Ford Mustang Forum banner

Adding extra fog lights to my GT?

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  wjbertrand 
#1 ·
So i want to ADD an extra set of fog lights to the lower bumper of my GT but still have the stock ones work as well. I know this is possible and have seen a few pictures with it like that but i can really find anything about doing it. I know the kits for lower fog lights just crimp right into the stock fog lights but they say to remove the stock ones. So can i just crimp right into them and leave the stock ones or do i need to beef up the wiring or what? Sorry if someone has mentioned this i cant find it.

#2 ·
If you want to do this properly, you would need to calculate the amp draw of both sets of lights together and then you can determine if the circuit wiring size, relay and fuse can handle it.

#3 ·
I agree with SteveGT. If I recall correctly fog lights take alot of juice, and I dont know if the same stock wiring would be able to handle two sets, unless the second set is a really low amp draw. I know on my Jeeps any lights I added it really drained the battery down. Combine that with a winch and on board air and your running dual batteries. I would definitely check first to see how much draw your going to be putting on that circuit.

#5 ·
This ^^^ I have that set up, but still need to get a relay and fuse set up to run both fogs, you can not run both at once, it will blow the fuse, without a relay for the power, one wire will go to the battery, to the relay, then the lights, and one wire will come from the stock fogs to the relay, back to the stock fogs, to switch the relay to turn on the other fogs. I don't have it all figured out, but that is the jist of it

#7 ·
I would use the stock fog light circuit to trigger a relay and then power the new fog lights from a new wire to the battery. Simple and avoids any risk of overloading the stock circuit. A suitable 12V 30-40A relay can be had for about $5 at any auto parts store. Don't forget to add a fuse to that new wire as close to the battery as possible.

#8 ·
This sounds like what i need to do, I dont know anything about relays. Could you point me at a relay i would need with maybe an amazon link. Thanks

#11 ·
#10 ·
Thos little CS lights will do next to nothing and the mod isn't exactly cheap when you count the cost of the valance and the lights. Now, you have a 14, so you can just buy the lights and inserts. 13-14 has a different front end than the 10-12 and allows this. Still, not worth the effort, imho, even if you HID them. Want more output that works? Put HIDs in the grille fogs.

#12 ·
Yeah thanks im starting to think your right about this i just hate the look of those black things where the fog lights would go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.