Am I expecting too much? (Whiteline content) - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the info. Anyone with a 13/14 have these relo brackets?

BTW, I still haven't received my refund from CJ's. These guys are a joke. The manufacturer had me contact them and tell them they would give them return credit. CJ's said OK, we will issue a refund. Over a week later I emailed again for an update on refund status and they said they had to get the part back (from the manufacturer?) to issue a refund. I went back to Whiteline, who emailed someone up the chain at CJ's and copied me. That guy never responded, so I called CJ's again and the person told me they would issue the refund only after Whiteline credited them. I go back to Whiteline again last week, who said they issued the credit that day. Turns out CJ's has to wait for the credit (which actually went to the distributor) to come back to them before they will refund me my money.

I can guarantee I will never use CJ's pony parts for anything else.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Exodus,

I believe you were describing that the rear spring was rubbing on the body of the car at the rear of the spring in the coil spring tunnel? Please see attached photos. Not sure if I am using the correct terminology. When you lower the car I believe the rear axle gets moved toward the rear of the car slightly. I lowered my car 1.2" to 1.5" and my passenger side coil spring rubs also when I leave or enter my sloped driveway with curb because I have adjusted my pinion angle with adjustable lower control arm to get a lower pinion angle(Trying for between 1 and 2 degrees). I can eliminate the rubbing by increasing the pinion angle but I want to have my driveline closer to being in phase to eliminate vibration.

I also have relocation brackets, non-adjustable LCA's, and adjustable UCA from BMR. To actually solve your problem (Mine also) you will want to get adjustable LCA's. Or increase your pinion angle.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09785 Passenger Rear.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	355217   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09786 Passenger Front.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	355225  

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
Site Sponsor

OP, what springs do you have installed in the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
Exodus,

I believe you were describing that the rear spring was rubbing on the body of the car at the rear of the spring in the coil spring tunnel? Please see attached photos. Not sure if I am using the correct terminology. When you lower the car I believe the rear axle gets moved toward the rear of the car slightly. I lowered my car 1.2" to 1.5" and my passenger side coil spring rubs also when I leave or enter my sloped driveway with curb because I have adjusted my pinion angle with adjustable lower control arm to get a lower pinion angle(Trying for between 1 and 2 degrees). I can eliminate the rubbing by increasing the pinion angle but I want to have my driveline closer to being in phase to eliminate vibration.

I also have relocation brackets, non-adjustable LCA's, and adjustable UCA from BMR. To actually solve your problem (Mine also) you will want to get adjustable LCA's. Or increase your pinion angle.
I can't believe I didn't notice this previously, when we discussed.

You are definitely making some valid points, BUT....what I also noticed immediately, after seeing your pics again - is the springs you have seem to be substantially larger (OD) compared to the OEM springs, or some other aftermarket pieces.

Due to your situation being very, very uncommon for me and my dealings, I decided to look into that further. This is what I found thanks to Google.

BMR vs OEM:

Vogtland vs OEM:

I don't want to pass the blame off on another company, but I think it is a compounding situation. With an OEM spring, BMR, or any other spring that closely resembles the OEM outer diameter, I imagine that this issue would not be present. I could be wrong, but as I stated earlier....this is very uncommon. I can also state that I rarely ever speak with customers who have these springs (Vogtland)

Interesting!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I see the point both of you are making. I need to look at the pinion angle again after I buy another set of relo brackets.
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus5 View Post
Thanks for the info. Anyone with a 13/14 have these relo brackets?

BTW, I still haven't received my refund from CJ's. These guys are a joke. The manufacturer had me contact them and tell them they would give them return credit. CJ's said OK, we will issue a refund. Over a week later I emailed again for an update on refund status and they said they had to get the part back (from the manufacturer?) to issue a refund. I went back to Whiteline, who emailed someone up the chain at CJ's and copied me. That guy never responded, so I called CJ's again and the person told me they would issue the refund only after Whiteline credited them. I go back to Whiteline again last week, who said they issued the credit that day. Turns out CJ's has to wait for the credit (which actually went to the distributor) to come back to them before they will refund me my money.

I can guarantee I will never use CJ's pony parts for anything else.
Who have you been dealing with at CJ's about this?
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
OP, what springs do you have installed in the car?

I can't believe I didn't notice this previously, when we discussed.

You are definitely making some valid points, BUT....what I also noticed immediately, after seeing your pics again - is the springs you have seem to be substantially larger (OD) compared to the OEM springs, or some other aftermarket pieces.

Due to your situation being very, very uncommon for me and my dealings, I decided to look into that further. This is what I found thanks to Google.

BMR vs OEM:

Vogtland vs OEM:

I don't want to pass the blame off on another company, but I think it is a compounding situation. With an OEM spring, BMR, or any other spring that closely resembles the OEM outer diameter, I imagine that this issue would not be present. I could be wrong, but as I stated earlier....this is very uncommon. I can also state that I rarely ever speak with customers who have these springs (Vogtland)

Interesting!
Dang I guess I did not notice the difference at first. I checked to see if I had any pictures comparing the old with the new. See pics. Kelly you are absolutely correct about the Vogtland spring diameter larger near the bottom than OEM. Maybe I need to replace the rear Vogtland springs with something comparable to the spring rate from BMR. Or at least a spring rate that would be suitable if I keep the Vogtland springs on in front. The Vogtland springs have progressive spring rate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09922.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	640.3 KB
ID:	355530   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09923.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	587.7 KB
ID:	355538  

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

Last edited by PMDmustang13; 06-12-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: forgot pics
Site Sponsor

Attention to detail my friend, attention to detail.

Not trying to toot my horn here, but I have a knack for resolving, and troubleshooting. I have to do it all day long. lol

I think a new set of rear springs are in order for you, good sir. Glad we could figure out the issue, even if it was so far along after the initial discussion!

Also, I hope this will help others who come into this situation. Mixing a larger spring, with rear suspension mods, may be asking for trouble.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Who have you been dealing with at CJ's about this?
Sending a PM.
GT Member

Good stuff. Just FYI it shouldn't be a problem w/ a different spring. I have BMR springs, CHE brackets and J&M non-adjustable rear LCA's. No noises or rubbing of any kind.

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
Good stuff. Just FYI it shouldn't be a problem w/ a different spring. I have BMR springs, CHE brackets and J&M non-adjustable rear LCA's. No noises or rubbing of any kind.
So, while I understand your logic, aren't there literally thousands of people with Steeda Sport springs? Shouldn't several of them be reporting the same issues?

Last edited by Exodus5; 06-19-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus5 View Post
So, while I understand your logic, aren't there litterally thousands of people with Steeda Sport springs? Shouldn't several of them be reporting the same issues?
You are correct - for your situation.

Those springs are actually smaller, OD, than OEM - If I remember correctly. So your Brackets are definitely causing the issue.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

Rookie

This is great info and gives me something else to check. I've had a noise in the rear end since installing the springs, control arms and lowering brackets. I've retightened every bolt twice and still the noise. It sounds like it's coming from the rear shocks but this is very close to the spring tunnels. I might have the same issue of the springs hitting. I initially adjusted the LCA's to center the rear wheels in the wheel well but I did lengthen the UCA so the springs could be hitting. Can't wait to check and see if this is the issue.

Steve
2013 Race Red GT MT82
MGW Shifter, Whiteline LCA's, Lowering Brackets, Panhard Bar and Brace, UPR Double Adjustable UCA and Bracket, Eibach Sportlines, Koni Yellows, Ground Control Caster/Camber Plates, MBRP Race Cat-Back Exhaust, Roush Front Spoiler, JLT CAI and Oil Seperator, Bama V2 Tune, Joe Heck Racing Braided Clutch Line, T/A Performance Rear Bearing Cap Studs and Differential Cover, USA Alloy Rear Axles, PowerStop Brakes.
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBigDog View Post
This is great info and gives me something else to check. I've had a noise in the rear end since installing the springs, control arms and lowering brackets. I've retightened every bolt twice and still the noise. It sounds like it's coming from the rear shocks but this is very close to the spring tunnels. I might have the same issue of the springs hitting. I initially adjusted the LCA's to center the rear wheels in the wheel well but I did lengthen the UCA so the springs could be hitting. Can't wait to check and see if this is the issue.
Did you get it resolved?

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I am bringing this one back from the dead only because I want to make sure the resolution is posted. CJ's did take care of me, so I appreciate that and have used them since with no issues.
The issue was resolved (mostly...it still does it ocassionally) with the BMR relo brackets. They looked very similar, but I'm guessing somewhere there is an 1/8" difference that caused them to work with only the very rare rub as opposed to the Whitelines that rubbed all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page