my quick, cheap, "temporary" fix to the terrible cupholder location on 10-14 Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

my quick, cheap, "temporary" fix to the terrible cupholder location on 10-14 Mustang

I got really tired of not being able to use my cupholders and shift properly, so i had to find a cheap temporary fix that is easy to remove.

Went to OReilly's and picked up a 6$ console add on. It's ugly, doesnt sit 100% flush, but damn it's functional. Now I can place my phone there as well. Just slides in to place and the passenger seat holds it tight. My wife can sit in the seat but for long trips, I would obviously have to remove it, since it is kinda in the way. Luckily, i drive this car by myself most of the time

2012 GT Premium - some mods are on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014
Banned

Not bad. I wonder if you were to move it forward and velcro it to the side of the console, your wife could sit there without removing it.

By the way, really like that 401A interior!

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
Not bad. I wonder if you were to move it forward and velcro it to the side of the console, your wife could sit there without removing it.

By the way, really like that 401A interior!
my wife is pretty petite, but it just gets a little claustrophobic when you put items in it. she's fine with it around town ,but if we go on a long trip, i'll prob have to remove it... but that prob wont be often. moving it forward would be an option, but puts stuff al ittle out of reach for the driver, esp my phone if i'm navigating and not using my windshield mount

i havent thought about velcroing it because it stays in place very well, but if i decide to make it a "permanent" thing, i'll prob consider that.

i love my 401a interior, but man i wish i had recaros haha! thanks though!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpotato View Post
I got really tired of not being able to use my cupholders and shift properly, so i had to find a cheap temporary fix that is easy to remove.

Went to OReilly's and picked up a 6$ console add on. It's ugly, doesnt sit 100% flush, but damn it's functional. Now I can place my phone there as well. Just slides in to place and the passenger seat holds it tight. My wife can sit in the seat but for long trips, I would obviously have to remove it, since it is kinda in the way. Luckily, i drive this car by myself most of the time
I got two ultimate cupholders and put one on each side of the center console. They sit on top of my weather tech mats, so if there is a spill it is contained. I highly recommend them. The ones I got were for the E46 3 series.

BMW Cup Holders, Porsche Cup Holders, Ultimate Cup Holder - Cupholders / Drink Holders for BMW 3 5 7 Series, Boxster 911 Z4 Mercedes Audi NSX other fine cars.

2013 GT Premium. Deep Impact Blue / Charcoal 400A Recaro / Track Pack / Nav / Glass Roof / Reverse sensing / Backup Camera
VIN: 10 March 2012 / Window Sticker: 28 March 2012 / Build Date: 2 April 2012 / Picked Up: 19 April 2012
Mods: MSVTLA SVT Sport Axlebacks / MGW Shifter / JHR Clutch Line / Boss Shift Knob / GT500 Shift Boot / Better Speakers / Lots of Dynamat and Dynaliner / Rear: Koni Yellows, 55D Springs, BMR Panhard Bar / Front: Awaiting Spousal Approval

Last edited by Bizzaro; 03-30-2014 at 09:09 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Oh sweet. That looks legit. I'm gonna try it out.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014
Rookie

nice. i wanna go get one now lol.

2011 GT 5.0 Premium
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014
Rookie

hate having a drink in my car. shifting is a pain, this is a killer idea. velcro might be good too. .... or..... maybe use magnets behind the panel to keep it from having ugly velcro on the side of the panel.

2011 GT 5.0 Premium
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

It's a ghetto fix, but it works. Won't get you cool points. Glad I could be of some help. I'm gonna get one of those up holders too though

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzaro View Post
I got two ultimate cupholders and put one on each side of the center console. They sit on top of my weather tech mats, so if there is a spill it is contained. I highly recommend them. The ones I got were for the E46 3 series.

BMW Cup Holders, Porsche Cup Holders, Ultimate Cup Holder - Cupholders / Drink Holders for BMW 3 5 7 Series, Boxster 911 Z4 Mercedes Audi NSX other fine cars.

I have these also. They work great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Apprentice

Nice ideas. I too hate the cup holder and center storage release button locations. What were they thinking?

[b]2013 GT Premium,Red Candy, 6AT: GT500AB, FRPP tune.

-Democrats are cockroaches
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Two words: Beer Helmet

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

1 word: jail, but i like where your heads at

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page