2011 Mustang GT Auto Misfire - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 Mustang GT Auto Misfire

A brief history:

Noticed misfire. Engine light came on with codes P0302, P0304, and P0300. Replaced plugs with NGK Laser Iridium plugs from American Muscle gapped at 0.054". No help. Engine light again, same codes. Replaced coils with Accel Super Coils. No help. Took to Ford. Misfires in cylinders 1, 2, 4, & 5. Mainly 2 & 4 still. Had Ford perform TSB 13-6-15. No help.

Any ideas? Thinking of TSB 11-3-31 and/or replacing crank position sensor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWT96 View Post
A brief history:

Noticed misfire. Engine light came on with codes P0302, P0304, and P0300. Replaced plugs with NGK Laser Iridium plugs from American Muscle gapped at 0.054". No help. Engine light again, same codes. Replaced coils with Accel Super Coils. No help. Took to Ford. Misfires in cylinders 1, 2, 4, & 5. Mainly 2 & 4 still. Had Ford perform TSB 13-6-15. No help.

What else is done to your vehicle? Is the car tuned? What Mods? etc..

It sounds like you're taking all of the right steps to tackle this issue. But we would hate for you to keep chasing it around with no luck. With more information we can help you troubleshoot!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWT96 View Post
A brief history:

If your Mustang is stock I would take it back to Ford,there have been others that have had that misfire code,and that little O ring was the answer,Ford does have a TSB out on this I think.You can continue to throw money and parts at it but it won"t help till it is properly diagnosed,I would have a look at your crank sensor to see if rhat might be the problem,good luck.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
What else is done to your vehicle? Is the car tuned? What Mods? etc..

It sounds like you're taking all of the right steps to tackle this issue. But we would hate for you to keep chasing it around with no luck. With more information we can help you troubleshoot!

-Dan
Dan,

I have a BAMA tune and JLT CAI but this problem started before I installed those. I also have GT500 axle backs. I always flashed it back to stock before taking it to Ford. Ford claimed with the NGK plugs and Accel Coils that I just had too many aftermarket parts to help me. Thanks for your help and sorry it took so long to get back with you.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
If your Mustang is stock I would take it back to Ford,there have been others that have had that misfire code,and that little O ring was the answer,Ford does have a TSB out on this I think.You can continue to throw money and parts at it but it won"t help till it is properly diagnosed,I would have a look at your crank sensor to see if rhat might be the problem,good luck.
Thanks for the feedback. I already had Ford replace the o ring with TSB 13-6-15. So crank sensor replacement and PCM recalibration is all I could come up with so far.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Update

A quick update. Ford replaced crank position sensor. No luck. They also checked and confirmed my PCM was already recalibrated to the latest and greatest. Talked to Bama and they had me pull my strategy code. It was different than what my tuner was setup for. Got my new tunes Friday. New tunes don't drive as good as old ones. Going to call them this week.

Trying to pay closer attention to my misfire. Does it only sometimes at startup. The other thing I noticed is that it always happens shortly after shifting into 3rd gear. Not sure that is a "misfire" now. Anyone having issues with the automatics? Any ideas?

Can't wait for 15s. I might just get one of those if I can't fix this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page