2014 GT tire sizes - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
zduke95's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 6
 
2014 GT tire sizes

Hello all, I recently purchased my 2014 GT/CS. I am looking into getting new tires, or at least wider rear tires. I have the 19x8.5 California Special wheels and I am wondering what is the largest width tire i will be able to run on these wheels? Thank you.

zduke95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014
Apprentice
 
BullittSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Alpharetta
Posts: 117
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zduke95 View Post
Hello all, I recently purchased my 2014 GT/CS. I am looking into getting new tires, or at least wider rear tires. I have the 19x8.5 California Special wheels and I am wondering what is the largest width tire i will be able to run on these wheels? Thank you.
Check out post #12 on this thread for my write-up on my 275/40/19's on my 2014 GT/CS (Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2):

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ml#post5451514

My signature pic has the 275/40/19's. After 3,000 miles on my daily driver, I have had no problems whatsoever, and they handle much better than the stock Pirelli's.


2014 Mustang GT California Special/Deep Impact Blue/ 6-Speed Manual/3:73/Ordered 10-5-2013/Built 10-28-2013/Delivered 11-7-2013
Ford Racing ProCal Tune/K&N FRPP Air Filter/GT500 MGTCA1 Mufflers/JLT Oil Separator/Sound Tube Delete/BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 275/40/19's (all 4 corners on stock 8 1/2" rims)
BullittSS is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
zduke95's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 6
 
Thanks I appreciate it. I love your car, it looks great!
zduke95 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014
Apprentice
 
SirJAG's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 236
 
1 run 275/40/19 on all cornors too...no issues, much better traction than the stockers
SirJAG is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014
PONY Member
 
cpembach1's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Fairview
Posts: 416
 
2014 GT tire sizes

I don't know if this helps at all, but I just switched from 255/35/20 Nitto nt555 to Dunlop run flat 275/30/20 on my 20x8.5 front avant garde wheels. I helped the tech swap the tires, and the 275/30s fit even better, no bulge. I had my front wheels repaired once, which leads me to believe that maybe they added a half inch or an inch of width when fixing them. If this is not the case, I would think anyone would be fine running a 275 on an 8.5 wheel assuming the sidewall is not too fat.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
cpembach1 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014
Apprentice
 
kamakaz1961's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Newport Beach
Posts: 109
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullittSS View Post
Check out post #12 on this thread for my write-up on my 275/40/19's on my 2014 GT/CS (Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2):

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ml#post5451514

My signature pic has the 275/40/19's. After 3,000 miles on my daily driver, I have had no problems whatsoever, and they handle much better than the stock Pirelli's.
Hi BullittSS I read your thread and I posted a thread a couple of days ago regarding the stock tires. I am going to replace them and I have the Track Pack with Brembos. Additionally, I lowered the car with Eibach Pro Springs. Would you think the 275/40/19's affect the ride and handling or scrub the fenders? Would it handle better (bigger contact patch). Or should I stick with the stock 255-40/19's. Any input would be helpful

CJ
2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack, FRPP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton 2-Post Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro Springs, A&M Panhard Rod, Steeda CAI & Tune
Save the Manuals!
kamakaz1961 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014
Apprentice
 
BullittSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Alpharetta
Posts: 117
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakaz1961 View Post
Hi BullittSS I read your thread and I posted a thread a couple of days ago regarding the stock tires. I am going to replace them and I have the Track Pack with Brembos. Additionally, I lowered the car with Eibach Pro Springs. Would you think the 275/40/19's affect the ride and handling or scrub the fenders? Would it handle better (bigger contact patch). Or should I stick with the stock 255-40/19's. Any input would be helpful
Not having a lowered car or the Brembo package, I would hesitate to make a recommendation. My GT/CS stock tires were 245/45/19, with an overall diameter nearly identical to 275/40/19 (27.68" vs. 27.66"). Your 255/40/19's have an overall diameter of 27.03", a substantial difference, especially if you're lowering the car. I would defer to someone who has the Brembo package. As for handling, there is no question that it handles much better, but it's not all tread width -- the g-Force Sport COMP-2's are far superior to the Pirelli PzeroNero's or whatever they call them...

2014 Mustang GT California Special/Deep Impact Blue/ 6-Speed Manual/3:73/Ordered 10-5-2013/Built 10-28-2013/Delivered 11-7-2013
Ford Racing ProCal Tune/K&N FRPP Air Filter/GT500 MGTCA1 Mufflers/JLT Oil Separator/Sound Tube Delete/BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 275/40/19's (all 4 corners on stock 8 1/2" rims)
BullittSS is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1