Borla Exaust Install W/pic's & VID - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

Borla Exaust Install W/pic's & VID

Well I wish I could say this is my ride but it is not.
We have a new member BHARV a old friend of mine and this is his ride.
I was just helping him out by posting up he is in Columbus and I'm Cincinnati.
He completed the install at Wright Patterson Air Force Base today at the base automotive craft shop.

So lets welcome Brad and the nice job he did with his Borla "S" mufflers Axel Overs and X Pipe. He has some Tech. notes so again this is just to get him started.

Borla Exaust Install W/pic's & VID-img_7638.jpg

Borla Exaust Install W/pic's & VID-img_5232.jpg

MOV_3456.3gp

T Wayne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014
Rookie

Thanks for posting these for me T.Wayne. For the most part, it as a pretty straight forward install. I installed the Borla S-Type axle backs a couple years ago. It's not necessary to jack up the car to install them, but it would have been easier since there isn't much room and the awkward positions you have to contort to get the best leverage on the bolts.

I just installed the Borla X-Pipe and the Borla over axles. If you don't have access to a lift, I'd just take it somewhere (That's my advise, now. If you would have said that to me a couple weeks ago, I would have said "I can do it on jack stands." You need more clearance under the car, or you'll be swearing a lot.). I did the install at the Auto Hobby Shop on Wright Patterson Air Force Base. This made the install very easy. However, Borla states that the cat-back system is a direct replacement for the OEM system with no modifications necessary. I found this to be incorrect. The over axles were a perfect fit. The x-pipe needed some modification. I found the flared nipple pipes to be too long, and required to have about 1" cut off. This may be different for each car, as no car is exactly the same. I had everything installed loosely, except for where the x and over axles meet. I measured the overlap and that's how I figured how much to cut off. After the cut, make sure to take a half moon file to shave off the burs that are left on both the inside and outside of the flared nipple pipe. After the cuts were made, everything bolted up perfectly.

2012 Mustang GT - Race Red
Windows Tinted 35%, Boss 302 Front Fascia w/fog lights, 2012 Saleen Mustang Grille, Steeda CAI, Barton Short-Throw Shifter, Barton Shifter Bracket, Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks and Struts, Steeda Sport Lowering Springs, Adjustable Panhard Bar, Billet Aluminum LCAs, SCT X3 w/Steeda 93 tune.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Welcome aboard Brad. Most of us know what a stand up guy Terry is and I'm sure the same goes for any of his friends.
Btw, first class write up on the exhaust install. Made it sound so easy that even I could do it. Lol.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words Charlie, but Brad has a agenda to Whoop my 3V butt.
I'm pretty sure he is well on his way. LOL Me and Brad go back to our Armor and Infantry days back in the 90's. We deployed in 2005 supporting Operation Nobel Eagle/Enduring Freedom. Got Stopped Loss then got extended so a 1 year deployment turned into a 2 year ordeal. That was 1 of many. Oh well so is the Army. But we made some $$ and now enjoy our Pony Cars.

T Wayne

Last edited by T.Wayne; 04-06-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: edit
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wayne View Post
Me and Brad go back to our Armor and Infantry days
Then I sincerely apologize for the naval terminalogy, "Welcome aboard". Haha.

Terry, you got a build list in your profile? I gotta check that out if he's just "close" to you.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

I

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandGT View Post
Then I sincerely apologize for the naval terminalogy, "Welcome aboard". Haha.

Terry, you got a build list in your profile? I gotta check that out if he's just "close" to you.
I put in the Profile comments?? Yes I think Brad has me so I'm getting some????
Can't give away my Secret Plan Brad's watching

As far as the Naval terms we have deployed with them. We had some Teams assigned to us under our command when we closed out Iraq. That's about all I can say.

T Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page