Thanks, nickyoobatz! Iíll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufstang50 View Post
Please stay in contact with your CSM, ufstang50.

Deysha
post #44 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Thanks, nickyoobatz! Iíll get back to you as soon as possible.

Please stay in contact with your CSM, ufstang50.

Deysha
Deysha, should I have called Ford about my transmission issue first? Or should I deal with the dealer first before doing that.

2011 GT Premium 401a

Rookie

Deysha, I have tried but she seems to be out of the office for a while. I am going to a different dealership tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page