2011 Mustang 5.0, RPM goes UP and DOWN? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 Mustang 5.0, RPM goes UP and DOWN?

Hello everyone.

This is my first post here. I am about to buy 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 with 30000 miles on it from a private party. So far the car had 5 precious owners and the basic warranty just expired. The car looks fantastic. Here are the specs:

5.0L Coyote V8 producing 412 factory hp, 6spd manual gearbox, AdvanceTrac traction control & sport mode, Active Anti Theft System, keyless entry, pwr seats/windows/mirrors, ambient interior illumination package included, optional 1000watt Shaker Audio System included (two 10" amplified subwoofers with custom box from the factory), Microsoft Sync wireless connectivity with additional aux & usb ports, cd player & Sirius sat radio. 20" Giovanni Wheels, Brembo Brake Package, Magna Flow Catback stainless steel exhaust system adding approx. 19hp (4" polished tips), tinted windows, HID headlamps & HID fog lamps with smoked lens covers, matte black tail light trim covers. Asking $25500.00

The only one concern I have is when I turn on the engine the RPM goes up and down just a little bit between 500 and 700. The car was inspected by Ford service and they didn't find anything wrong. On the papers everything looks perfect.
Does anyone have any suggestions what should be the issue. I have a deadline until Friday morning to decide if I am going to buy or no.
If I do not buy it, I will continue looking for 2010-2012 Shelby GT500.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikusa View Post
Hello everyone.

This is my first post here. I am about to buy 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 with 30000 miles on it from a private party. So far the car had 5 precious owners and the basic warranty just expired. The car looks fantastic. Here are the specs:

5.0L Coyote V8 producing 412 factory hp, 6spd manual gearbox, AdvanceTrac traction control & sport mode, Active Anti Theft System, keyless entry, pwr seats/windows/mirrors, ambient interior illumination package included, optional 1000watt Shaker Audio System included (two 10" amplified subwoofers with custom box from the factory), Microsoft Sync wireless connectivity with additional aux & usb ports, cd player & Sirius sat radio. 20" Giovanni Wheels, Brembo Brake Package, Magna Flow Catback stainless steel exhaust system adding approx. 19hp (4" polished tips), tinted windows, HID headlamps & HID fog lamps with smoked lens covers, matte black tail light trim covers. Asking $25500.00

The only one concern I have is when I turn on the engine the RPM goes up and down just a little bit between 500 and 700. The car was inspected by Ford service and they didn't find anything wrong. On the papers everything looks perfect.
Does anyone have any suggestions what should be the issue. I have a deadline until Friday morning to decide if I am going to buy or no.
If I do not buy it, I will continue looking for 2010-2012 Shelby GT500.
Man.. Hes asking a bit for it. I got my 2011 5.0 Yellow Blaze in March of 2013 with 12,000mi on it for 23-24K... Honestly, I wouldn't buy any one elses mods (I mean that as in buying the car with the mods on it already, I'll buy used parts sometimes lol) but thats just me.

As far as the idling is concerned, that's a normal characteristic of the car, mine does that and I've had no problems since I've gotten it. Now, if it was a dramatic fluctuation then I'd say that maybe theres a little bit of cleaning up to do under the hood.

I would mainly just be concerned with the oil changes and any other services that have been performed on the car. Does he have record of all services? Are they through Ford? If he just has receipts for the oil that he bought from Wal-Mart then I'd consider that a little sketchy.

The wheels on the other hand, some of the guys from the SVTPerformance forums have said that they are a very heavy wheel and one of them stated that the lower ball joint started squeaking after awhile on those wheels..

I'd be skeptical of the 5 previous owners in 30k miles too.

It's your money and your Mustang, all I'm doing is providing the info.

Good luck and welcome to the forums! Hope to see you stick around!

Whippled 2011 Mustang GT Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat * 2.9L Gen 3 Stage 3 Supercharger * 6MT * 3.73 * ARH Long Tubes and O/R H * SLP Loudmouth A/B * Lund Tuned * lowered 1.5in * MGW 1st gen Race-spec Shifter * Avant Garde M310s 20x9/20x10 with 265/35 Nitto 555s up front 315/35 INVOs in the back *

EXTREMELY fun daily driver!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveReckless010 View Post
I'd be skeptical of the 5 previous owners in 30k miles too.
Yeah that's a new owner every 6,000 miles, or every 9 months or so on average. That seems a bit odd.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
MACH I Member

I echo the concerns about five owners; something is off about that. Proceed with caution.

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
PONY Member

^^ all of the above^^

2014 GT- 3.73, MT 82, comfort pkg, roush a/b, f14 19x9/19x10 conti DW

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
GT Member

Run away fast. Way better deals to be had.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusman59 View Post
Run away fast. Way better deals to be had.
Agree- 5 owners unless it is something like dad to mom to sister type thing.......RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
Apprentice

Way to much price wise. Five owners should say all that is needed.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Yeah that's a new owner every 6,000 miles, or every 9 months or so on average. That seems a bit odd.
I concur... 5 owners with that few miles.... there has to be a reason outside of economic issues happening to the owners, unless they were all getting a divorce, or lost job, or new baby.

Why not save your $ and hold out for a 2015 Mustang 5.0 GT with an independent rear suspension? If you like the 2011-14's better, check Craigslist or Ebay and look at truecar.com for pricing out new ones versus used ones in your zip code.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks to everyone. I will not buy this car.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaman View Post
I concur... 5 owners with that few miles.... there has to be a reason outside of economic issues happening to the owners, unless they were all getting a divorce, or lost job, or new baby.

Why not save your $ and hold out for a 2015 Mustang 5.0 GT with an independent rear suspension? If you like the 2011-14's better, check Craigslist or Ebay and look at truecar.com for pricing out new ones versus used ones in your zip code.
Hey now, my wife and I are expecting our first one and there's no way in hell I'm giving up my dream car... lol even she told me that which made me feel like the luckiest man alive to have a woman like her! lol

Whippled 2011 Mustang GT Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat * 2.9L Gen 3 Stage 3 Supercharger * 6MT * 3.73 * ARH Long Tubes and O/R H * SLP Loudmouth A/B * Lund Tuned * lowered 1.5in * MGW 1st gen Race-spec Shifter * Avant Garde M310s 20x9/20x10 with 265/35 Nitto 555s up front 315/35 INVOs in the back *

EXTREMELY fun daily driver!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I prefer to stay with 2011-2014 body styles. They look more muscle than 2015 style. The new one looks more like Jaguar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page