2014 gt performance - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2014 gt performance

Hey I have a 2014 gt manual trans with the track package, bone stock. i have read that 0-60 should be 4.2 seconds but the best i can do is 5 seconds flat. given I'm probably not the best driver i think i should be getting better times than this. what do y'all think?

2014 GT Premium, Track Package w/3.73 gears, 6-sp, Brembo Brakes, Flowmaster 40's Axle Back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

You will get better. Are you getting wheel spin? Tires and road may need to be warmer, some LCA's will help too if you are getting wheel hop

2012 GT Premuim A/T Sterling Gray, Loaded, Tinted, Steeda 93 Tune, JLT Oil catch can, 12" MTX Sub, CHE LCA's, GT500's, Boss/CS Lower Fascia W/foglights.
2011 V6 M/T traded for 2012 GT
2007 GT M/T traded for CRV
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014
Apprentice

Smile

Those published times usually include dropping the clutch at 3-4K RPM, getting the right amount of wheel spin and a good hookup with warm tires on a good surface. Not always the best thing for your clutch, but will get you good 0-60 times. Some magazines post "street start" times for 5-60 MPH which are done by mashing the gas at 5 mph instead of the clutch dump. These times are usually 0.5 to 1 second slower.

2012 GT Premium, Ingot Silver, 6SP, Brembo Pkg., Pedestal spoiler, Roush louvers, FRPP P Springs, F/R sway bars, adj. dampers, Flowmaster axle backs, Boss lower valence/splitter, Steeda shifter bracket, tint, Boss oil cooler, FRPP Brake cooling

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014
Apprentice
S197 Member

How quick you can reach 60 or run the 1/4 mile is all in the individual who is driving the car.
It's like anything else the more you do it the better you will get.

Craig
2012 GT 300A Lava Red Metallic, Brembo's, 3.73's, Build date 6/17/11
372 RWHP, 354 RWTQ ; GT500 AB's, MGW
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If you are bone stock, a 1/4 mile e.t. of low to mid 13 seconds is average. If you can break into the upper 12 second bracket your driving and your car is above average.

2014 GT 5.0 Premium (Ordered 2/1/2013, received 3/20/2013) 6A - 401A premium trim - Steeda CAI - (Mike Rousch) SCT Dynojet custom tune - Lethal offroad H-pipe - J&M LCA's - BMR relocation brackets - Circle D 5C converter - DSS aluminum drive shaft - front sway bar delete kit - stock mufflers - and a stock 3:15 gear. Best pass so far - 60 ft. 1.577, 1/4 mile e.t. 11.567, mph 117.22.

(Traded in on new 2014)
2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Black - 6M - 3:73 gear
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

that makes a lot of sense, i was thinking that perfect conditions were what they were going off of on those times. i am getting a lot of wheel spin too, less when i launch from concrete rather than asphalt. what are the "LCA" that would improve wheel hop?

2014 GT Premium, Track Package w/3.73 gears, 6-sp, Brembo Brakes, Flowmaster 40's Axle Back
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I think Nibis is referring to Lower Control Arms....and it's a lil more involved that slapping a pair on, some suspension guru's will chime in and help you with this.

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
I think Nibis is referring to Lower Control Arms....and it's a lil more involved that slapping a pair on, some suspension guru's will chime in and help you with this.
You have remote start with a 6sp manual? is it after market?

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Fountain View Post
If you are bone stock, a 1/4 mile e.t. of low to mid 13 seconds is average. If you can break into the upper 12 second bracket your driving and your car is above average.
Mid 13s?? That's quite high. That's with a driver that needs to practice...a lot.

Edit!! Scratch that, was thinking of the Boss. Oops

OP, You have to realize, the published numbers from reviews are always coming from either pro drivers or drivers or extremely good drivers that have been driving for many, many years. You know which cars are the most deceiving when it comes to 0-60s and quarter miles? Higher hp AWD cars, like the STi etc. Those guys will rev high, dump the clutches and launch the car so hard, that if you were to do it, you would destroy the clutch in a matter of months. For instance, my Audi S4 was supposed to be around 5.2 seconds. I couldn't break 5.6 because any harder would have surely fried my clutch.

The mustang GT 0-60 is about 4.5 seconds, according to the reviews and Ford. If you can hit 4.8, you're doing well. At 5 seconds, you're making some progress. Keep at it, you'll get better. Just remember, it could be worse. You could be driving an AWD car that you have to fry the clutch to get good numbers lol

2014 GT White Premium, 3.73s, ROUSH phase 1 Supercharger, True Forged Mach 5 wheels
2014 F150 Phase 2 ROUSH supercher kit, leveled, Hostile Hammered wheels
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs580 View Post
that makes a lot of sense, i was thinking that perfect conditions were what they were going off of on those times. i am getting a lot of wheel spin too, less when i launch from concrete rather than asphalt. what are the "LCA" that would improve wheel hop?
There are several different ways to control wheel hop. The one I used on my 2011 GT 5.0 w/6M transmission was J&M LCA's and BMR relocation brackets. My wheel hop was terrible before adding these two items but, they totally fixed it.

2014 GT 5.0 Premium (Ordered 2/1/2013, received 3/20/2013) 6A - 401A premium trim - Steeda CAI - (Mike Rousch) SCT Dynojet custom tune - Lethal offroad H-pipe - J&M LCA's - BMR relocation brackets - Circle D 5C converter - DSS aluminum drive shaft - front sway bar delete kit - stock mufflers - and a stock 3:15 gear. Best pass so far - 60 ft. 1.577, 1/4 mile e.t. 11.567, mph 117.22.

(Traded in on new 2014)
2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Black - 6M - 3:73 gear
Apprentice

You will hook better on the concrete than asphalt. Ever watch street outlaws? LOLOL. But most of the manual Mustangs I see at my local 1/8th mile track run 8.5's - 8.8's depending on the driver and how well the track is prepped and they get pissy when my auto runs 8.2's. :p Some of these magazine times you see are also done where the driver doesn't even lift off the gas at all when he shifts. Makes for a quick time, hard as heck on the car though.

2012 GT. Auto. K&N drop in filter, Pypes pypebomb axle back, Bama 93R tune. Better tires, x-pipe to come. Resonators to go.
Banned

My '14 runs the 1/8 in 8.157 at Gainesville Raceway, FL. 1/4 in 12.557 @111.81. these cars are more capable than a lot of drivers are capable of delivering. The more you practice the better you will get.
Sean Reilly

All VERY GOOD Replies!!....

And ALL are 100% Correct Ta-Boot!

Sean.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Good tires & suspension are critical for launching hard. I suppose our cars will go 0-60 in 4.2 stock, but that would have to be under perfect conditions. Whereas, sticky tires and UPR suspension would lower that number considerably.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troponin View Post
Mid 13s?? That's quite high. That's with a driver that needs to practice...a lot.

Edit!! Scratch that, was thinking of the Boss. Oops
A bone stock Coyote can run mid-13's in reverse practically. An average driver should get high 12's - low 13's without much effort.

What I'm saying is that you would have to TRY (by holding back or messing up) to get the car into mid-13's.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page