What are the thoughts on the BMR A -arm brace? Any reviews? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

What are the thoughts on the BMR A -arm brace? Any reviews?

Looking through BMR's offerings, I see an A-arm brace. I'm not familiar with these and was wondering if anyone is running them and if they have noticed any benefit?

2005 - 2014 Mustang GT | A-Arm Support Braces | AAS001 - A-arm Support Brace | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014
Site Sponsor

I am surprised that no one has chimed in.

I have got thousands of these on the road.

That said, the difference is not going to be something that is noticeable each and every time that you hop into the vehicle.

These braces are designed to add stability to the K-Member / A-Arm system. Something that is very common, especially on the PRE 2008 S197 Mustangs...is change of alignment after hard abuse. There is an extreme amount of force placed on the rear legs of the K-Member, OEM and the BMR/Aftermarket pieces. This force can play a toll on the rigidity of that area, and can actually tweak the distance between the inner a-arm mounts....causing alingment variations. Caster, camber, and toe.

It is a good piece to have for $70.

Hope that helpe!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
I am surprised that no one has chimed in.

I have got thousands of these on the road.

That said, the difference is not going to be something that is noticeable each and every time that you hop into the vehicle.

These braces are designed to add stability to the K-Member / A-Arm system. Something that is very common, especially on the PRE 2008 S197 Mustangs...is change of alignment after hard abuse. There is an extreme amount of force placed on the rear legs of the K-Member, OEM and the BMR/Aftermarket pieces. This force can play a toll on the rigidity of that area, and can actually tweak the distance between the inner a-arm mounts....causing alingment variations. Caster, camber, and toe.

It is a good piece to have for $70.

Hope that helpe!
Is this Kelly?

Thanks for the no BS, straight up answer. At $70, you really cant go wrong. Its just that I hadnt seen this suspension mod previously and was curious about it.

Hey, I have another question, I have a mish-mash of suspension parts on my car and am thinking of replacing some of them with BMR stuff. Im sort of kicking myself for missing the 15% Christmas sale and last month's 10%. Are you able to say if BMR is getting ready to have another sale in the near future?

Im definitely looking to get LCA relocation brackets, the panhard brace, and the A-arm brace. Im also thinking of replacing my current panhard bar & LCAs.

Thanks again.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

Kelly does that z brace that connects the k member to the radiator support come on the pre 2011 cars?

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
Is this Kelly?

Thanks for the no BS, straight up answer. At $70, you really cant go wrong. Its just that I hadnt seen this suspension mod previously and was curious about it.

Hey, I have another question, I have a mish-mash of suspension parts on my car and am thinking of replacing some of them with BMR stuff. Im sort of kicking myself for missing the 15% Christmas sale and last month's 10%. Are you able to say if BMR is getting ready to have another sale in the near future?

Im definitely looking to get LCA relocation brackets, the panhard brace, and the A-arm brace. Im also thinking of replacing my current panhard bar & LCAs.

Thanks again.
No problem! Anytime!

As for the sales, it's going to be quite a long time before we have another one.

THAT said, our price changes are usually in late May, early June. That price change, combined with us about to release a new set of LCAs.....you are going to want to see this! I don't want to give anything away, but, you will be absolutely amazed at the price you will be able to pick up some BMR LCA/Relos - come about 2 months....

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamsh View Post
Kelly does that z brace that connects the k member to the radiator support come on the pre 2011 cars?
It does not. That Z Brace is there to support the "belly pan" / shield, whatever you would like to call it.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I had one of these on my last mustang. It was great I highly recommend it! BMR makes amazing quality parts.

2011 GT 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73 Performance White - Bama X4 V2 91P, On3 Performance OR/X, Res Delete, GT500 AB, Axle Exchange DS, AEM Intake, Full BMR Rear, Koni Yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, Steeda Tri-Ax, Many more...

1970 Mach1 351 Cleveland M Code Numbers Matching Gone 60 paint - 5 Speed Tremec, MSD Blaster, Flowmaster, Ram Air, Many more...

Previous - 2005 Mustang GT, 1995 F350, 2003 Ram 1500...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
No problem! Anytime!

As for the sales, it's going to be quite a long time before we have another one.

THAT said, our price changes are usually in late May, early June. That price change, combined with us about to release a new set of LCAs.....you are going to want to see this! I don't want to give anything away, but, you will be absolutely amazed at the price you will be able to pick up some BMR LCA/Relos - come about 2 months....
Thank you, that sounds fantastic.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I also had one on my 07 does make a difference.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page