Ford Racing Lug Nuts - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Ford Racing Lug Nuts

Hello all, just wondering if these open ended lug nuts are suitable with OEM/Brembo wheels?

Since I know someone will ask, Discount Tire beat the ever living hell out of my OEM capped ones.

Thanks!

2013 5.0 - Deep Impact Blue
Brembo, GT500 axle backs, Vogtland springs, GT500 shocks/struts, Laguna SECA transmission scoop, 3.31, Carbotech xp10/8, JLT brake ducts
TWS CCW: 2:03.02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

Yup they're fine. May I recommend a 17mm nut though??? Easier on the wheels as far as getting a socket in there goes.

I was sold these lug nuts for use with the ARP studs and D-Force/Forgestar wheels.

Vorshlag 17mm Hex 1/2-20 in. RH (UNF) Chrome Lug Nut - Vorshlag LLC

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Funny, I actually have those sitting in the backseat of my car. Funny how Vorshlag sends those long before the wheels...

Will those work with OEM brembos? Wasn't sure if they would seat properly. If I only need one set of nuts (har har...) that's even better.

Brembo, GT500 axle backs, Vogtland springs, GT500 shocks/struts, Laguna SECA transmission scoop, 3.31, Carbotech xp10/8, JLT brake ducts

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabongrob View Post
...Will those work with OEM brembos? Wasn't sure if they would seat properly. If I only need one set of nuts (har har...) that's even better.
Yes, they will work with the stock wheels.

Jason McDaniel - Motorsport Chassis Engineer - Team Vorshlag
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014
Banned

Just curious why you would want those over the chrome factory ones. Kinda ugly in comparison. Have you changed your studs to longer ones?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabongrob View Post
Since I know someone will ask, Discount Tire beat the ever living hell out of my OEM capped ones.
I don't really care what they look like. After I acquired my first couple of scratches, I stopped caring so much about what it looks like. Buddy of mine has an extra set of the Ford Racing ones, but now that I know the 17mm ones will hold OEM wheels, it will make them easier to remove without dicking up the wheels (already have), and I already own them. I'm a happy camper.

May swap out to ARP studs in the future. Unsure at this point in time. I understand it's cheaper (5 vs. 20) and more aesthetically pleasing to go with the chrome capped ones.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
Just curious why you would want those over the chrome factory ones. Kinda ugly in comparison. Have you changed your studs to longer ones?
Function.

-17mm socket is easier to use than 13/16"

-You can inspect studs and thread engagement with an open lug nut

-You can run the longer ARP studs

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page