Am I expecting too much? (Whiteline content) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Am I expecting too much? (Whiteline content)

So about a month ago I bought a set of Whiteline relo brackets in preparation for lowering my car. The day before I lowered my car I put them on and noticed a scraping noise when I went to the shop to have my springs installed. They did the install but everytime I turned sharply left and sometimes right I heard the scraping noise. Took it back to the shop and he looked under the car and found the springs were actually rubbing the back part of the rear spring perch opening. He measured and found that the relo bracket was set to far forward which, in turn, meant that the axle was shifted back by 1/4". I had him try to fix it but it wouldn't work so he removed the relo brackets and everything was back to normal. I contacted CJs pony parts who (obviously) said no to a return since the parts were now "used". I contacted Whiteline 9 days ago and have since seen exactly 0% movement on my issue. I finally got the support person I spoke to yesterday to agree to swap out my relo brackets, but they are over two weeks out and he still never sent me the return label. I am starting to lose my patience but I ask you guys...Am I being an impatient jerk? Should it take 7 business days (including sending detailed pictures of the issue) for a company to agree to swap a part and then STILL NOT SEND THE LABEL?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014
PONY Member

That is not being unreasonable at all. If they have already agreed to take them back you should be able to get the label within 24hrs at most. Most businesses I have dealt with do it within minutes of an agreement. Good luck on getting this resolved.

If I were you I would stick with the vendors you see on this forum whenever possible (BMR, AM, Steeda, UPR,....). These guys show that they have a vested interest in keeping their customers happy. They know people are on here all the time and so are they communicating back and forth so bad word spreads quickly for them. They make mistakes just like everyone else, but if you read enough you will typically see that they try to make you happy.

2013 Red Candy Metallic GT Premium Coupe
Black Leather, 6MT, Comfort Package, Brembo Package, 3.55 Axle
Borla Touring axle back, Suntec CXP 45% window tint, Eibach Pro-Kit, Steeda Strut Mounts, Rear Upper Control Arm and Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets, Energy Suspension Shifter Bushing
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg5.0 View Post
That is not being unreasonable at all. If they have already agreed to take them back you should be able to get the label within 24hrs at most. Most businesses I have dealt with do it within minutes of an agreement. Good luck on getting this resolved.

If I were you I would stick with the vendors you see on this forum whenever possible (BMR, AM, Steeda, UPR,....). These guys show that they have a vested interest in keeping their customers happy. They know people are on here all the time and so are they communicating back and forth so bad word spreads quickly for them. They make mistakes just like everyone else, but if you read enough you will typically see that they try to make you happy.
Oh, don't worry. No more Whiteline for me.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014
PONY Member

your not a jerk
They should be able to e-mail you a return label, or at worst have it delivered the next day.

After reading your other post I went and looked at my whiteline brackets. I didn't have the issue you had, but my springs are a little tiny bit closer to the rear of the spring pocket, but not touching.

I have adjustable LCA's so just turned mine in a half turn and springs are now perfectly centered.

I don't think I can send mine back as I welded mine in, lol

also I called whiteline, and gave them my suggestion of adding another hole a inch higher, we will see if they make a change, highly doubt it, though I think they need another hole in the bracket

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
your not a jerk
They should be able to e-mail you a return label, or at worst have it delivered the next day.

After reading your other post I went and looked at my whiteline brackets. I didn't have the issue you had, but my springs are a little tiny bit closer to the rear of the spring pocket, but not touching.

I have adjustable LCA's so just turned mine in a half turn and springs are now perfectly centered.

I don't think I can send mine back as I welded mine in, lol
See, there is the issue. They want you to use their adjustable LCAs. I'm sure this would be no issue if I had those, but I don't so it is an issue. The problem is nowhere in their literature does it say "if you don't use our adjustable arms you are screwed". It just says "we recommend you use our (insert part number here)". Now that I've called them on the idea you HAVE to use adjustable LCAs, they tell me I'm the first person to ever have this issue. And I know that just cannot be true.
The biggest problem with their whole support structure is that the guys here in the US have to go ask the people in Austrailia for approval. Also, I am constantly having to send a second email (often being a jerk) to get the answer/update to my previous email.

As for the second hole...I began this particular email chain with them because I was afraid the 1.5" drop wasn't enough to warrant these brackets.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014
PONY Member

I ran my Roush bars for a while, had no issues with them, but was able to dial them in better with the adjustable arms

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Call them every day.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

Wait wait wait...you used an aftermarket part (which, for the record, there are no guarantees with aftermarket parts) it didn't work for your specific application, and you ignored (or just don't like) the recommendation the parts company made, and now you want them to wait on you hand and foot? Seems reasonable...

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014
Apprentice

[QUOTE=Exodus5;6306002]See, there is the issue. They want you to use their adjustable LCAs. I'm sure this would be no issue if I had those, but I don't so it is an issue. The problem is nowhere in their literature does it say "if you don't use our adjustable arms you are screwed". It just says "we recommend you use our (insert part number here)". Now that I've called them on the idea you HAVE to use adjustable LCAs, they tell me I'm the first person to ever have this issue. And I know that just cannot be true.
/QUOTE]

I think this part is unreasonable. They make adjustable parts for a reason. I think it's fair for them to assume the customer will consider the whole setup when buying parts. If they had to document every instance in which the part may not work perfectly the shipping on the documentation would be more than on the part...

The stuff in the first post is a little unreasonable though... If they agreed to take the return and send you a shipping label they shouldn't make you wait over a week for it. As for the rest, in my opinion it's upto the consumer to do a good bit of research rather than just buying parts and not expecting any issues that weren't included in a disclaimer

2014 White Mustang GT MT82 3.73 Brembo Recaro
Kooks catback, Barton 2 post, CJPonyparts Clutchline, Vorshlag Brakelines, ST Coilovers, BMR LCA, Panhard Rod, and Relo Brackets
12.502 @ 112.28 - 1.917 60' <-- stock tires
(Avatar is my old car, don't have a cool pic of my 'merica car yet)
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamsh View Post
Wait wait wait...you used an aftermarket part (which, for the record, there are no guarantees with aftermarket parts) it didn't work for your specific application, and you ignored (or just don't like) the recommendation the parts company made, and now you want them to wait on you hand and foot? Seems reasonable...
All whiteline parts are guaranteed.
My specific application was exactly what Whiteline stated in their ads.
What recommendations? Them recommending I buy more of their products to fix issues with their design?
Site Sponsor

If you consider modding the damper hole (the position of the damper bolt hole is causing your issue) I will gladly send you a template of ours, so you can trace it and ream the hole out.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
If you consider modding the damper hole (the position of the damper bolt hole is causing your issue) I will gladly send you a template of ours, so you can trace it and ream the hole out.
Thanks Kelly, but after repeated contacts yesterday I was finally sent the return label. I will return the brackets and see if they find any issues. If they see something wrong with these, great. I am not sure what I'll do if they say these are within specs.
PONY Member

I don't think you are being unreasonable.
If they recommend that everyone use their adjustable parts, they why sell the one that causes problems? Either fix the problem or don't sell it.
Hope you get it worked out quickly.

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Just thought I'd update as a community service. It appears that (for whatever reason) the Whiteline Lower Control Arm Relocation brackets MAY NOT work without adjustable control arms. I'm not going to say they WON'T work, but Whiteline has in essence blamed my Roush LCAs for the change in my rear axle...even though I proved to them that the axle was fine after removing their brackets.
Regardless, I sent them back and their techs said the brackets were perfect, so I can only assume there is some small difference that makes these not compatible with a 2014 GT with stock length LCAs. Luckily they have allowed me to get my money back from CJ's Pony Parts.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus5 View Post
Just thought I'd update as a community service. It appears that (for whatever reason) the Whiteline Lower Control Arm Relocation brackets MAY NOT work without adjustable control arms. I'm not going to say they WON'T work, but Whiteline has in essence blamed my Roush LCAs for the change in my rear axle...even though I proved to them that the axle was fine after removing their brackets.
Regardless, I sent them back and their techs said the brackets were perfect, so I can only assume there is some small difference that makes these not compatible with a 2014 GT with stock length LCAs. Luckily they have allowed me to get my money back from CJ's Pony Parts.
The WL brackets work fine with my J&M non adj. LCA's

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page